MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-29-2002, 03:24 PM   #1
67GTACoupe
Registered Member

Default Money VS 11sec ET

Sup all,

I have been thinking about getting a newer mustang for some more some modern comforts (AC,Stero,Nice Ride) and i was wondering how much money and what kinda mods would i need to take a 01 GT/Cobra into the Low 11's-High 10's. I don't know alot about these new modular engines and all the computer stuff (learned everything from 60's Muscle) and i need some help, also to get a 01 GT/Cobra into those ET's could i keep it smog legal? Any info Helpfull

Thanks

Steven

PS im 17 and what kinda Prices are the mods going to be, i know i can get the cobra (parents paying half) but i thought that it might be worth saving the money for mods

Drive Fast, Race Hard, Beat Ricers.

Live your life a 1/4 mile at a time
67GTACoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2002, 05:42 PM   #2
southernstang97

Cool COBRA WITH A BLOWER !!!!

Whats going down man ! If you can get a cobra then you better off then most of us !!!!!! But all you need is a cobra with a 8 to 10psi blower and you will run your eta's that you are looking for! But with all mods you change one thing there are going to be couple more that you have to do. The blower will put your times where you want them but then you need to think on how are you going to set them tires on the road ! But for the most part the blower will do what you want , now for the cost of it your looking aroung 2,500 to 3,500. Depends on what you get !!! But the best thing I can tell you is spend your money on the good stuff , none of that cheap crap they have out on the market , go with what trusted by the people on this site and you will not go wrong !

And since your 17 drive the car right and not racing with other cars around , I say this because there has been a lot of teenagers killed and killing people here in Texas by street racing ( mostly rice burners) , Don't get me wrong I'll street racing to , but there is a time and place and for everything !! But I'm sure you know that since you are looking at a real car , not a Honda !!

But big up's for picking a real car , MUSTANG , and death to the rice burners !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

late
Old 03-29-2002, 06:49 PM   #3
67GTACoupe
Registered Member

Default first Small Block

Sup,

Yeah, i got raised on Muscle cars so ya know gotta love Mustangs, and Mopars, this is going to be my first small block car, I learned how to drive in a 69 426 Hemi Road Runner, my first car is my GTA with the 390, and im in the process of building a 392 Hemi Charger

What kinda Suspension upgrades would be good for my application, i am looking at the cobra, but my parents are leaning towards a GT, so i don't really know at the moment Thanks for the info

Steven

Old 03-29-2002, 10:45 PM   #4
91LX2Bfast
Registered Member

A TDC Turbo kit would go a long way in getting that GT running the times you want.
There is a guy on here and stangnet who runs the TDC 2XX kit and goes 10's on a bone stock motor. I think he goes by Turbo99 or Marc99GT or something like that. But of course he has other mods like built tranny, stand alone engine managment, fuel system, etc.
It won't be cheap to go low 11's or high 10's, but the recipe for running those times safely are pretty easy now (as compared to a few years ago with the 4.6L.)
91LX2Bfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2002, 11:32 AM   #5
67GTACoupe
Registered Member

Sup,

Thanks for the info, right now im kinda leaning towards a Blower instead of a turbo, and it looks like the GT is in my future so here are my plans so far:

01 GT 5spd (Bone Stock)
Mods:
K&N Filter
70mm Throttle Body (ford Racing
80mm MAF (Pro-M)
American Thunder Flows
Bassani X-Pipe with cats
BBk long tube headers
3.73 Gears
Vortech (V1) S-Trim (kit has 24lbs Injectors)
"Powercooler" intercooler
MSD ignition
All necesary Gauges
Saleen Suspension
Tri-Ax Shifter
Ram Clutch
Bullet Wheels (slicks for Strip)
electric fan and water pump

I know i need some stuff to strengthen the trans and is it possible to get a 9" into a 01GT? What do you think these mods would be worth for the strip? Thanks for info

Steven