MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-08-2002, 11:27 AM   #1
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Default Watch MTV tonight at 9:00 pm central.(street racing special)

I think it will make for an interesting discussion tomorrow.

The preview looked interesting and entertaining.

Later,
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2002, 12:27 PM   #2
DAN-MAN
Confederate Cowboy

I missed it. What happened? Who was on there? What'd they talk about?

Dan.

RHC MEMBER #25
DAN-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2002, 03:07 PM   #3
Hethj7
Mizzou Tigers

It comes on tonight (Thursday). "It" is an MTV show on street racing. Looks like it could be interesting, but I bet there is way to much rice in it.

1990 LX
GT-40 motor 262 horsepower, 307ft-lbs (sold but forever loved)

1998 Contour SVT

Rice Haters Club Member #244
Hethj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2002, 03:14 PM   #4
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

I envy the import guys. It is almost impossible to be accused of drag racing when you only trap 70mph in the 1/4.

They get to have all the fun.
Old 08-08-2002, 04:05 PM   #5
84LX89GT
Mustangs

Quote:
Originally posted by Dark_5.0
I envy the import guys. It is almost impossible to be accused of drag racing when you only trap 70mph in the 1/4.

They get to have all the fun.
LOL!!!! That is sooo true. I guess all they can get is reckless driving since the excessive negative camber of their suspension causes them to wander and veer unexpectedly all over the road.....it may also just be their racing "style".

1980 Ford Thunderbird - 255 V8
ported heads, 5.0L ported stock headers, O.R. H-pipe and Flowmaster 2-chambers, dual roller timing chain
hi-po Mack Truck hood emblem

1985 Mustang GT 5.0L T5, F-303, GT40p, headers, off-road h, flowmasters, MSD stuff, etc.

Sold 02/06/04
1989 Mustang GT ET: 13.304@102.29 mph (5-24-03)

Sold - 1998 Mustang Cobra coupe, 1/4 mile - street tires: 13.843@103.41 (bone stock)
84LX89GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2002, 06:58 PM   #6
LayanRubr
Registered Member

Going to watch with buds tonite to make fun of it Also (small town here) is doing a local story about the "scene, yo" in the town for drag racing. Not even drag racing really Oh well maybe I'll have some uncle bens rice tonite to better myself
Rice Hater's Club member #20
LayanRubr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2002, 08:29 PM   #7
Stang_Crazy
It's never clean enough!

It comes on in a half hour and I don't know if I'm going to watch it or not. I know if I don't watch it, I'll regret it and would wander just how bad they portrayed street racing...on the other hand, if I watch it, I know I'm going to be yelling at my T.V. and throwing things at it in frustration at what I am seeing. Should make for some VERY interesting and heated conversation.

89' GT : Taking up garage space and waiting for a buyer...

Rice Hater's Club - Member #11
Stang_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2002, 10:03 PM   #8
jj_jonathon
Trisket

what a JOKE....all crappy imports...erg! i was waiting for a 2003 cobra to roll through and kick all their asses! lol...

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Ricer Hater's Club Member #1/2 (30) http://www.ricehatersclub.com/
jj_jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2002, 10:15 PM   #9
Stang_Crazy
It's never clean enough!

Default oh jees

Well, I watched it and all I can say is that I have my 6-pack back now. I laughed so much throughout the show that it almost hurt. The guy "Greg" was the $hit with his Integra. Oh boy, it had 220 hp... and with nirtous it had 320 hp. And everyone thought he was the poop. That's too bad it kept breaking down on him

What about the cheesy police man. "People always ask, don't you have anything better to do? And our answer is...well, no we don't" And he had that little half smile/laugh going while he said that. It was funny to see the cops bust out the tape measure to measure the ride height of that one car. He got busted for all kinds of stuff. Hehe. And I didn't know that I needed the proper "papers" for my "modified" air intake. HAHA

That show was a GROSS display of what REAL racing is NOT about. Why were there like 500 kids standing around and only 1 or 2 races?? I can't wait to see how many cops are gonna be out in the next week because of this program.

The only good part of the show was the little 5 minute piece about how street racing was dangerous and how you might get hurt or even killed. But after that piece, they went back to showing more racing. Hmmm, wonder why they did that? Well that's all that I can rant for now...

89' GT : Taking up garage space and waiting for a buyer...

Rice Hater's Club - Member #11
Stang_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2002, 10:29 PM   #10
LayanRubr
Registered Member

Yeah, Stang_Crazy, your right. The police section was the only good part. The rest was all crap. It was just dumb Btw, for all who missed it they'll defintely show re-runs sometime during the day.
Rice Hater's Club member #20
LayanRubr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2002, 10:46 PM   #11
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

I actually enjoyed it and IMO this is what street racing is all about. Put up or shut up and put your money where your mouth is. Those import guys had more balls than most domestic guys I know. I thought that the 4 door integra was a reel sleeper.

Maybe I am just strange, but the seemed to be legit to me

Later,
Old 08-08-2002, 11:39 PM   #12
The Deuce
Registered Member

Going to have to look for it on the net, because I don't have cable. Unless somebody recorded it and wants to mail me a copy, hint hint.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2002, 11:48 PM   #13
jj_jonathon
Trisket

fast and the furious was just on hbo....man..everytime i see that charger pop that wheelie i get chills...hehe...its a wonderful reminder as to how great american muscle is....and all those damn ricers who "learned" from TFATF seem to always forget the ending......that supra was supposed to symbolize the faster import in the movie...yet without his nitrous he was nothing compared to the charger...booya! i love that car...

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Old 08-09-2002, 08:59 AM   #14
venumus93
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jj_jonathon
fast and the furious was just on hbo....man..everytime i see that charger pop that wheelie i get chills...hehe...its a wonderful reminder as to how great american muscle is....and all those damn ricers who "learned" from TFATF seem to always forget the ending......that supra was supposed to symbolize the faster import in the movie...yet without his nitrous he was nothing compared to the charger...booya! i love that car...
That show SUCKED last night! I would like to have seen some real street gatherings with tons of cars, etc, I guess.
Hey JJ: I'll be in Gainesville this weekend and may head out to the track Sat afternoon...you gonna be out there?
Take it easy & let me know!
later!

Sean
93Cobra#3974, 114K miles
3.55's, flo's, pullies, C&L
1/4: 13.985
60': 2.088 (street tires)
MPH: 99.58
venumus93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2002, 09:00 AM   #15
89 Cobra LX
Don Corlione

Default All of those cars were big POSs.

It was fairly entertaining. None of those cars was anything special.

Those cops were real jerk-offs. Did you see them trying to bust that kids balls for a cold air intake? I would've told the cop "Show me where it's illegal to have a different air filter and then you can tow my car. Otherwise, go find some thug-gang-banger-murderers and earn your pay tonight." I don't know, those pigs really rubbed me the wrong way. That one dude was like "maybe if I wink at her she'll let me off". Hilarious.

Did anyone see the white 95 GT convertable that was split in half from a wreck? They showed a couple of pictures of it. Ouch.
5 speed 302-Cobra Intake-GT40p heads-TFS stage 1 cam-FRPP 1.6 roller rockers-3:73 gears-KYB shocks and struts-Eibach Pro-kit-HPM Mega-bite upper and lower control arms-FRPP aluminum driveshaft-16x8 Chrome Cobra Rs

R.H.C. #14
89 Cobra LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2002, 09:31 AM   #16
Coupe Devil

Im glad the show came on and protrayed street racing the way it did... Think about this folks.. The entire show was import this, import that, visor's turned around backwards and upside down, saggin pants " Yo dog " BULLSHEOT. Now, we all know that we dont like to see this. However, as the comment was made earlier the cops ( the ones that seen this show ) are going to start cracking down on these " Modified Cars " Now, we also know that a true Stanger will mod his or her car for performance first and looks later.. So while these cops are busting these rice mobiles with body kits, huge wings and huge wheels and a lowered non-performance oriented stance, we will be driving by in our CLOSE (maybe wheels and a cowl hood) to stock appearing Mustangs. I for one am glad that the majority of the show wasnt about Domestic power.

