MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Small Ponies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-17-2000, 09:26 PM   #1
Pastor Robert
Registered Member

Post New Mustang owner needs input

I'm a Ford convert from Chevy having purchased my first 2000 Mustang. It's one of those mid-life crisis things. : )

Anyway, it has the 3.8 V-6 with a five speed. It runs like a scalded cat, but the idle is rough. Also, the RPMs increase slightly (200-300) between shifts. The folks at Ford have told me this is normal for the V-6. Can anyone confirm this or share with me if this is not true?

Another "odd" thing is the transmission. It is hard to shift sometimes, as though the clutch hasn't fully disengaged. The folks at Ford called this "bump-shift" and said it was "normal." I have never heard this term before, and since this is my first Ford I don't know what is normal. I would greatly appreciate any input anyone can give concerning these things.

One last thing I'd like to ask are ideas (simple bolt-ons) to improve performance. The car runs great, but I want to get an edge on the V-6 Camaro owners. I may be a minister, but that doesn't mean I don't feel the need for speed. : )

Thanks a bunch,

Pastor Robert
Minister12@juno.com
Pastor Robert is offline   Reply With Quote