MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-25-2002, 10:26 PM   #1
Janeofalltrades

Default Great Day in the Neighborhood! NOT!

Well, NOW I've seen it all!

You KNOW it's a great day when you come home to a mailbox full of letters from collectors....THANKS TO THE THEIVES WHO TOOK YOUR PURSE AND LIFE!.......See, now this sucks! Thanks to these ***#@ who took my stuff, I get to come home, sit here and type all these lame letters to prove that I wasn't out writing bad checks. Damn! Nice world we live in folks....SOMETHING about this whole "ME BEING THE VICTIM" thing is getting lost on these collection companies and bank folks and phone folks...Pretty much everyone, EXCEPT the CA DMV..They helped me...SAD. I have yet to actually see any of the money the bank TOLD me they sent me. Now, I have to prove, with a notarized affidavit that I didn't get the cashier's check and cash it..Hmm WITHOUT A Valid ID on a $45,000 cashier's check..NOT LIKELY!...Delightful Bank I made a horrible error of conducting business with.

So now, 3 weeks later, I have NOTHING except a mailbox full of letters. Oh, Yeah! Chevron..They got me a new card 3 days later. Car and Gas..I'm good! NICE! Hmmmm..Time for a Vacation...IF I HAD MY MONEY...LOL

Thanks for the vent..Felt a little crazy there for a minute....

LOL
Jennifer
aka - Jane of all Trades
Old 11-25-2002, 10:57 PM   #2
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

That sucks, don't worry. I got a call by my manager tonight. I sold $6000 worth of merchandise the last week and my co-worker sold $10,000 of stuff. I get called in tonight when I hoped to have a nice evening with the ex (lol Not bloody likely but still...), anyway, apparently the $16,000 was purchased on Fake Credit Cards, or Stolen ones. So now my *** is on the line, and everything. I have to be investigated by head office, banks, maybe police. I am not looking for a fun filled week. Sorry that is my vent and only cause I'm tired am I cutting it short. They say it may come out of my wallet. I'd like to see them try that.

Anyone help me on this situation who knows what is the worst that can happen to me? I don't even care if I get fired right now. I just want out of this messy situation.

§am.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2002, 11:03 PM   #3
Janeofalltrades

Default See you PM Friend!

Hey Kiddo...Check you ICQ PM...

Jenn
Old 11-25-2002, 11:04 PM   #4
srv1
Get down.....

do you own a gun?
Old 11-25-2002, 11:35 PM   #5
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by srv1
do you own a gun?
you crazy mo fo lol, sorry abot jane & sam's bad luck, that really sux

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 04:02 AM   #6
PKRWUD

Default Re: Great Day in the Neighborhood! NOT!

Quote:
Originally posted by Janeofalltrades
Thanks for the vent..Felt a little crazy there for a minute....

LOL
Jennifer
aka - Jane of all Trades

But hey, your car handles better now!!!

I'm sorry to hear things are still screwed up, but it's gotta get better, right?

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 08:30 AM   #7
1969Mach1

Quote:
Originally posted by srv1
do you own a gun?
I live in Canada remember? Although I did suggest purchasing a taser and tasering everyone that wished to purchase with Visa or Mastercard so we can investigate if they are fraud. He laughed but didn't go for it. The worst part is I work like the next 6 days in a row so I'm going to hear about this everyday. This is shitty!

§am.

302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made

Old 11-26-2002, 10:29 AM   #8
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Default Taking care of business

Originally posted by 1969Mach1

Quote:
Anyone help me on this situation who knows what is the worst that can happen to me? I don't even care if I get fired right now. I just want out of this messy situation.
Sorry to learn of your troubles. I don't know Canadian law or the details of this situation so I can't offer any specific advice but apparently the assumption is that you and the other guy set up a fraud operation. Friends with fake or stolen credit cards buy tons of stuff, you wink at them, approve the sales and split the stuff or sell it and split the money later, claiming ignorance when it hits the fan. You can understand why this could look fishy to your employer and the police.

I would guess that your personal liability will rest on what kind of ID you required and what kind of record you made of the ID the thieves gave for these big purchases. If it's on file and you followed normal procedures you should be O.K. If you got sloppy and didn't verify everything correctly, you could have a problem. Your employer and the police will be looking for a connection between you and the buyers with the fake/stolen credit cards. If there is one, you're toast, if not, you can probably skate but even so, your job is probably in jeopardy unless you are really well-liked and a valuable employee with a perfect record. It's a 'trust issue'.

Assuming you're perfectly innocent here I would think that once everything has been checked out, you'll be O.K., legally. Thieves make purchases with stolen or fake credit cards all the time, unfortunately, and low-level store employees are not held liable for the losses nor should they be, as long as all normal verification procedures were followed. Don't be too defensive but don't let yourself be bullied, either. If you did nothing wrong, say so and don't let anyone involved make you feel guilty for what some low-life thieves did. You're as much a 'victim' as the store. Remind them of that and be sure that your employment record is cleared of any negative remarks concerning this incident. If not, getting another job could be tough.

You have to look out for your interests here and I wish you well in doing so. I only regret that I can't offer more help at this time. Keep us informed as to what's happening with this. Best of luck to you.
Old 11-26-2002, 12:13 PM   #9
1969Mach1

Default Re: Taking care of business

Thanks, that is appreciated. Sorry Jenn I've stole your thread. hehehe... this is the low down. I was never truely trained on how to accpect Visa or Mastercard in our store. I work at a very little store, I'll take a picture of it tonight if I remember. We only have 4 employees and pretty much all of us are new. The other guy and I are really new. Like I've only been there for like 3-4 weeks along with the other guy. And the manager has been there for less then 3 months. Now all the stolen cards have been used agaist the new guys. Honestly at this point I don't even care if I loose my job, I just don't want to be charged for neglegence (which he said was on my part). The job is just a part time job for me to earn some cash. If I loose it I can get a job in many other places as I've been offered a few already, but this location was convient, and it's in a mall so I get to watch the beautiful woman walk by all day. =) I think my mistake was not double checking the signature on a few of the purchases. Which I kick myself for now, but I wasn't even really trained. It was pretty much here ya go. I was closing the store all by myself the 3rd shift. I don't believe I will be using this job on my resume though. lol I can't see much good coming out of it. But it's okay my other jobs I left on excellent terms, + I worked for the goverment so everything is great with them. Well I work at 5 so it's going to be a fun filled evening of crap.

§am.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr 5 0
Originally posted by 1969Mach1

[i]

Sorry to learn of your troubles. I don't know Canadian law or the details of this situation so I can't offer any specific advice but apparently the assumption is that you and the other guy set up a fraud operation. Friends with fake or stolen credit cards buy tons of stuff, you wink at them, approve the sales and split the stuff or sell it and split the money later, claiming ignorance when it hits the fan. You can understand why this could look fishy to your employer and the police.

I would guess that your personal liability will rest on what kind of ID you required and what kind of record you made of the ID the thieves gave for these big purchases. If it's on file and you followed normal procedures you should be O.K. If you got sloppy and didn't verify everything correctly, you could have a problem. Your employer and the police will be looking for a connection between you and the buyers with the fake/stolen credit cards. If there is one, you're toast, if not, you can probably skate but even so, your job is probably in jeopardy unless you are really well-liked and a valuable employee with a perfect record. It's a 'trust issue'.

Assuming you're perfectly innocent here I would think that once everything has been checked out, you'll be O.K., legally. Thieves make purchases with stolen or fake credit cards all the time, unfortunately, and low-level store employees are not held liable for the losses nor should they be, as long as all normal verification procedures were followed. Don't be too defensive but don't let yourself be bullied, either. If you did nothing wrong, say so and don't let anyone involved make you feel guilty for what some low-life thieves did. You're as much a 'victim' as the store. Remind them of that and be sure that your employment record is cleared of any negative remarks concerning this incident. If not, getting another job could be tough.

You have to look out for your interests here and I wish you well in doing so. I only regret that I can't offer more help at this time. Keep us informed as to what's happening with this. Best of luck to you.

302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made

Old 11-26-2002, 07:20 PM   #10
Janeofalltrades

Default That's OK Sam

That's OK Sam, since you're my Bud, I'll allow you to steal my "thunder"!

I'll ICQ ya later.....

Chris, the only way this can get better is if these losers make it your way (last stop they made was Vacaville, CA $150.00 there) and you can do me the honor of a "physical makeover" on these freaks...Damn.. and Yes! at least the the car does handle much better now that the strut tower brace made it under the hood, instead of in the trunk.

Jenn