MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-23-2005, 10:35 AM   #1
mudchucker
Registered Member

Default Help book?

Do any of you guys know of a book other than a haynes or chiltons manual that explains in good detail the rebuilding of an engine. Even more specifically what mods can and should be done together. Installing a cam, replacing valves, and that kind fo stuff? Man, i am just full of questions lately. It is getting dangerously close to the time i tear the engine down and i would like things to go as smooth as possible.

Thanks
mudchucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 07:25 PM   #2
mustangII460
Factoy Five Roadster

Default Re: Help book?

Go to Barnes & Noble.

I bought a "Hot Rod" The best of. High performance small block FORD engines book. It covers alot of stuff. Great book.

Theres also ones on fuel injection etc.

I had always used Ford shop manuals. No need for that unless you have access to them.

There are alot of very important steps in a rebuild. Makes zero sense to tear down a motor just to slap bearings in and put back together.

Resize EVERYTHING or get new stuff. Assemble and check, disasemble and check, final assemble.

My first motor I used mics, now plastic gauge. My first motor went 80k miles, it was a cleveland motor with a heavy footed teenager.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: