View Single Post
Old 11-06-2002, 08:58 PM   #14
jj_jonathon
Trisket

Quote:
Originally posted by PKRWUD
Why is it that the ones that voted for Bush did so based on party affiliation, and the ones that voted for McBride did so based on his political views???

Sounds a little one-sided to me.

Bro, there is more to life than funding poor kids in school. No one paid my way, and I turned out okay. Alright, bad example, but still...

While that may have been your top concern, the senior citizens were probably worried about making ends meet on their fixed income, and worried about where they were going to come up with the added expenses they will incur in order to pay the new taxes McBride would have levied in order to raise money to send poor kids to school.

I agree that school is very important, but there is no reason a kid can't get a job and go to a cc.

In my perfect world, the federal government would serve 3 purposes. It would see to it that everyone had the chance to go to school for as long as they needed, that everyone had health coverage for their entire life, and that we were protected from any outside enemy.

That's it. Everything else should be the peoples responsibility to govern over.

Whoa. I started to get political there. Screw that! We're gonna have 12' to 15' sets tomorrow!!! Gotta go wax my board!

C-ya
lol....

i wasnt talking about those who can work and go to cc....im talking about pre-k through high school....some high schoolers can manage work and school....and very very few of them take advanced placement classes and earn incredible schalorships to go to great universities....but thats aside form the direct point anyways....

yes..its one-sided....but i wouldnt be so anti-jeb is i hadnt been seeing the incredible decline firsthand of the florida school system....

oh well...

...and i dont smoke either, and i hate the habit...but ill take the pretty boy compliment... ...

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Ricer Hater's Club Member #1/2 (30) http://www.ricehatersclub.com/
jj_jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote