MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-05-2008, 10:23 AM   #41
jawsome
Registered Member

Default Re: Hate Cops?

If cops are so good why do they single people out?

I have not changed my driving habits in the past 6 years, I promise you. But last August I got a 75 dollar ticket from a Cop, it was 3AM and I was lost trying to find my way home, I just missed my turn and slowed down into the median for a short second because I was so lost and confused to where I was. I began moving again in a proper lane and notice a squad car behind me who followed me for a few seconds before turning on his lights pulling em over and writing me a ticket for improper lane usage.

I told the Cop he was a bad Cop and that a ticket like that should go to someone who is drunk not someone who is lost and he should be giving me directions and not a ticket.

The COP radioed for backup and said if I did not cooperate my the time they got there I would spend the night in jail.

He took my linsense and worte me a ticket. I ended up posting 75 dollar bond at the station to get my license back and figured it would never happen again

Ever since that ticket....if even the SLIGHTEST issue happened a cop would pull me over. My right tire crossed a solid white line on a right hand turn once, TICKET.

I got a bunch of other tickets for other things and now my DL is going to be suspended if I get one more and am found guilty.

I will never respect cops, and if I ever had the opportunity to screw one over I would take it. My opinion was completely different a year ago. But my friends ay that I have been a more cautious driver then ever and have even been present for more of my tickets and say that I am probably less reckless then ever and with the worst driving record ive ever had.

I dont know if that one cop blacklisted me or what. But I sware, if there is ever anything I can do to a cop and get away with it I will do it. Because that's what they did to me basically.

Last edited by jawsome; 06-05-2008 at 10:47 AM..
jawsome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 11:39 AM   #42
CobraJet428
Registered Member

Default Re: Hate Cops?

As cliche'd as I'm going to sound, there is good and bad everywhere and there are good and bad people everywhere and in most every profession/ walk of life. The police, like all other public sector employees work in a "fishbowl" in which they are subjected to the highest level of scrutiny. I do not envy them nor do I want their job. We good Americans, with the help of our media, tend to unjustly crucify our public servants, especially the police and teachers, and of course, it spills over into how we view elected officials as well. They're human and do wrong too, just like the rest of us. Sam Rutigliano, former coach of the Cleveland Browns said this; "There are 3 things every man in America thinks he can do better than anyone else: make love, be president, and coach a football team." I think we could safely add "be a cop" into that mix as far as the way our society views things.
Rice Haters Club Member #237
2007 Vista Blue Mustang GT Convertible w/black top and charcoal interior, 18-in. polished aluminum wheels.
1978 Ford F150 Ranger Longbed, 400M w/automatic and 2 fuel tanks...get the picture?
1993 Mustang GT Dark Blue/Grey 2-tone. Flowmaster Mufflers and blackouts on the headlights. RIP (10/31/99).
1968 Mustang 6 cyl/C4 automatic
1938 Ford Pickup, Flathead V8 (85HP) with granny 4-speed..a restoration work in progress.

Last edited by CobraJet428; 06-05-2008 at 03:08 PM.. Reason: Spelling error
CobraJet428 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: