MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-18-2004, 01:13 AM   #1
Skyman
I need 110mph Trap Speed!

Default Where on earth do you meet girls?

Ive never been the best guy at approaching a girl and striking up a conversation, but where on earth do you meet them.

Granted I've only been looking for a few days, but Ive been to the beach, the gym, the mall, the book store, and many more, and man maybe my standards are too high from my last girlfriend, but I dont see any I want!

Not being in school makes it hard, and being in a work environment where my customers are all 35+ and my co-workers are 3 men, I think its going to be a bit challenging.

RIP
----
1993 Notch w/ 98 4V 4.6 Fasttt...

-1989 Saleen Mustang #406-
12.32@109

-1999 Black Cobra Coupe-
JBA Shorties, Bassani Cat-X, Magnaflow 3", Pulleys, 85mm Pro-M, Ported Intake, Soild Rear w/ 4.30s, Tubular Front End, X2C arms, 13lb batt, few others.
Skyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 03:13 PM   #2
Stang_Crazy
It's never clean enough!

All of the nice women are already taken

Seriously, you've only been looking for a few days. I would give it a little more time. And who knows, one day when you least expect it the right girl may find you. I think you've already hit most of the popular hang-outs....I would just keep at it!

89' GT : Taking up garage space and waiting for a buyer...

Rice Hater's Club - Member #11
Stang_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 04:13 PM   #3
GhOsT6_9
Registered Member

Man, first off you need to RELAX! Its only been a few days, take a while to chill and just have some fun for yourself with friends and such.

Don't do the whole rebound thing, or jumping right back into another relationship. I'm in the same boat as you at this very moment, so I kinda know where you're at.

My best suggestion would be the places you just stated. But for me my Mustang club events were great places to meet women at, and also the local track does have the few women show up, so both of those work since there will be some common interest with car (big interest for me ).

Other then that just take it easy, and odds are the girls your lookin for will pop up when you least expect it.
5.0L, T-5, 1969 351W heads, cut & welded stock plenum, F-303 cam, Mac 1 5/8 full length headers, Cat'd H-pipe, 3.73 gears, Underdrives, SSM lift bars, E-Fan, 3G Alt, Custom Chip, Autometer gauges, Weld Draglite wheels , M/T ET Street Radials

Best 1/4: 13.33@101.53MPH
GhOsT6_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 04:40 PM   #4
StangFlyer
Founder

Lightbulb

Skyman - When you'll find someone is when you stop looking. When you concentrate on your own life, and don't worry about being with someone, you'll eventually end up coming across someone it will just happen with. So, don't worry about it and just live your life, concentrating on your friends and your interests, and see where that takes you. Usually, life has a funny way of running you into someone you least expected... when you are least expected it.
Media Center Gallery - View my member photos
StangFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 04:43 PM   #5
Skyman

Dan, I know your so right. And I know it. This is just so much to deal with, I have a grip 1/2 of the time, the other half I can't deal.

-sky

RIP
----

12.32@109

-1999 Black Cobra Coupe-
JBA Shorties, Bassani Cat-X, Magnaflow 3", Pulleys, 85mm Pro-M, Ported Intake, Soild Rear w/ 4.30s, Tubular Front End, X2C arms, 13lb batt, few others.
Old 05-18-2004, 05:00 PM   #6
StangFlyer
Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by Skyman
Dan, I know your so right. And I know it. This is just so much to deal with, I have a grip 1/2 of the time, the other half I can't deal.-sky
Such is life with most of us...
Media Center Gallery - View my member photos
StangFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 05:45 PM   #7
mustangII460
Factoy Five Roadster

Barrow a dog/puppy and go to the park. Bring a broken leash.

Barrow a kid and go to the same park and get the kid to break the ice. "Fall down fake hurt near some babe." Make sure you look very concerned. Maybe tell her that his mom left you two. Tell her your a "Big Brother."

Search the local "Metro Pulse" edition for events, outdoor etc. Folk art or musical. Seems to attract cool chicks sometimes. This may require some pre-event google studying. Bring cheat cards.

Go to a protest and act concerned. Who cares what protest it is, just watch out for cameras and avoid being on the 6 o"clock news.

