MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-13-2002, 07:46 PM   #1
crewzin
Registered Member

Default Hot August Nights part 2

Damm that was fun! For those who missed it, you really got left out. We had twice the amount of cars this year show up and the parade of show cars went for about 3 miles long on Sat.
Thanks for you guys that showed up, we had a good time.Christine and her crew from over Houston way
We got a chance to take out the SCJ for a run or two Fri, Sat, and Sun. Even run 347MOM at a couple of red lights. Of course she had the advantage. Hell I bet we could have sold the car 10 different times over the course of the weekend. I was really fun to meet all the people who come out to see cars they grew up around and tell stories about the old days and to ride in a couple of the oldies. Especially Sonnys blown 900hp 55 Chevy with the 502. That alone made my weekend. We didnt make it out to the street style drags Sunday but I heard it was ruled by a 85 Stang.
Well maybe more of ya can make it out to the party next year. Later guys.
crewzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2002, 10:27 PM   #2
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Thumbs up WE HAD A BLAST!!!

OMG WE HAD A FRIGIN' BLAST! IT WAS INCREDIBLE! YOU WOULD NOT believe the amount of cars! It was great. The line stretched sooooo long, I took 347 w/ me and we only went out for 2 separate 'runs' (or crawls!) As usual, it was GREAT To see her and Crewzin...they are way too cool! His Mach is VERY NICE! (so, why didn't you let me take her for a spin? ) hehehe
We stayed later t his year, till about midnight. Didnt get many pics. Just a few. 347 and Crewzin got the best pics I think...I'm sure she'll post them soon!
The show was HUGE! Their cars looked GREAT! I brought my blender, and we had Margaritas for the weekend(along w/ some Tequiza) NO Russians this time!
What blew our minds the most was of corse, the later it got the crazier it got....IVE NEVER SEEN SO MANY TRUCKS DO BURNOUTS!!!! Burnout Central was across the street, practically in front of us...there was a DUELLY pulling a TRAILER BBQ Pit and he did a burn out!!!!!! It was AWESOME! Ive never seen so many hopped up trucks...saw some "intersting" rides too! And some, that you couldn't help but laugh at! Someone got a ticket right in front of us, but at least the cops didn't run over anyone this time!
We didn't show cuz we wanted to beat the crowd and make it to Winnie to eat at Al'Tees for thier Sunday Buffet.....YUMMY! Trophies werent till later Sunday afternoon. Home cooking. IF ya'll EVER are around Winnie, you gotta eat there! Cajun cooking at its FINEST! And VERY casual!
I was given the wrong hotel to book at, but it turned out great! They had a discount for everyone that was there for H.A.N. AND they had a separate area under our room windows roped off for us! With 24 hour security! It was great! Our rooms were VERY nice too!
I"m sure that if schedules permit, we will go back for the November Cruise...if you are in the area, you HAVE to go...Its unlike anything we've expierienced before!

Something to put on your calendars!!!!
TNT

Thanks Heather and Jayson! We had a GREAT time! As usual! Ya'll are the best!

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2002, 07:56 AM   #3
cyberstang5.0
347ci of HORSE POWER!!!

I wish I could of gone Maybe next year...

I'm still planning on going to Ennis with yall.
cyberstang5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2002, 06:24 PM   #4
cad614

I hate that I wasn't able to make it there, I ended up only being an hour away. I helped my dad take my little brother's truck to Houston, but the 2 blowouts on the trailer made our drive down a bit longer than we had planned. I had planned to head over to Beaumont, but after 8 hours on the road, and knowing I had to drive another 8 Sunday, I didn't really feel up to it.

I will make Ennis, and hopefully I'll have some friends in tow.

'95 GT Convertible
cad614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2002, 08:14 PM   #5
347MOM
Registered Member

Well like always Christine it is GREAT to see ya'll again. I do have pictures but I will have to put them on later. Mike and Jeff I wish that you all could have made it out this time but next time should be even better. Christine I will find out when the dates are for Nov. so we can work out something on those rooms!!! Christine and I went out on a drive in Topless we sat a one red light for about 15 minutes the traffic was so back up for all the cars that were out there!!!! We had the best spot for burnouts like Christine said they were mainly trucks. Jason got to take his car out, she looked good and of course we raced going home!!!!! My car finally got put together I thought that I could live without her this weekend and Jason was right I would have been upset not having her running so Jason and I worked hard to get her going and it worked Friday we started her I was HAPPY!!!!!! I will post some pictures tomorrow when I get the camera from Jason!!!!!

Girls can too's August "Mare of the Month"
347MOM is offline   Reply With Quote