MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Appearance & Detailing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-27-2001, 01:00 PM   #1
cyberstang444
Registered Member

Question I'm crazy and i want to switch conv. tops with another body style mustang

I AM crazy, just like to get that out of the way....

anyway i hate the wicked blind spot that i have with my 88 convertable and i was wondering if anybody knows how expremely difficult and expensive and/or possible it would be to completely change conv. tops with say a 95-98 or 99-01 so i can have that big rear window and a sleeker look.

Yes i am talking about the hardware and everything...

please at least try to humor me.
cyberstang444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2001, 06:09 AM   #2
carolrobone
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by cyberstang444:
I AM crazy, just like to get that out of the way....

anyway i hate the wicked blind spot that i have with my 88 convertable and i was wondering if anybody knows how expremely difficult and expensive and/or possible it would be to completely change conv. tops with say a 95-98 or 99-01 so i can have that big rear window and a sleeker look.

Yes i am talking about the hardware and everything...

please at least try to humor me.
you will need to find out if the 88 body will match with a newer model. I know with the t-birds, a 90 can go up to a 94 or 95. i know someone that is attempting to swap parts for that car.

as for us stang lovers, i would call a junkyard and ask what years are interchangable with the 88. if you decide to go for it, let me know and i will give you the address and phone number of the most inexpensive replacement top people i found, as i have a 92 convertible too. i would most definately get the frame from a junkyard, i'm sure there are several newer stangs in accidents that have good tops, at least that is the case up hereed in r.i.

check out my story on the msg forums(we float). it's a funny story and it is the truth.
later,
carol-ann

carolrobone is offline   Reply With Quote