Bookstores are good. Make sure you carry a book about something crappy like love. Make it noticable. Hide the Hot Rod mag in the center and read it.

Compliments, women love these things. Why? I havn't a clue, but they work. Nice hair, whats that your wearing, do you work out. Don't say crap like "Did it hurt?" When you fell from Heaven? Or, your eyes are like bla bla bla bla. They know the deal.

Asking questions and listen to women. Getting them to talk is key. They don't give a rats a$$ what you have done in your past and don't want to hear it. They like men who listen and are interested in THEM. Thank goodness Im half deaf. I just turn my bad ear that way and nod.

Hang in there bro, you'll get through it.

Theres always the inflatable kind
Old 05-18-2004, 05:59 PM   #8
Capri306

LoL @ mustangII460

/hank hill voice ON

I tell ya wut, you ain't never gonna find one so long as you're lookin'!!!

/hank hill voice OFF

Someone told me that a loooooooong time ago, and it's been the truth each and every time I've met someone: I wasn't looking FOR anyone or anything.

Give it time, man. Get yourself back to 'normal' first.

fwiw, i usually meet them in class or at parties, but for a real relationship and not a one time bang, it's the empty lots late at night when a whole lotta muscle cars park for me. Seems like girls bring their friends in their boyfriends' cars to hang out...or something like that.

1979 Mercury Capri
1987 5.0L Mustang LX Notchback
1993 5.8L Eddie Bauer Bronco
Capri306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 06:26 PM   #9
Rev
Registered Member

Default Try car shows?

At those you always kind of mingle. You can always say "Isn't that a cool looking car? What a ride" to almost anyone. If nothing girlwise nterests you, then you've always seen some nice cars and it isn't a total waste of time. Note: more girls at car shows than at the track IMHO.

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 06:37 PM   #10
Skyman

Yeah thanks for the input guys. Rev, I see the stangers still running good. I want her back, but she doesnt want me, hurts.

RIP
----

12.32@109

-1999 Black Cobra Coupe-
Old 05-18-2004, 08:49 PM   #11
Ackbar00
Rebel Fleet Commander

Get a Civic with a big wing, youll have a Asian chic in no time

11.25@123.5 on only 8 psi.
10.84@121 on only 1 headgasket

"The Truth is, Your the Weak, and I am the Tyranny of Evil Men!"

Ackbar00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 08:52 PM   #12
Stang_Crazy
It's never clean enough!

Quote:
Originally posted by Skyman
Dan, I know your so right. And I know it. This is just so much to deal with, I have a grip 1/2 of the time, the other half I can't deal.

-sky

Sky, live your life to the fullest and give your emotions some time to settle down. About 2 years ago, I was in the same boat as you so I have some clue as to what you're going through.

I can really relate with only having a grip on things half the time. What helped me the most was staying active and busy. It's easy to get down on yourself but alot of good can come of the situation. You already have a good idea of where and why the relationship went sour so take it as a lesson learned. If someday she returns to you, you'll know what problems to remedy so they don't happen again. If she doesn't return, you'll take that bit of wisdom and apply it to your next relationship so it doesn't fall victim to the same result.

I know things are tough right now but everything will work out for your best interest. God has an amazing way of guiding you toward happiness when you think you're headed toward sadness/emptiness/lonliness. Just stay busy and keep living your life the best you can!

BTW: After being apart for over 2 years, I still have an enormous amount of love for my ex. Do I want to get back together with her? Yes. Am I still in love with her? Yes. Do I fret and worry about it everyday? No. I live my life each day without worrying about it and if our paths happen to cross once again, we'll continue on our journey together. If our paths do not cross, I accept it and wish her all the happiness and love in the world.

My advice to you would be to keep walking down your path. You do not know if Breanne's path will cross yours and you cannot control where her path meanders. The only thing you can do is continue walking down your path and see where it leads you and who it leads you to. Take care and God bless.

89' GT : Taking up garage space and waiting for a buyer...

Rice Hater's Club - Member #11
Stang_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 09:56 PM   #13
Skyman

Great advice Dan. And I know it. I had a long talk w/ my dad about that and I am feeling better now. Ive decieded for the time being I am not going to keep communications open with her, if it some comes that I can later, I will. For now I will start focusing on myself for once.

