MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Blue Oval Lounge (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   $$$$Help me out here$$$$ (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=33016)

HotRoddin 01-11-2003 01:46 AM

$$$$Help me out here$$$$

Need to get rid of an engine and i have no idea what to ask for it. My son's car that we are in the process of building up has a 66 289 in it (which has to go to make room for the big boy :) ) . Its basically stock other than a Weiand stealth manifold with a Holley 4 bbl. When we bought the car the guy said motor had about 10,000 miles since complete rebuild. My son has put on about another 7,000 miles since then. Engine runs like a watch and seems nice and tight ... it maintains 75 lbs of oil pressure when fully warmed up on the hottest of days. My question is how much???Got a couple of people that might want to buy it and i have no idea what to ask for it ???? Help me out here ... how much is it worth ?

Mach 1 01-11-2003 05:21 AM

whatever someone is willing to pay for it.

Good question, but I would guess around a few hundred dollars.

JaxTheDJ 01-11-2003 06:57 AM

A completely stock 289 around here goes for between 250 and 500 bucks,add or subtract the extras at about 50% of original cost if you sell it as is. I would start at 600 and give them a "deal" at 450 or 500.

PKRWUD 01-11-2003 11:25 AM

I'll give you $150 if you deliver it, $75 if I have to pick it up.

:)

Take care,
~Chris

HotRoddin 01-11-2003 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by PKRWUD
I'll give you $150 if you deliver it, $75 if I have to pick it up.

:)

Take care,
~Chris

Well now at least i know not to try and sell it in Ventura !! lol
:rolleyes:
Why this things worth a fortune ... see the C6 on the casting number ... that means its one of only ahhhhh 6 C blocks made ...yeah thats it ..thats the ticket, 6 made ...and it was out of ahhhhh Caroll Shelby's personal daily driver Mustang ...yeah his personal Mustang .... and it was ahhhh officially the fastest car in the whole LA area in all of 1966 ... yeah thats it , in alllllll of 1966 !!! Why this engine in its glory put out 2500 HP !! yeah 2500 !!! Why i shouldn't let this baby go for anything less than 5 grand but i'm willing to let it slip through my fingers for ahhhhh 400 bucks ... yeah a mere 400 ..... Why i'll even throw in some one of a kind racing stickers ........... for an extra 100 :p ;)

jj_jonathon 01-11-2003 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by HotRoddin
Well now at least i know not to try and sell it in Ventura !! lol
:rolleyes:
Why this things worth a fortune ... see the C6 on the casting number ... that means its one of only ahhhhh 6 C blocks made ...yeah thats it ..thats the ticket, 6 made ...and it was out of ahhhhh Caroll Shelby's personal daily driver Mustang ...yeah his personal Mustang .... and it was ahhhh officially the fastest car in the whole LA area in all of 1966 ... yeah thats it , in alllllll of 1966 !!! Why this engine in its glory put out 2500 HP !! yeah 2500 !!! Why i shouldn't let this baby go for anything less than 5 grand but i'm willing to let it slip through my fingers for ahhhhh 400 bucks ... yeah a mere 400 ..... Why i'll even throw in some one of a kind racing stickers ........... for an extra 100 :p ;)

lol..as long as you put APC all over it, someone would believe that...