MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-16-2001, 10:26 AM   #1
5000cc
Registered Member

Angry sliping in 8 months

I had local 5.0 shop installed a king cobra clutch,new cable,steeda firewall & firewall adjustable about 8 months ago.Since day one my pedal is very stiff and today my clutchl is slipping in every gear.I keep adjusting the clutch cable until it cannot adjust anymore.Is this some kind of part defected or the guy who do the installation did not know what the hell he was doing? I guess this time i am going to do it myself,if it is not that hard to do.Can i stil use pressure plate and change only disc or do i have to change both? do they sell these parts separately? and how do i adjust the clutch properly after it's done ?.
5000cc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2001, 10:47 AM   #2
Stang Runner
Registered Member

I think you need to do both at the same time. I know what you me my new stock clutch slips and it as less than 1500Miles on in.

------------------
1988 LX 5.0 3060lbs (full Tank)
Drivetrain: 2.73 Stock Gears, World Class T-5, Lakewood Bellhousing, Summit Adjustable Cluch Quadrant & Cable, Alumminum Driveshaft, Flaming River Manual Steering Rack
Suspension: MAC Control Arms,Maximum Motorsports Front Grip Package, H&R Sport Spings, Bilstein Shocks
Engine: Steal Mounts, Ram air, K&N, Under Drive Pulles
Exhaust: 1 5/8 Un-Equal Length Mac Headers, X-pipe W\cats, Edelbrock cat\back

Stang Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2001, 12:57 PM   #3
BilLster
Registered Member

Do you still have your stock quadrant ? it could be slipping with the extra pressure of the cobra clutch also is the cable adjustable at the clutch .Some setups need both to work right.

------------------
89 with 395 single stage n2o and 373's need suspention upgrade
BilLster is offline   Reply With Quote