MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-18-2002, 07:40 PM   #1
rustang girl
Registered Member

Angry Got rear-ended!

Was driving to Orange county (Ca.) to visit a friend for the weekend. Left @ the wrong time, LOTS of traffic. Anywho, I got rear-ended by an old Japanese couple. Put a kink in the back bumper and dented the ummmmm, back fender, just below the light. We just replaced that this year. We didn't pay for it though, the previous owner gave it to us. Anywho, major traffic jam, lots of parked cars. Anywho, I was stopped and I saw him approching and knew right away he wouldn't be able to stop. So I braced myself. He was driving a Toyatta. He went right under us, TRASHED the front of his car. He was considering getting it towed. I was too pissed to talk to the guy so my fiance got out and talked to him. When he asked for his insuarance, he gave him his eyeglasses prescription, which he wasn't even wearing. Explains him weaving all over the place. I was actually trying to get outa that lane to get away from him. When his wife got out, she was pissed, she said something along the lines of "You didn't even get a scratch." Well we did, back right light acting up, kinked bumper (right under the gas cap) and dented fender. It was pretty scary, that was my 2nd accident. The other was last year, in a 924 Porsche, my seat was missing a few bolts so I got some BAD whiplash, I was the only one hurt. Some english guy slammed on his breaks @ a light that just turned yellow. Anyho, just thought I'd let ya know.

Oh, an update on my car. FINALLY got my car back, after 3 weeks of waiting. It's still having heating probs waiting for a new 7 bladded fan, we bought a shroud, but forgot to get the brackets, so we've decided to send it back and get the bigger shroud, w/ the braskets. We're also considering getting one of those power fans, forgot what they're called.

Sadly, if that stuff doesn't fix our over heating probs, we're going to sale my Mustang. And get something new, checked out a used car lot yesterday. I'm already missing my car, just the thought of loosing it.

One good thing about the accident, we got the exhaust system rebuilt July 4th weekend, and he messed it up. Was rattling, making TONS of noices. We were planning on taking it back tomarrow (Monday) to complain. Well, since it got hit, it doesn't rattle. Ganna check it out though, make sure it's not kinked anywhere, but I think it's just cuz the pannel got bent.

K, this is long enough. I just thought someone might care. I know Chris might. hehe

Well, TTFN, Take Care,
http://ricehatersclub.com/
http://MechaPS.com/
rustang girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2002, 07:51 PM   #2
The Deuce
Registered Member

Sucks about the car. I'd have decked the old man, but I've got a pretty short fuse lately. Then I'd have decked the lady for her comment. Some people should not be allowed out of their house.

Hope your overheating gets solved. That would suck to lose the car after everything you've been through with it.

Rice Haters Club Member #13

Last edited by The Deuce; 08-19-2002 at 11:12 AM..
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2002, 07:57 PM   #3
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

that sux sorry to hear it, you might want to re-think selling it, they are getting hard to find. cya marty.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2002, 08:04 PM   #4
PKRWUD

Did the guy end up having insurance? Did you get his name and number? You ARE going to get compensated for this, right?

Does the car get hot in stop and go traffic, or at highway speeds?

BTW what is TTFN?

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2002, 03:57 AM   #5
rustang girl
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by The Deuce
That was totally not what I thought it would be about. Sucks about the car. I'd have decked the old man, but I've got a pretty short fuse lately. Then I'd have decked the lady for her comment. Some people should not be allowed out of their house.

Hope your overheating gets solved. That would suck to lose the car after everything you've been through with it.
LoL what were you thinking it'd be about? LoL

Ya, god was I pissed. Eventually, once I got out to see how bad it was, I realized how bad his was, and how bad mine wasn't I started laughing and got back inside. Then I got back out so I could talk to the Sherrif(s) (2nd showed up later) (they were basically laughing @ the guy). They couldn't belive nothing was wrong w/ mine, I had to pint out the 3 probs to them a few times. Eventually I walked off and went to the couple. They were such weirdos. Some people REALLY shouldn't have lisences. We tried to get his lisence but they kept giving us hers, finally the sheriff came over and got it, made sure it was current. That was funny too.

