MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-15-2001, 05:40 PM   #1
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Angry Cincinnati Composites pissed me off today (I need quick help, please).

---if you don't wanna read all the details, please just answer the questions below. Thanks.---

Man, they gotta get someone who has some social skills to answer the phone. The reason I am writing this is to for the last time, verify the credibility of CC.

Today, I try the WHOLE ******* day to contact CC so I could purchase a 4" cowl induction hood ('79). I made at least 20 separate calls throughout the whole day and could not get through (kept getting the stupid answering machine that said everybody was busy-- DOING WHAT?!!).

If that wasn't bad enough, when I finally get through at ~4:30 (EST), I get this cold, indifferent woman on the phone, who sounds like she didn't want to talk to me at all. Like she was annoyed with me and didn't want to answer my stupid questions-- not friendly at all.
SORRY, but the way I am, I want to make SURE I know what I'm getting b4 I give them my $$.

I really felt uncomfortable talking to her and became frustrated and almost angry. I had my credit card in my hand ready to make my order, but decided, "Screw it, I'll call back tomorrow". I told her, "Mam, I've been trying to call the whole day and only just now could get through, is there a better time during the day I can call tomorrow cause I'll order it tomorrow." She says, whatever time is okay (like she was just bored as heck with me, as if she really wanted to get off the phone and go to sleep), yeah I hope it is not as "okay" as it was today.

If I get that same woman again tomorrow, I will ask to speak with someone else. If that doesn't work, I will ask her all the same questions again tomorrow.

1) What I need to know is if this has happened to anyone else or if you have always been treated well by someone at CC who is friendly to the customers?

2) The quality of their hoods is good, right? Do they get the orders right the first time? You receive your order in a week or less?

3) The partial inner hoods are completely bolt on right? and there is nothing wrong with having a partial inner hood? It would actually be lighter than the full inner, but just as durable, correct?

I guarantee you, I am not a overly-sensitive person, this just didn't feel right, really. I won't be as nice tomorrow as I was today if the same thing happens again.

Thanks for helping me out here.

-----------------------------------------
351W-powered 1979 Ford Mustang notchback
Stock 5.8L under custom made 4" cowl, C4 w/ shift kit
Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake
1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, Al driveshaft
2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters
Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 255/60/15 Eagle GT II
Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s
14 x 4” K&N air filter. Only a couple of weeks b4 Project FOX begins!!!

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2001, 06:54 PM   #2
429mustang
Registered Member

I was going to get one of their full length hoods for my 86 mustang, their one of the few companies that make the full length hood for my year car. Now I'd never get anything through them. I called CC last week and talked to the same ******* your talking about. She gave me half-assed answers and didn't seem like she wanted to talk to me. I'm not sure why she works there, every time I asked her a question she had to ask someone else about it before she could answer me, why don't they have the people with the answers answering phones. I checked out a topic on stangnet.com and under the windsor section of this site about Cincinnati Copmposites and have heard nothing but bad things about them. Anyone who bought one of their hoods said they spent a day or two sanding out the uneven spots before they could paint it. If you plan on buying a hood from them and live within driving distance I'd at least go there and pick one out yourself to make sure you get the best one possible.

------------------
86 Mustang GT w/pretty stock 93 5.0 (e-cam,pulleys,injectors, throttlebody,h-pipe,headers) Swapping out the 302 for a 514 stroker(was a 429)-cobrajet heads, solid roller cam, victor intake, TKO II trans, 3.73's w/axles&c-clip eliminaters.
429mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2001, 07:36 PM   #3
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Question

Thanks for your input 429mustang.

I need more, guys.

I really don't want to turn this into a post that defames a mustang aftermarket company, but I need this info 'cause this affects me directly since I planned on (not so much anymore) getting a hood from them. I have heard a few times though that their quality has improved-- I don't know, but forget about Cervini's (high quality--NEVER heard any complaints about them), they dont' make hoods for '79-82 Mustangs . Like you mentioned 429mustang, only CC and Motion Performance Parts sell the hood that I need (for my year), but I have heard NOTHING on the quality of Motion's quality and service.

I have posted the question here b4, but no one responded to it. Does anyone know about Motion's quality? Their price is good and I called them twice. BOTH times, I was treated with much respect and the guy was acually interested in my inquiry.

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Old 10-15-2001, 07:55 PM   #4
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Exclamation

I remember reading a few post from some people who have dealt w/ them for thier hoods, a while back. THey were not happy w/ the company, or the hood fit for whatever reasons!!! FYI.
Good Luck. I know how frustrating that can be!!!!!!

------------------
1994 GT CONVERTIBLE
TOPLESS IN TEXAS Girls can too's July "Mare of the Month"

Performance Red. Cold Air Ind.,K&N,H.P. Pulleys,OffRoad H-Pipe,Subframe Connectors,Flows,3.55,Light bar,Custom HeadRests.Lotta Chrome
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2001, 08:19 PM   #5
Stang Runner
Registered Member

I went there In peeson and they had no one that does the phone only like 5-7 that work there are it is loud. I got My pick of the hoods and got a good looking one.

------------------
14.28@103.0 on a G-Tech Engine: Steal Mounts, Under drive pulleys, K&N, Home ported Lower Intake, No power steering, No A/C
Drive Train: 3.55, T-5z,

Real power STUFF I Have and will put some time: Mac cold intake, 70MM TB, Valve covers (COOL ONES)255 Fuel pump NOS Dry 75HP, AFR 165 58cc, GT-40 Intake.
Next to get: Rocker Arms,Cam,Injectors 24, What might I need???See It at www.computerconquest.com
Stang Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2001, 08:44 PM   #6
Maroon 5.0 LX
Registered Member

Sounds like a place I wouldn't want to deal with. If they don't want to talk to me, I don't want to deal with them, no matter how badly I want their product.

------------------
'89 LX 5.0 - 5 speed. Original Owner
'94 E-150 4.9 Hi-Top Conversion Van
Maroon 5.0 LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2001, 09:07 PM   #7
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Unhappy

Yeah, I agree, but they need to be made aware by customers what's going on so there's no excuses. So I will call again and ask for the manager and/or someone else. I will ask them to hand pick the hood and express my concerns. My intention is not to piss off anyone or create bad relations, but I'm serious about the money I spend and if they do get pissed off, then so be it-- I welcome it.

...so no one knows about Motion Performance Parts?

Old 10-16-2001, 02:36 AM   #8
84_GT350
Registered Member

Good gawd...all those posts and you've never read anything about CC? Try searching here in the "performance industry" forum. I've heard absolutely nothing but bad things about them. You'd almost think they're somehow linked to Excessive Motorsports. I've never personally had anything from them, but I've heard their hoods are wavy and don't fit right. Run away...run far, far away.

------------------
1984 1/2 GT350 (#842 Hatchback w/ T-tops), 302HO, Comp cams Xtreme Energy cam, Carter 625cfm carb, Weiand Stealth intake, MSD distributor, MSD coil, FMS 9mm wires, 1 5/8" MAC unequal shorties, 2 1/2" MAC Prochamber H-pipe, Flowmaster 2 chambers, KYBs, 16"x8" 4 lug Cobra Rs, Falken 245/45ZR16s

So I pushed it up to 110,
That flathead motor was about to give in,
I crossed my fingers and prayed to the lord,
Don't let me down you fuct up ford!"

"5-Oh Ford" by The Reverend Horton Heat
84_GT350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2001, 04:59 AM   #9
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Unhappy

No, I've heard a few things about them here, but it's varied. B4 I even started this thread, I read many previous posts where some people stated that the hoods were crap, some stated that the hoods used to be crap., but have since gotten much better, and that the hoods are better. What I am looking for is an update, anyone who has recently bought a hood from them (not old news). Perhaps their quality has gotten better.

...but like I said in my original post:

Quote:
Originally posted by Fox Body:
...The reason I am writing this is to for the last time, verify the credibility of CC...
Basically, I've heard both good and bad about CC (mostly bad). *<------------Can't you tell, I want to believe, really. I may just have to learn the hard way....*

I'm gonna postpone the buy another day and gather some more info. Thanks for all of you help.

Old 10-16-2001, 10:53 AM   #10
rbatson

Question

Are you ordering thier hood because its the cheapest?? I've compared hoods at some of the events, it appears to me you get what you pay for. If you could compare them for yourself, you'd see what I mean. I think the best quality hood I've seen was made by a new company out of Fla. I can't remember thier name(maybe it xenon, or something).
Old 10-16-2001, 05:16 PM   #11
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Arrow

It's Done.

I had one of those "Srew it!" moments and decided NOT to buy from CC (b/c of my own personal reasons and from the advice all you wonderful people gave me).

I have already ordered my hood from Motion Performance Parts and it will be here soon. Costs a little more, but.... When I talked to the guy, he was patient, friendly, respectful, seemed interested in my questions, and professional (as he was the last time I spoke with him). They've been in business since 1957. I told him the problems I've had with "another" company and he was sympathetic and stuck up for Motion.

Now, let's just see how this goes. I will be SURE to give the first review on Motion Performance Parts here at MW. If it is great, I will praise them, if it's not.... well, let's think positively, shall we .

14 x 4” K&N air filter. Only a few months b4 Project FOX begins!!!

Old 10-16-2001, 05:29 PM   #12
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Quote:
Originally posted by rbatson:
Are you ordering thier hood because its the cheapest?? I've compared hoods at some of the events, it appears to me you get what you pay for. If you could compare them for yourself, you'd see what I mean. I think the best quality hood I've seen was made by a new company out of Fla. I can't remember thier name(maybe it xenon, or something).
Sorry rbatson, I forgot to answer your question. As far as I know (and believe me, I have checked MANY different places) only Motion and CC sell a 4" Cowl induction hood for a '79-82 Mustang. ONLY those 2 manufacturers I could find. All the other companies (including the great and all-knowing Cervini's) have basically said "Screw the '79-82s, we don't make hoods for those cars."

CC is cheap ($229 + s/h) for that hood. Motion is the only other place. So from what I've heard here, and what I experienced first hand, and what I feel I must do, I decided not to buy from CC until I start hearing better reviews. If they want customers, they GOT to do better.

I also reasoned, some people say they have no problem with CC, but MANY others say that CC screwed them and I take that seriously. I was really wanting to buy from them, b/c aparently the are better known (even if it's for the negatives) and cheaper.

"But what if I get screwed too? I might not, yeah, but then again, I might." So rather than leaving that possibility open, I totally shut it off. I just don't want to have to beat myself in my big head for not listening to all the warnings.

14 x 4” K&N air filter. Only a few months b4 Project FOX begins!!!