MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-25-2005, 01:44 PM   #1
Jenns05Stang
Registered Member

Talking Hello Everyone!

Hi ya Folks...

Long time no see. I was just popping in to see how the MW Family has been doing. It's nice to see Christine (Topless in TX) Rev and a few others still around.

I'm catching up on the threads and the car/life changes that have occurred in the last.. hmmm.. 2 years? Time flys....

A lot has changed with me...for the better, in both life and attitude....Nice to meet you all again and I can't wait to hear from you guys and gals....

Have a beautiful day and I'll check back later.

Jennifer
Jenns05Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 09:17 PM   #2
Mustang1982
Registered Member

Default Re: Hello Everyone!

I have seen countless pictures and spex on the new 2005 Mustang. I just have 1 question. How she handle? =)
Mustang1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 10:50 PM   #3
Jenns05Stang
Registered Member

Hi Mustang1982,

This is a mean little monster. With the new chassis design, redesigned rear axle and new engine platform it handles great. I actually have to admit that HE is a better daily driver than my 03 GT was. The 05 has less spastic rear end hop in road transitions and during hard cornering. (I am trying my hand at Drift Racing these days... Just Joking...)

I have owned 3 generations of the Mustang (98 V-6/03 GT and now this little demon) and I feel that he may be a keeper. (hmmm.. yeah right... give me a year... LOL)... There is not a lot that Ford can do to "Wow" me out of this little guy. It fits my lifestyle and still gives me a nice little rush when needed. I am addicted to these darn things, unfortunatley, I have not located a Chapter of Mustangers Annonymous! LOL... Unless I get ahold of an 05 Saleen or a "Master Jack" Stage 3...I will have this one for a little while.

Have a nice evening and good to talk to ya'
Jennifer
Old 02-27-2005, 10:05 AM   #4
Mustang1982
Registered Member

Im glad to hear that you love your new baby. Im not a fan eof the newer mustangs only because i cant work on them due to the electronics. So i figure I would stick with the older ones. I have to admit though the new style of the new mustang is very nice. Im actually a bit jelous but hey...we cant all have the new stuff. Well im at work so i better get fixing these snowblowers. Thanks for the chat Jennifer.

- Joey
Old 02-27-2005, 05:34 PM   #5
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang1982
Im glad to hear that you love your new baby. Im not a fan eof the newer mustangs only because i cant work on them due to the electronics. So i figure I would stick with the older ones. I have to admit though the new style of the new mustang is very nice. Im actually a bit jelous but hey...we cant all have the new stuff. Well im at work so i better get fixing these snowblowers. Thanks for the chat Jennifer.

- Joey
what do you mean you cant work on them? SCT already cracked the computer
1987 Toyota Pickup
Ricer Haters Club Member #33

Want a custom gauge cluster for your Vintage Mustang?
www.jmeenterprises.com
MidNiteBlu 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 10:38 PM   #6
Orange97GTVert
Mustang Fanatic

Love your 05, I would love to get one but I haven't figured out how to get a new one and keep my 97 Vert. My wife and son drove an 05 V6 yesterday with a 5 speed and he said it ran good as his 98 GT, he was impressed.

1997 Mustang GT Convertible, 4.6L Auto, Autumn Orange w/Saddle Tan Top & Leather Interior, Styling Bar, 17 X 9 Polished Cobra R's on Nitto NT 555's, Ford Racing Bullitt Suspension package, Mac CAI, Steeda UDP's, Flowmaster 40 Series Catback, SCT X-Calibrator II, Zaino Shine, 7 time Show Winner, driven daily
Orange97GTVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 10:56 PM   #7
Jenns05Stang
Registered Member

Harold,

Your son is a wise young man.... I can understand your love of the 97 vert. When I got my 03 GT, I paid cash and had a cash paid 98 V-6 already in the "stable". It was a nice thing to have two poines in the stable... LOL.... Unfortunately, my mom had a major stroke and I got rid of both of them to take care of her and get her rehabilitated. I had a 9 month period of driving a 03 Mitsubishi Galant.. Having a car payment is a new thing for me. I have always tried to pay cash for the cars. But, heck! Since my dad's death in 1996 at 55 and now my mom's stroke at 61, I have realized that you only live once and time is of the essence. I gave it all away for my mama and I guess somehow it came back to me three fold! I am blessed, Sir. I really am.

So, although I am in the financial planning field and have retirement plans shoved down my throat daily. I have thrown caution to the wind and learned to be responsible enough to plan for my and my son's future, but live in the moment and to be able to die with no regrets!

If you want one bad enough, Harold, wait 9-10 months and see where the prices are. If you want one as bad as I wanted this little demon..You can do it!... Patience I have learned is an absolute virtue..

Have a nice evening....
Jennifer
Old 02-27-2005, 11:32 PM   #8
Mustang1982
Registered Member

What are the prices on the new mustangs 35 -40 k?

-Joey
Old 02-28-2005, 12:01 AM   #9
Jenns05Stang
Registered Member

Hi Joey,

Nah..... for the bases prices before Bling add-on in the V-6 Deluxe is about $19,500 and Premium $19,995 + Destination Charge of $600... I live in an area of California where Dealer Mark-up is a way of life..

The GT is approximatley $25,000 and $26,500 respectivley... Can't get a better bang for your buck in new cars. The other cars running in the HP/TQ ranges are easily where you thought... But, Ford is the classic cost container, with the rear axle set-up and mostly functional interior. When you buy a Mustang, you are pretty much buying the engineering and not the non-functional bling-bling.

I'm okay with that. I rarely have a need for leather in 115 California sun and I have Rand-McNally Maps in the glove box, so a GPS is really unnecessary. I listen to my engine more than the stereo, so I have little need for anything more than a CD player and 4 speakers.. I am not impressed with Bling, until we start talking about AMG Mercedes-Benzes.. LOL

Jennifer

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: