MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-04-2002, 01:38 AM   #1
Tod
Registered Member

Default Good day at the Auto show in Cleveland

it was a pretty good afternoon i got to spend today. me and my girlfriend went on up to the I-X Center this afternoon and weren't disappointed. Ford had the new Thunderbird (a beautiful Silver Matallic color) showing and the new GT-40 concept which was VERY impressive in person. it looks quite intimidating when you see it up close, should be a pretty cool car.

one of the local dealers had to Roush mustangs there. a red coupe and a black convertable, pretty cool. again they are more impressive in person, and sitting in the black convertable just made me want one MORE, even though it was disappointing to not be able to get up close and personal with a new Saleen. the Lightning was present and IMO is THE coolest truck on Earth. the cab was comfy and sportscar-like and had a great racing feel to it.

i also got to scope out some of the Chevy stuff as well. and i must say i felt pretty good sitting in a bright yellow corvette and the getting into the '02 SS was pretty intimidating. even though it's the Mortal Enemy of the Mustang world, it wasn't too bad looking. the '02 Firebird Trans Am was even more appealing than the SS, those things just LOOK powerful and loud. didn't get to climb inside which was disappointing seeing as the SS and even Corvettes were unlocked.

the biggest disappointment was the lack of the SVT Cobra. none there and i was hoping to see and get a feel for that car the most. they had the engine on display beside the Lightnings engine and the new ZX2's engine (why i have no idea).

and before i forget, Ford had on display a BEAUTIFUL F-350. i didn't see what year it was (stupid me) but it was big, yellow and absolutley showed BRUTE power in design. it was something i didn't expect to see but pretty cool.

overall it was alot of fun (and my girlfriend said she actually had a great time....wow). how many of you are auto show regulars? i was pondering this as i walked about today. how many of you like to go to these things whenever you have the chance?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: