MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-22-2002, 01:56 PM   #1
0h n0 5.0
Registered Member

Default Harley Davidson issue SVT cobra?

after cars, motorcycles, especially choppers are my next favorite vehicle and being the artistic, creative person I am I was wondering, would it not be kick *** if Harley got together with SVT an created a limited edition Harley Davidson SVT Cobra?, standard with all the HD issue Stuff on the F-150, the leather goodies, availiable in athracite grey an black only, had the flame pinstripe an some kool lightning wheels or mach 1 wheels? maybe massage that 4.6 or leave the bown SVT engine from the 03 or even Better yet!!! a blown 5.4!!!

not that i could afford it, but what more two more american emblems could fit together more perfectly than Cobra an Harley?

any takers?

1994 GT 5.0l
0h n0 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2002, 02:20 PM   #2
PKRWUD

Sounds killer to me!

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2002, 02:59 PM   #3
Coupe Devil

Im all for it, to bad im poor

Brad

Built Ford Tough Moderator
Coupe Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2002, 04:30 PM   #4
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Thumbs down

To me Harley Davidson goes hand in hand with poor quality.

I am all for more power, who isnt, but Harley and SVT are total opposites. Cobras already have leather and its hard to beat the Cobra rims.

JMO. If they did make such a thing I wouldnt buy one but I am sure some people would.

To me Harley Davidson and performance are an Oxy Moron.

Later,
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2002, 08:25 PM   #5
The Deuce
Registered Member

I'm with Dark on this one. An HD Marauder, or Crown vic would make more sense. Anybody that's ever been on a Harley will tell you tales about the torque and sound, but there is almost no actual acceleration.

To make matters worse, you cannot fit ANY HD in the back of the "Harley Edition" f-150 without the tailgate down. This I do not understand. How many people that buy this truck have bikes? Few. It is more of a status thing, because you can't get a four door lightning.

Give me a F250 longbed in black with real tires, and a ramp so i can push a fatboy in the back and close the gate. Those are the only options I would need to be all for a Harley truck. But nobody asked me.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2002, 08:44 PM   #6
srv1
Get down.....

Thumbs down get a Harley.....

DEUCE said it best!
Old 07-23-2002, 05:42 AM   #7
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

No.

The reason the truck editon was neato, is bc the bikes get TOWED by the HD product. That's workable, and a neat touch, especially with a custom trailer.

I certainly hope you wouldn't slap a trailer hitch onto your limited edition HARLEY COBRA. And this is not my personal jap bike bias...I think an Erion Racing Honda Civic with a 929/ RC51 motif on it would be just as stupid, if not WORSE bc of the lack of performance They just have NOTHING in common; hell, the Honda example would be more feasible...at least they share the same brand name.

I think the most revolting part of the American cruiser trend is the overpriced merchandise the yuppie type "Harleyers" eat up like candy...HD matching suitcases, HD tighty whiteys, whatever you'd like to imagine. I never see diehard euthusiasts buy into that lame scheme, and something as far fetched as a HD performance car would just add to the stupidity.
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2002, 09:12 AM   #8
kiku2sleep
Registered Member

Just what I have always wanted. I heavy car with very low HP, vibrates so bad parts fall off, handles like crap, breaks down so much it will spend half of it's time being trailered and the other half in the shop and the best part is I will get to pay twice as much just for the name. WoHooooo

What is the difference between a Harley and Vacuum Cleaner?

What do dogs and Harleys have in common?

Why do most Harley riders survive a fall from their bike and sustain no injuries?

-position of the dirt bag

-both like riding in the back of trucks

-cause it’s not that far to fall to the trailer

Muahahahhahaha.... I know I am going to get flamed from the Hardley guys so lets hear it. Go any sportbike jokes?
Old 07-23-2002, 09:45 AM   #9
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kick ***, kiku!!!
Old 07-23-2002, 02:14 PM   #10
PKRWUD

Quote:
Originally posted by kiku2sleep
Go any sportbike jokes?
LOL. To some of us, sportbikes are a joke, but hey, if that's what you're into, more power to you.

I have no desire to go down this road again, and see so many Mustang lovers jump on the rice bandwagon again. It became a bit much last year. I felt like I had stumbled into a Civic site.

There are pros and cons to both Harleys and rice rockets. It just depends on what you're into. I've owned both a 1974 Harley Shovelhead and a 1985 Honda VF1000R. The Honda broke down more often, cost more to fix, was very unreliable, and was way more uncomfortable to ride. I'm more into chrome and steel than plastic and decals. The Harley was so much nicer. It looked better, sounded better, was built better, was more reliable, more fun to detail and trick out, and most important, it was more fun to ride. I enjoy cruising on a motorcycle, not trying to become another statistic. The Honda sucked unless you were always on it, and that's not the way I like to ride a motorcycle, but that's just me.

It's more than just a name that makes Harley's an investment. You don't pay twice as much for the name, but if you ever decide to sell it, you will make your money back. I haven't seen a ricer hold it's value any farther than the first street off the showroom floor.

There unfortunately are now a whole new breed of rich urban bikers that have decided the only way to shake their boring lawyer and stock broker lifestyles is by buying a new Harley and having the shop customize it for them. These people give Harleys a bad name. So do the morons who don't know how to take care of their bike. They lend creedence to the broken down image you relish so much. But for every idiot Harley rider there's an idiot ricer. I can't speak for where you live, but around here, the Harleys are beautiful, and the ricers are duct taped. For the most part. This is a fairly Harley friendly community, though.

Anyway, you obviously enjoy all the things about motorcycle riding that I don't, and vise~versa. I guess it's a damn good thing there's choices.

Before you bash Harley's too much, you should take a V-Rod out for a test drive. It may not be the fastest bike on the road, but it's a lot more comfortable to ride. You can drive like a maniac if you want to, or you can cruise it. It's a little too ricey for me, but it's growing on me. I'm still surprised that Harley decided to build it. Liquid cooled, 115hp, fuel injected, DOHC, forged crank and 11.3:1 pistons, 4 valve heads, shifts at 9k rpm. That's just not my kind of Harley.

Peace.

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 07-23-2002, 02:27 PM   #11
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

No need to get defensive , this was a thread about a HD theme CAR, not bikes. There were some jokes, no biggie. I think the comment about sportbikes "being" jokes was actually the first comment to even border on inflammatory...I wouldn't have minded some good natured sportbike jokes, but its comments like yours that actually START the very road you speak of---
Old 07-23-2002, 03:02 PM   #12
PKRWUD

I know belle, you felt the same way last time. It's all a matter of perspective. I didn't attack sportbikes at all. My comments were very gentle, and framed repeatedly with the emphasis that whatever it is that you like is great for you. It was also based on personal experience rather than an unjust stereotype. Just like last year, I replied, but you saw it as throwing the first punch.

Like last year, that is not the case. I don't know why you are so sensitive about part of the population thinking sportbikes are jokes. Many think Harleys are, too. That's life. That comment was certainly less inflamatory than many of the comments and jokes that preceeded it, but like I said, it seems to have a lot to do with ones perspective.

PEACE

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 07-23-2002, 03:27 PM   #13
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

You also didn't understand my point last time, although I feel this is completely different. You complain about "going down the long road again" yet you center your long post COMPLETELY on the exact "street" you didn't want to travel on!

Yeah, I have no problem with jokes. I'll laugh at a sportbike/mustang/chick joke any day of the week. Your comment was the first actual (what I consider) verging on the point of a future, long winded debate, when we were just playing around. If your comment was your way of "cute playfulness", perhaps I simply don't understand your humor. I see a significant difference in women jokes vs women ARE jokes, Mustangs, minorities etc etc. Perhaps to you, its one and the same.

As for being concerned about your opinion, don't worry, I'm not. We have too many differences besides our choice of motorcycles and automobiles, right down to our very character, that makes me certain that we will never agree on many topics. I am still glad you are here, unlike some other people I argue with...you really provide assistance to MANY members of this board, including me.

As for others, I'm not worried about being stereotyped as a Mustang driver or a sportbiker rider...been there, done that. I just have a problem when you seem irritated that a possible, overplayed discussion could crop up again, yet you proceed to make sure you post your views all over again on the subject., when it pretty much seems that "pro sportbiker" people in this thread took abnormal pains to keep our opinions to a minimum.

Now that we have both fairly said our peace, feel free to open Pandora's box again. I, for one, count myself out.

Last edited by Mustangbelle306; 07-23-2002 at 03:43 PM..
Old 07-23-2002, 05:13 PM   #14
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

I re read that, and I don't think it conveys what I meant to say. Basically, I acknowledge that we see things differently, and I don't want to start another stupid thread about which bike is better, and why, or why not, etc etc.

I think that's one thing we can agree on

Belle
Old 07-24-2002, 02:43 AM   #15
0h n0 5.0
Registered Member

yea guys i jus loved the look of the f-150 Hd truck an thought, Man it would be bitchin to see a mustang with that kinda hooplah! I sure didn't mean to get ito a bike debate. i've never ridden anthing..(extept a schwinn) an i wanna learn to ride, but i gotta go with what i've seen an heard. too many wannabee "ruff ryders" around here blowin by my car doin 90+ through downtown scares me. i know i'm streotypin, but my bike is going to be strictly a fair weather thing, for cruisin. i've heard too many nutty stories about some idiot on a kawasaki losin it at 100mph... my uncle lost his leg when his harley slipped on him. (jus to be fair) the import bikes are too flashy to me, an jus dosen't appeal to my style which is all about history, an tradition.(why i drive mustang, an not an eclipse). I gotta go with PKRWD in that personally jus dig the old skool look, sound, an agressive stance that v-twin choppers have. the heavy metal, chrome v-twin bike BIKES are frikin more kick *** to me. them tearin away, shakin my window an i can hear them 3/4 of a mile away, is so more frickin BAD DASS!!! than some neon cold plastic crotch rocket. its not just speed with me, i'm after art, (see west coast choppers). history an tradition. too bad the one's in my price range are all crotch rockets.

as for HD bein more about the yuppies an suits nowadays, man its them bein a prestigious name, that drives the price up. their legendary.. an american icon..like Mustang. that name, brings images of power, style, tradition,.. its a beautiful thing really.

an it seem that the ol stereotype of the "biker" dies with suits aquiring the bikes, good for publicity i suppose. all i know is that a lot of the the rice rockets around here are driven by lil punk kids, coppin atiitudes, doin dumb stunts and are one dumb move from bein road rash. a lot of the harley guys i know, are kool, chill an willing to help out new riders.( my local HD dealership particulary, which means nothing I suppose i'm jus stereotypin dangerous riders, but the majority around here who screw up from doin somthin dumb are import sportbike riders).

speed is nice, but it ain't everything IMO
comfort, style, prestigous heritage come in a close second.

maybe i'm jus stuck in the past, an hate the neon, flashy future. ..i don't know..

i swear, sometimes i think i was born 40 years too late..:

1994 GT 5.0l
0h n0 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 03:00 AM   #16
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

well i miss my harley, im not into mad max, 190 mph down the highway, i was into the laid back, just crusing down the road, with the b. a. roar, got nothing against sport bike's at all, but! why are the import bikes trying so hard to copy the hd , look's - sound, heheh they will never get the thump! just a fact, no flames i dont even own a bike anymore, but when i did have my harley, i rode with anyone, kaw, honda etc, i didnt play the im a hd rider, your import bike suck's card. to me it was all about being in the wind, that's all.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 07:45 AM   #17
kiku2sleep
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PKRWUD

LOL. To some of us, sportbikes are a joke, but hey, if that's what you're into, more power to you.

I have no desire to go down this road again, and see so many Mustang lovers jump on the rice bandwagon again. It became a bit much last year. I felt like I had stumbled into a Civic site.

There are pros and cons to both Harleys and rice rockets. It just depends on what you're into. I've owned both a 1974 Harley Shovelhead and a 1985 Honda VF1000R. The Honda broke down more often, cost more to fix, was very unreliable, and was way more uncomfortable to ride. I'm more into chrome and steel than plastic and decals. The Harley was so much nicer. It looked better, sounded better, was built better, was more reliable, more fun to detail and trick out, and most important, it was more fun to ride. I enjoy cruising on a motorcycle, not trying to become another statistic. The Honda sucked unless you were always on it, and that's not the way I like to ride a motorcycle, but that's just me.

It's more than just a name that makes Harley's an investment. You don't pay twice as much for the name, but if you ever decide to sell it, you will make your money back. I haven't seen a ricer hold it's value any farther than the first street off the showroom floor.

There unfortunately are now a whole new breed of rich urban bikers that have decided the only way to shake their boring lawyer and stock broker lifestyles is by buying a new Harley and having the shop customize it for them. These people give Harleys a bad name. So do the morons who don't know how to take care of their bike. They lend creedence to the broken down image you relish so much. But for every idiot Harley rider there's an idiot ricer. I can't speak for where you live, but around here, the Harleys are beautiful, and the ricers are duct taped. For the most part. This is a fairly Harley friendly community, though.

Anyway, you obviously enjoy all the things about motorcycle riding that I don't, and vise~versa. I guess it's a damn good thing there's choices.

Before you bash Harley's too much, you should take a V-Rod out for a test drive. It may not be the fastest bike on the road, but it's a lot more comfortable to ride. You can drive like a maniac if you want to, or you can cruise it. It's a little too ricey for me, but it's growing on me. I'm still surprised that Harley decided to build it. Liquid cooled, 115hp, fuel injected, DOHC, forged crank and 11.3:1 pistons, 4 valve heads, shifts at 9k rpm. That's just not my kind of Harley.

Peace.

Take care,
~Chris
True, Harleys do hold their value. Harleys use older technology therefore they don’t get outdated the way sportbikes do. That is also what gives them the kick *** sound. A sport bike will never hold value like that because the technology moves to fast. Take a 1000 sportbike from 10yrs ago on a track against a modern 600 sportbike and the 600 will walk all over it. I am curious to see what the v-rod does on the dyno. It is good to see Harley is coming out with something that is up to date. I understand that most cruiser guys don’t really feel the need to haul *** and that is ok (good thing if you ever watched Harley race in the ama lol) I give a wave to all motorcyclists when I pass them. Regardless of bike/riding style, it is all about riding. I am more into the performance/racing aspect. And I think any bike enthusiast would be into racing even if that wasn’t the kind of riding they were into. Take bike week for example the real posers are on the strip trying to look cool why the real motorcycle enthusiast (sportbikes and cruisers) are at the track watching the races. I have respect for all bikes, but that will never stop me from talking trash. It is all in good fun. Besides if you heard stupid people that have never owned a bike ask “why didn’t you get a Harley” Nothing against Harley but that is like asking someone with a 03 cobra why they didn’t buy a Cadillac.
Old 07-24-2002, 08:54 AM   #18
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Quote:
Originally posted by 0h n0 5.0
i've never ridden anthing..(extept a schwinn) an i wanna learn to ride, but i gotta go with what i've seen an heard. too many wannabee "ruff ryders" around here blowin by my car doin 90+ through downtown scares me.

them tearin away, shakin my window an i can hear them 3/4 of a mile away, is so more frickin BAD DASS!!! than some neon cold plastic crotch rocket. its not just speed with me, i'm after art, (see west coast choppers). history an tradition. too bad the one's in my price range are all crotch rockets.

maybe i'm jus stuck in the past, an hate the neon, flashy future. ..i don't know..

i swear, sometimes i think i was born 40 years too late..:
Until you've ridden, don't make a decision so hastily...and yes, you're MAJORLY stereotyping with that "ruff ryda" junk.

Truthfully, I hate 90% of the sportbikers around here (resort area). These dorks ride with wifebeaters and shorts to the shore, park the bike, and then stand next to it to get *** from retarded beach chicks...but for every sportbiker I see NOT wearing gear, I see 2 cruiser guys, Harley AND Jap cruisers. Sure, they are at less "risk" because the speeds and acceleration are lower, but let's get real: HUMAN FLESH vs pavement at 65 mph is the SAME...you ever fall off that Schwinn? You can scrape your knees bloody falling off a BICYCLE...imagine a scoot at highway speeds...

Mmkay...a deafingly loud, bright Kandy colored WCC is NOT neon and flashy, but a blue Kawasaki with absolutely no chrome or decals is? I really think you need to look more into both types of bikes before you make your assumptions. I may argue with Chris over silly stuff, but he has at least ridden both bikes, undoubtably been around thousands more...and so bases his choices/opinions off of that. Same idea as your art comment. ART...is anything YOU want to make it. A piece of plastic hunk can be as pretty, or as ugly as a hunk of metal: all depends what you can do with it, and what you think is attractive.

As for age, sportbikes aren't THAT new...they've been around for a decent while, and older isn't necessarily better...look at Joan Rivers
Old 07-24-2002, 09:08 AM   #19
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Talking

For Chris and Oh No 5.0, in the name of good fun

(you'll get a kick outta this, I promise!)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aak.jpg (65.9 KB, 14 views)
Old 07-24-2002, 11:19 AM   #20
polara7777
Registered Member

Quote:
Really??? I know where a near stock $7000+ 79 Suzuki sits right now. I'd say it held it's value pretty well. Yes Harleys hold value but sports bikes also can hold value. It's a matter of picking the right one. I personally dis-like Harleys and most Harley riders. They are rude, ignorant, and arrogant. I won't say all Harley riders are like this but around here the majority of them are. I'm not trying to get into any argument about this but every time a Harley rider tries telling me a crotch rocket won't value it pisses me off. Had one try telling me that while I was on my dads $7000+ Suzuki. Oh REALLY??? But anyway, once again not trying to argue and your right most don't hold value but not all. My 2 cents
-67 Dodge Polara (383 punched 30, Heavy head work, Mopar Performance single plane intake, Holley 750, electric fuel pump, Holley regulator, .484 duration cam, FRIED bottom end!) DOH!!! Fried the #1 rod bearing. Stroker kit coming!
-01 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (Clear lenses, shaved fender, rear signals in the rear housing, baffles removed, Deals Gap dragon on the tail.)
polara7777 is offline   Reply With Quote