Thanks, I hope so too. Ya, we were talking about replacing a few months ago, but decided, since we've put so much into it we should just keep it. Fiannly decied if it keeps up, it'll be cheaper to get something else.
Old 08-19-2002, 04:03 AM   #6
rustang girl
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Crazy Horse GT
that sux sorry to hear it, you might want to re-think selling it, they are getting hard to find. cya marty.
Are they? We're ALWAYS seeing people driving them here. @ least 4 a dy (when we drive anywhere on the freeway). If we don't go on the freeway one day, we'll see @ least 2 others. Friday nights, down the street from us is the original Bob's Big Boy, there are always TONS of em then. When I wash my car @ least 2 drive by and honk and wave. hmmmmm, Where do you live, maybe it's just where u live. Come here and you'll find planty. hehe

One thing for sure, we haven't found any one car, w/out body work done, that is in such great condition. The frame is straight and almost no rust. You could find it in a few spots, but mostly just rust. The door panels, the spot where everyones rusts, ours isn't rusted there. Now the interiour of the car is a different story.

The wires and other things are all messed up.

If we keep the car we're ganna get it transfered to fuel injection and replace all the wiring. If we don't, then the next owner can deal w/ it their selves.

The previous guy, Ray, he installed a security system and radio his self, they're causing out shorts.
Old 08-19-2002, 04:20 AM   #7
rustang girl
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PKRWUD
Did the guy end up having insurance? Did you get his name and number? You ARE going to get compensated for this, right?

Does the car get hot in stop and go traffic, or at highway speeds?

BTW what is TTFN?

Take care,
~Chris
Yes, "California Insurance Co." Yes, we wrote it in the book we keep in the glove box to keep track of gas, milage, oilchanges, etc. (Keep receipts there also.) Yes, yes of course. It was his fault. I did nothing wrong. He was an idiot.

God, I still can't believe I watched him come up behind me. I couldn't take my eyes off the window. He was staying off everyones butts the whole time. I didn't think he was THAT bad. He was always a few car lengths back from me (or any car in front of him).

I had a bad dream about it Saturday night and tonight. (Woke up and couldn't get back to sleep.)

I still haven't had a chance to talk to my mom about it.

It overheats @ both. Mostly highway speeds, we tend to make sure we don't drive @ rush hour. Friend had an emergency. His babdy son poured a the whole bottle of fish food in the tank, and his wife had the cards w/ her (out of town visiting friend) he only had $12 for the weekend. So we were driving there to buy the filters and meds he needed for them. He had the fish for 3 years. He lost almost all of them, saved about 4 I think. Anyways, it has gotten hot a few times @ rush hour, almost overheated once. But it's usually @ freeway speeds. So, when it gets hot we go slower. We keep it about 80, any slower it gets hot, any faster it gets hot. When we go long distances in it, we tend to to when it's colder, 2am.

TTFN = Ta Ta For Now

Took it from Whinnie the Poo when I was a kid.
Old 08-19-2002, 09:06 AM   #8
PKRWUD

Tell me about your radiator again. Sounds to me like it's partially clogged.

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 08-19-2002, 01:59 PM   #9
rustang girl
Registered Member

Quote:
Tell me about your radiator again. Sounds to me like it's partially clogged.

Take care,
~Chris
What's there to tell?

We've flushed it a few times. Ummmm..... Was, ummmm, recored, or cleaned up, something... With the last engine install, the water pump was defective, the part that sticks out the front, a rod, w/ a thing where u screw the screws in, on the end f the rod, well, that part fell off and the blades went flying into the radiator. The mechanic still had the car @ this point, was testing the engine. As soon as that happened, he shut off the car. But there's still some damage to the radiator, we need to straighten up quite a few of the slits.

Suposubly <sp> it wasn't his fault, cuz it was the water pump we bought, that he took off of the old engine. He got it replaced, we gotta call today to give him the # on the reciept so he can call the company that gave him a replacement waterpump.

Speaking of which, something's wrong w/ it. I forgot what they're called. Balancers of something. Something dealing w/ the pullys on the water pump, they wobble a LOT! Not sure what's up w/ that...
Old 08-19-2002, 02:10 PM   #10
PKRWUD

You need to spend $150 and buy a NEW radiator. Period. No more best buddy with his 2am soldering iron. Do it right.

The pulley's should not wobble at all. Do not take the car home until that is fixed. Remember when I said I was concerned about this guy using the right balancer? This is what I'm talking about.

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 08-19-2002, 02:55 PM   #11
rustang girl
Registered Member

Quote:
You need to spend $150 and buy a NEW radiator. Period. No more best buddy with his 2am soldering iron. Do it right.

The pulley's should not wobble at all. Do not take the car home until that is fixed. Remember when I said I was concerned about this guy using the right balancer? This is what I'm talking about.

Take care,
~Chris
hmmmm, ok, I'll mention this to Earle when he gets back from working on his Porsch.

