MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-01-2001, 11:56 AM   #1
srv1
Get down.....

Post hey blue oval lounge.........

i guess this is my new home. wanted to say thanks for the people who helped me out on the E or B cam situation.

question: has anyone converted to five lug on the fox body? if so, what did you do and why? i ask this cause, i recently did the 5 lug conversion on mine, but eh wheels i had, 99 cobra's, didnt fit. the rear i used ranger axles/drums, no prob. the front used 89 Mark 7 rotors. here lies the problem. the hub height is too tall for these wheels. i was told i have to convert to 94-95 spindles and brakes, cause of the hub design. i heard that 96-98 spindles stick out 1/4 to 1/2" wider than those of the the 94-95. this contributes to the problem of wheel lip clearance on the fox bodies in the front. if i do go this route(most likely i will), i will convert to Lincoln rear disc and 94-95 front Cobra brakes. i need all the help i can get! thanks....srv1

------------------------
90 LX Black on Black
Flowbabies, h pipe, Mac unequal shorties, Motorsport springs, subframes, Hurst, MSD coil, K&N, 3.55's, and my 99 Cobra's sitting in the garage
srv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2001, 01:42 PM   #2
Power
Registered Member

Hey bro, try posting this in the Windsor Power forum. It covers the technical side of your car while the BOL here is more just a hangout and BS area.

good luck....
Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2001, 02:04 PM   #3
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Question

The Fox body is pretty hairy to fit 17 inch wheels up front. There are some people who've done it, obviously, but they usually rub at full steering lock. Is that the problem you are having?

I have 16" 99GT wheels with 85 Mark VII rotors and everything fits fine. If you drop the hub down, you'll make the front of the car sit higher than the back of the car.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2001, 04:07 PM   #4
mustang marty gt

i know this has nothing to do with 5 lug conv but do you know where i can get door window weather striping for a mark 7 a freind of mine in boston mass needs some really bad it's all he lack's for his restro price for new 400$ per door -crazy any help would be welcome thanks.

------------------