MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-07-2001, 12:35 AM   #1
NOSstang89
Registered Member

Question Adding Flames

I've got a new cowl hood coming in, and a buddy has offered to have his brother's body shop paint the hood and add flames to the car. The paint on the car is original and is in excellent shape. What is the proper way to add flames to an already good paint job, and where can I get some ideas for flame color / design? The car is a '92 LX Hatchback is Deep Emerald Green Metallic clearcoat.

Can he get the body color directly from Ford so it will match exactly? Also, for the color of the flames, I was thinking a solid green that's a little darker than the body color, with the tips outlined in silver. I don't want anything TOO wild, but I want it to be a little more noticeable than ghost flames would be. All tips are appreciated!

------------------
'92LX hatch, 302 w/TFS Street Heats, Performer RPM intake, Crane cam .499/.510, Crower 1.6rr, 70mmTB/EGR, Pro-M 75mm Maf, SVO 30lb injectors, BBK underdrive pullies, 190lph intank pump, BBK short headers, MAC 2.5" off road X pipe, FMS King Cobra clutch, 3.73 gears, SVO upper arms, HPM Megabite Jr. lowers, Moser forged axles, lakewood driveshaft loop, air pump removed
NOSstang89 is offline   Reply With Quote