MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-09-2003, 05:45 PM   #1
0h n0 5.0
Registered Member

Default world of wheels-a review

well stangers the world of wheels in Birmingham alabama has come an is leaving tonight..not too bad, but i' am a lil dissapointed in this years turn out than las years show. maybe it was the crowd..perhaps it was the ever so slightly rising of tickets cost.. i dunno. It wasn't what i thought it was gonna be. lots of stangs, couple of 60's mach's1, 60's verts, 360r, a boss302, couple of foxes, new '03 cobra..but no shelby500's, 350's. no galaxies, or thunderbolts or torinos GT's.. even less in the mopar camp-a cuda, 2 chargers an a road runner. lot of ol skool rods. beautiful chopped 49 merc, 30's coupes, roadsters, a few willy's..not to shabby. but the rice was the thing WOWW MY god.. i almost dread the upcoming shows for some reason now.

lots of bikes this year whole mess of one off harleys, indians, custom choppers, i actually think were a lil nicer than some of the cars.

parking sucked, there were no pass outs- so if you leave you pay another 12.50 to get back in. now i know they gotta pay the rent an everything, but still no "pass-outs" are pretty fukin cheap if you ask me. too many lil kids. ropes ruined a lot of the nice pictures i took, i couldn't get any clean shots.. not a very pleasent experiance save for the exquisite cars.

yep, i prefer cruise in's better i think. so much more personal an inviting.

1994 GT 5.0l
0h n0 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 06:33 PM   #2
Stang_Crazy
It's never clean enough!

I just talked to a friend of mine who went to the world of wheels show in Pittsburgh. Said there was a TON of rice. A few Mach 1's and a 03 Cobra. Said there were a few Fox's as well. He said most of the show was imports. This import "fad" is lasting alot longer than most of us thought. Not only is it lasting, but around here, it seems to be growing !! God help us.

89' GT : Taking up garage space and waiting for a buyer...

Rice Hater's Club - Member #11
Stang_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 11:14 PM   #3
bald guy 90gt
Registered Member

Default world of wheels

the world of wheels in chicago ended feb 1st and i dont think i have ever been 2 a worse show in my life

i have never seen so much damn rice i thought i was in a rice patty and what even makes it worse they had 2 mustangs there with flunken chevy motors ewwwwwwwwwwwwww i almost lost my lunch when i saw them