RIP
----

12.32@109

-1999 Black Cobra Coupe-
Old 05-19-2004, 01:15 AM   #14
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Most people meet other people through their friends. You're still young enough not to be the "old guy" at parties.

There's always the online scene, but I swear it can get to be a pita. I remember when I was dating 10 girls at the same time. All of them had malfunctions.

The bookstore, the coffee shop, the bagel shop, they're all filled with hot girls, but they're usually not there to pick up guys, lol.

Other than that, if you're not the type to strike up a conversation (finding quality girls at the bar is sort of few and far between) it's going to be hard to meet them randomly, though I have done so before.

Having a motorcycle is for some reason helpful. Girl: "oooooooo you have a motorcycle too!!!???" Kell: "yes, isn't it exciting?"
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 07:23 PM   #15
LX5liter
dude5l

I have to agree with the other guys on here. STOP trying. Get comfortable being alone, and have a good time with your buddies. After a while when the girls realize you don't need a woman, they will be trying to pick you up. I think most of us have been through this one way or another, and we know it's hard the first little while. But soon you will enjoy the single life.

Brad R.
1992 L.X. 5.0 coupe
MODS: A few little bolt ons
New Best time ...11.60 @ 128 mph @ 2000+ ft altitude.

Rice Haters Club member #39

Users rides #2542
LX5liter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 08:47 PM   #16
RBatson
Registered Member

Sky, when I was in college I met some fine honeys in the college gym. Thing about a girl in a gym.. you know she's concerned with looking good and will probably keep it up. Number one pick.. the gym.
Old 05-20-2004, 12:29 AM   #17
jocatmust
Registered Member

Default meeting people

hey Sky,
Where can you meet people? I always liked by chance, but I know that is hard. i met my husband by chance. i knew the minute I saw him that there was something there. I liked that feeling. The best thing I can say is that you are young and it will come. If you are looking so hard, it won't. If you still have feelings for your X, you should wait a while before starting something serious, so the other person won't get hurt. Dating is fine. Meet them at book stores, grocery stores, the beach, so forth, it will come. Batson is right you can meet people at the gym. The worst places are clubs, bars, and internet.
Old 05-20-2004, 02:06 AM   #18
84LX89GT
Mustangs

jocatmust is right, the worst places i've tried is bars and clubs, especially clubs. My talk/blew off ratio is very high and my score/talk ratio is insanely low in terms of girls attractive enough for my tastes. In those situations unless a girl is drunk and alone they usually won't jump on you because they're there with friends (just want to dance) and are usually sober enough to realize you just want into their pants. Even if you have good intentions the odds are stacked because of the sausage to biscuit ratio.
I need to start following your guys advise i always end up going out with girls that are friends of friends and they're usually crazy, so i'm not finding the right women to associate myself with.
Good luck Skyler, it sounds like we're both in the same boat

1980 Ford Thunderbird - 255 V8
ported heads, 5.0L ported stock headers, O.R. H-pipe and Flowmaster 2-chambers, dual roller timing chain
hi-po Mack Truck hood emblem

1985 Mustang GT 5.0L T5, F-303, GT40p, headers, off-road h, flowmasters, MSD stuff, etc.

Sold 02/06/04
1989 Mustang GT ET: 13.304@102.29 mph (5-24-03)

Sold - 1998 Mustang Cobra coupe, 1/4 mile - street tires: 13.843@103.41 (bone stock)
84LX89GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 02:45 PM   #19
69fastback
IRAQ VET

Any of your friends have a sister? I married my best friends sister.
91 GT
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 04:20 PM   #20
carlos.elliott
Registered Member

First off realize you don't need one and you are fine by yourself. Then once you are happy and not looking you will able to relax and find one. Getting a woman isn't hard if you are out going. Just suck it up and talk to girls. What is the worse they will do to you is not be interested. Just go out with your friends and just start talking to girls and I will gurentee one will bite. But untill then fix up your car it will be the best woman you will ever have.
carlos.elliott is offline   Reply With Quote