When a television show comes on about Performance Domestic Cars, its is almost all of the time a Documentary. With highlights from manufacturers, owners etc. and a focus on an over all performance of the vehicle, whether it be a classic Boss 302 or a new Camaro.

The typical " Ricer " image was futher ground into the eyes of every Police officer in America last night that watched the show. Now when a police officer sees a Mustang, Camaro, or the like of a performance car on the street, next to a riced out Civic, Integra or the like, Which do you HONESTLY think he would be more apt to pull over. Take into consideration that the night before he had watched the Rice show on MTV and then switched over to the Discovery Channel and seen a Documentary on the history of performance cars in America. Seeing, stupid KIDS all acting like hoodlums, or watching Performance car owners talking about the breed, and the love of the. .I know which I would pull over..Sorry for the long rant. Just needed to clear some things up

Bradley

Built Ford Tough Moderator
Coupe Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2002, 09:36 AM   #17
302 LX Eric
or '331 LX Eric'

I sat on the couch, drank a few beers and just shook my head during most of it.

Oh, where do I start...

Near the beginning, I don't know if anyone else picked up on this, but the guy with the Japanese VTEC whatever right-sided driver setup deal-E-O stated that he has about $60,000 in the car. I about fell off the couch and spilled my beer. Don't worry, I didn't spill the beer.

$60,000 for a 220 HP 4-banger...........ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?! The F-ing thing wouldn't even start, then on top of that he blew up the ultra-high tech Japanese motor. Absolutely some of the best entertainment I've seen on TV in a while.

There was another snipet where I think it was the guy with the 4-door Integra was talking about how he crosses the finish line "at like 110 mph." All I was thinking is that they must have been racing the 1 mile, instead of the quarter mile.

The other thing that really struck me as funny was the 'Transmission Graveyard." I've never seen so many busted tranny's - and I thought the T5's were weak...

All in all it was some good entertainment. The banter amongest the racers was probably the best part.

Oh, and Will never got his $500, maybe that was the best part.

E

331 cu. in. / Tremec 3550 / BFG Drag Radials

12.22 @ 114.31 mph - w/1.89 60'
302 LX Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2002, 11:00 AM   #18
induction
The Brit!

Did all of you miss the show B-4 True Life? It was called flipped, and I feel it was very well done.
April Mare of the Month RiceHatersClub Member #27
induction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2002, 11:52 AM   #19
jj_jonathon
Trisket

Default Re: All of those cars were big POSs.

Quote:
Originally posted by 89 Cobra LX
It was fairly entertaining. None of those cars was anything special.

Those cops were real jerk-offs. Did you see them trying to bust that kids balls for a cold air intake? I would've told the cop "Show me where it's illegal to have a different air filter and then you can tow my car. Otherwise, go find some thug-gang-banger-murderers and earn your pay tonight." I don't know, those pigs really rubbed me the wrong way. That one dude was like "maybe if I wink at her she'll let me off". Hilarious.

Did anyone see the white 95 GT convertable that was split in half from a wreck? They showed a couple of pictures of it. Ouch.
i think the air intake cant be modified in cali....i dunno though....theyre strict about smog crap....i guess someone from cali would have to inform us....?

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics

Old 08-09-2002, 12:39 PM   #20
induction
The Brit!

Default Smog device law

If your in Cali ya cant touch the smog devices ! Everything says " for off road use only" Down to the fart cans. Hey PKRWUD whats the cutoff point 1972 ?
April Mare of the Month RiceHatersClub Member #27
induction is offline   Reply With Quote