We got some paperwork we've been waiting for for almost a year, not sure how long, loner than 6 months. Now we can get it smogged then finish registration and then get the body panels on. God I can't wait till that car's back on the road, it's his car, I never, ever wanna drive it. Too afraid to break anything. LoL

I'm sick and tired of Earle trying to get the best deal on everything for the Mustang. The price for ANYTHING on the Porsche is worth 9999999999999999999999999% more than ANYTHING on the Mustang, yet he gets the best for the Porsche and the cheapest for the Mustang. Of course, the Porsche's worth more than the Mustang, but still, if we got the correct things in thebeginning we would never be in this mess. and now that we didn't get the best and the not best is turning out to be horribly the wrong choice, he doens't want to spend the money again to replace it. Errrrrr, doing things right the first time is always the best way to save money. He just doesn't get it. ERRRR! He's a dork.
Old 08-19-2002, 02:59 PM   #12
PKRWUD

Quote:
Originally posted by rustang girl
Errrrrr, doing things right the first time is always the best way to save money. He just doesn't get it. ERRRR! He's a dork.
Agreed.

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 08-19-2002, 03:02 PM   #13
rustang girl
Registered Member

Quote:

Agreed.

Take care,
~Chris
LoL
Old 08-19-2002, 03:12 PM   #14
The Deuce
Registered Member

Quote:
. Of course, the Porsche's worth more than the Mustang,
Not if the Mustang was correct. Maybe you should mention that to him. Or could that be his problem, he already knows that

Old 08-19-2002, 03:18 PM   #15
rustang girl
Registered Member

Quote:

Not if the Mustang was correct. Maybe you should mention that to him. Or could that be his problem, he already knows that
hmmmmmm, well, we spent 3 grand on the Mustang and like 20+ on his Porsche.

I'm sure he knows it could be worth a LOT of we fixed it up. It's already worth more than we paid for it. Only thing is, we've put more into it than we'll get outa it if we sold it now, considereing how much we've put into it for the 3 engines. For the 3 engines I'd have to guess around 6 grand. He's just getting REALLY discouraged about the car, we've already put 3 engines in it. Of course, if we did it right the first time, this would have NEVER happened. Errrr, he sure makes me mad when he does stupid things like this. He has always had bad luck w/ cars. Only thing is he doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes.

He's planning on buying a plane down the road, I keep telling him if he does, I WON"T ride in it. A car engine breaking is one thing, a plane engine breaking is another.....
Old 08-19-2002, 03:53 PM   #16
PKRWUD

Quote:
Only thing is, we've put more into it than we'll get outa it if we sold it now, considereing how much we've put into it...
Solution: Tell him to get his head out of his arse and learn from his STUPID mistakes. If he doesn't, then make him pay for them. He'll figure it out eventually. BTW, how did such a young, unemployed couple establish such a wealth of savings? Just curious.

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 08-19-2002, 05:42 PM   #17
rustang girl
Registered Member

Quote:

Solution: Tell him to get his head out of his arse and learn from his STUPID mistakes. If he doesn't, then make him pay for them. He'll figure it out eventually. BTW, how did such a young, unemployed couple establish such a wealth of savings? Just curious.

Take care,
~Chris
$70 an hour, for 40 - 50 hours a week, sometimes 60, for two years. Plus a little of what I had left in savings, only a couple grand.

We've only been unemployed for a few months, April I believe. (That has been a while, has made a difference in savings, got tax return though, so that was good, we were starting to worry for a while.)

Yes, yes he should do that. He gets really hot headed sometimes. Sometimes I don't know what to do w/ him. He stressed too much, lets things get to him. He has had some pretty bad luck too. But everyone has had their own troubles, it's no excuse.

I didn't let my problems run my life. I always found some way to take care of it. Often times that was calling the cops. But, u gotta do what you gotta do.
Old 08-19-2002, 06:05 PM   #18
The Deuce
Registered Member

Sounds like there may be more going on there than we know, and not all of it fun. Def get the new radiator, at least then the car won't be hot headed.

Old 08-19-2002, 06:15 PM   #19
rustang girl
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by The Deuce Sounds like there may be more going on there than we know, and not all of it fun.
What do you mean?

Quote:
Def get the new radiator, at least then the car won't be hot headed.
We got a recored one. When we got it I thought it was new. Otherwise I would have talked him into getting another one. I didn't know until it was on the car that it was used.
Old 08-19-2002, 06:24 PM   #20
The Deuce
Registered Member

Quote:
What do you mean?

Just reading between the lines of your last post. I apologize if I read incorrectly.