MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-02-2006, 12:20 AM   #1
NiceGuy
Registered Member

Default Help! Looking for Insurance!

good day guys!

I’m new here, i don't know which category i'm going to post. i'm shopping around for insurance and hoping I can get opinions from everybody here about which ones to avoid and which ones you have had a good experience with. somehow i was able to check http://www.insurancepaylite.com they have a couple of insurance company I was quoted for some price. the cost is good but still i need your suggestions to help me more to have an idea and choice to compare...
thank you so much...
NiceGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 04:10 PM   #2
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Lightbulb Re: Help! Looking for Insurance!

Progressive and GEICO are popular auto insurance companies. Progressive used to only handle high-risk drivers but they are open to anyone, now.

When buying auto insurance, unless you are desperate, a company's claim service needs to be considered as well as their price. My wife works for The Hartford and we get our auto insurance through them at a discount so I don't know if they are competitive with other companies - but they have excellent claim service. Whether that is due to the fact that my wife works there is open to question as she knows how to deal with seemingly intractable insurance company representatives, as she was one
, once (she's a supervisor, now).
Old 08-04-2006, 12:26 AM   #3
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Default Re: Help! Looking for Insurance!

A lot will depend on where you live, what you drive, and how you want to insure it.

Progressive is the company I go through, and I have no complaints. Their rates seem to be very good, especially for risk categories. That being said, I've talked to body shop managers indicating that they've filed class action lawsuits against Progressive for non-payment or delayed payment on claims. One of the shops went so far as to tell me that they won't perform work on a car covered by Progressive unless the owner pays up front.

GEICO is probably the most expensive insurance company available in Minnesota anyway. They've consistently been 50%-100% more expensive than other quotes I've gotten in the past 5 years. I have no idea about their service because their rates were so ridiculous.

I've had experiences with Allstate as well. I liked the service I got through Allstate and my Allstate agent, but their rates continued to climb forcing a change due to my cost-benefit analysis.

From my family, friends and co-workers dealings with State Farm, it would seem to be a hit and miss situation. If you have a good agent, you may get decent service. If you don't, you'll get the shaft. I simply won't use them because of the way they were (maybe still are) reviewing and denying medical claims. Extremely shady.

My thoughts are to stick with a property and casualty specialty company like Allstate, Farmers, State Farm or Progressive which will offer you better rates and less fluctation. I like Progressive because they don't really handle anything but auto insurance, which means that they don't gouge your auto insurance rates when a hurricane hits Florida.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 12:47 AM   #4
Mysticowner
Registered Member

Are you now or in the past Military?? If so I can tell you were you can get great insurance. I have 06' F-150 f/c...96' Mystic Cobra f/c...69' 428 Cobrajet..liability and antique/c and 91' Mustang GT..CA liability only/c and I only pay $162 a month and that is with 1 no fault accident (my husband) and me having a suspension. I can't beat that no where.
Mysticowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 01:49 PM   #5
Harry
Registered Member

My advise would be to find an independant insurance agent and see what they can do for you. They have the ability to cost out several companies and find the best price for you. If you go with Allstate or one of those, you can only buy their products. I have been insured by several very small insurance companies in the last 10 or so years, but they have always done well for me when I needed them. I think the trick is just to find a good agent that will watch out for you.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:47 PM   #6
Mysticowner
Registered Member

I also agree with HARRY...I to have been covered under small ins companies and they are better in my opinion.The bigger and more well known companies the more money you dish out.
Mysticowner is offline   Reply With Quote