MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-20-2002, 05:10 PM   #1
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

Default The best part is the ride home from work!

Well I got off work today and I was driving home minding my own business (it's only like a 5 minute drive home I make it in like 2 1/2 ) Well I see this CRX that looks alot like the guy I'm going to race so he turns into my subdivision so I turn obviously and he goes into this plaza so I pull it. His g/f gets out (mitty fine lookin' may I add) and I get out of my car and I can see him lookin' and he's like ohh **** that isn't your car is it. I'm like yeh it is, and he would hardly say anything, his car was on now and I'm like I hear no supercharger, so anyway his g/f gets back in the car I get in mine and we pull out to a straight road and I get beside him his weak *** is trying to step on it. (this thing was goin no where lol) he moves over I get beside him down shift and gun it, I was gone. I don't know if he was racing or not but I was way out of sight, I look in my rear-view mirror and see this 5.0L conv coming up so he pulls upbeside me coments me on my car I do the same. So light turns green I take off he takes off and we're flying didn't have time to get side by side race but I had abit on him at times. I slow down in traffic and wait for the guy in the CRX to catch up and I'm like I live way back there so we'll race for real sometime and turn around and go home. So now another light waiting to turn left and I see a Mustang GT (I thought was stock cause I was a car back) so he turns out and takes off real quick so I turn out the car moves over and I chase after him, I get beside him at a light, this thing is crazy! It was Supercharged (for real this time. lol I could hear it) and had a crazy cowl hood, it was weird looking on though and a few decals and everything. He said he would race me but had a kid in the car with him and I respected that of course, he said he got caught up here doing 183km in a 60km zone. Eek! Said that wasn't pretty but he seemed like a cool guy.

That was my ride home....
§am.
Ohh.. and when my parents asked why it took a half-n-hour to get home I said I had to finish up some last minute work.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 08:56 PM   #2
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

LOL cool!! I love rides home like that!
Old 08-20-2002, 09:03 PM   #3
Stang_Crazy
It's never clean enough!

But you were really finishing up some work...some work on that CRX. haha. Gotta love Takin Care of Business. A little T.C.B.

89' GT : Taking up garage space and waiting for a buyer...

Rice Hater's Club - Member #11
Stang_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 09:32 PM   #4
RBatson
Registered Member

The subject of this post made me think back to something I told a coworker, years ago. Driving my stang home was the high light of my day, it really was. I haven't driven the stang since Feb. I guess I need to hold on to it and take it for a drive. Maybe one day we will meet at a light.

Thanks for such a cool post and I can see you showed that crx 'whats up'.
RBatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 10:07 PM   #5
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

I was taking care of business though, Can't wait tell I see him again, + the car should be going in for a intake, new carb, ignition and distributor cap. I'm expecting HUGE improvement cause my carb has a hole in the tb right now and is running like **** from what the mechanic at the performance shop says, and I find it fast and fun as hell. =)

I just need some good tires after this,
§am.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2002, 09:22 AM   #6
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

What kind of intake are you putting on it? And is it the stock carb that you're rebuilding or an aftermarket? Are you going with an electronic ignition or just replacing the originals? Any other mods?

Sorry for all the questions, just have to see what the other yellow '69 Fastbacks have, ya know....hehe....
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote