View Single Post
Old 05-12-2004, 12:35 PM   #1
KiltedBanshees93GT
Registered Member

Default How did you get into 'stangs?

OK, The thought just occured to me, and I decided to post the questionand see what the answers were. My question is what brought you into the "Mustang family"? Was there one special moment? A delibarate decision based on performance? A family legacy? What?
Obviously, I'll go first
I wasn't big into cars growing up, and the first car I ever really fell in love with (because of a movie) was a Black '69 Camaro SS (Please hold the catcallsand 20 points to the person who guesses the movie <g> ), I had never realized that a car could be anything but pure transportation. Not in my worldview.
Anyway, years later, I was hunting for a first car, and ended up buying a '77 Mustang II hatch with the v-6. I knew nothing about 'Stangs except they were supposed to be sports cars along the Camaro lines. ( All I can say is that I was still ignorant ) Over time I started to learn the backstory, and get more involved in the mystique and history of the car.
Long story short, I think back to the times I had w/ that 77, and I guess that was what made me want another. And another. And another. We're at numbers 4 and 5 right now. To me its a way to hold on to the freedom of youth, and be part of an oncoing "story" if you will. Besides, I get to find cool places like this board, LOL.
Not to mention, you never know when you'll need a fast car for a getaway, LOL.
\Nostalgia
So, How bout you folks?

Jorge
Rice Haters Club Member #239

"I find your lack of faith...disturbing."

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." H. L. Mencken
KiltedBanshees93GT is offline   Reply With Quote