MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-01-2002, 12:49 PM   #1
FivepointOH
Registered Member

Default Meeting people from the internet

Have any of you ever met somone you talked to from the internet before? I've been talking to this girl online for a few months now. She claims to be 18 and has sent me at least 15 different pictures of "her". She is always really nice and I always tell her she should drive over and see me(She's 3 hours away). Anyway me and some friends are going to the lake for a few days for july 4th and I mentioned to her that she should come. To my surprised she said yes. Now i'm wondering all sorts of things like is that really her in the picture, maybe she's really a big perverted guy looking to do nasty things to me(I have talked to "her" on the phone before though and she sounds like a girl). Where should I meet up with her at? Also she told me she has to bring a friend too.... Any of you guys ever done something like this before?
FivepointOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2002, 01:02 PM   #2
explicitone
Registered Member

A buddy of mine met a girl online and she was from tx. and he drove down there to meet her and everything she sent him was right on the money pics..etc...etc but I would be careful
you can never tell who might be on the other key board...

________

Novi 2000
60' 1.46
1/4 10.67
mph 126.5
_________
explicitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2002, 01:07 PM   #3
Coupe Devil

I've met a girl once that i talked to on the net, plan on meeting more. Havent had a problem but wasnt looking for a romantic encounter either. You jsut gotta be be careful, might be a excon named tiny with flames on HIS head when she gets to meet ya man.

Brad

Built Ford Tough Moderator
Coupe Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2002, 01:12 PM   #4
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

I have and I hung out with her a couple times because it turned out her mom lived not too far away from me. However she is a year younger than me so she still is in high school and she went to a school that was 20-30 minutes away so we didnt see each other much. We are still friends but we couldnt work out anything more, especially after she got a new bf up there

Oh well life goes on hehe.

Later,
Nick
1987 Toyota Pickup
Ricer Haters Club Member #33

Want a custom gauge cluster for your Vintage Mustang?
www.jmeenterprises.com
MidNiteBlu 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2002, 02:46 PM   #5
FivepointOH
Registered Member

I'm not looking for a relationship or anything just want to have a good time.... although I wouldn't mind some physical good times if she looks like she does in the pics. Thx for the replies though, you guys eased my mind a little bit.
Old 07-01-2002, 02:57 PM   #6
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

I've only met one girl, a girl named Joanna from New Zealand. I used to chat with her on ICUII, which is a video conferencing program, so I knew what she looked like. She flew all the way from New Zealand just to meet me! We went to Orlando and had a great time! I still talk to her, she's cool!

Good luck, and definitely be wary, I've heard lots of horror stories!
Old 07-01-2002, 04:32 PM   #7
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Thumbs up Cyber dating

FivepointOH:

Sounds harmless. You have all these photos and you've talked to her on the phone so I wouldn't expect some pervert to pop out of the bushes or anything.

Her bringing a friend is logical; she feels safer and has company if she finds you a dud. Not that it'll go that way, of course.

You could plan to meet her in a spot where you might be able to scope her out beforehand without her seeing you, if possible.

If that's not feasible, maybe a friend could study her photo and check her out ahead of time for you, so she wouldn't know what you were doing. Yeah it's sneaky but she may do the same thing to you, for all you know. Nobody wants to get hurt or disappointed here.

I can't see why some dog or weirdo would send you all those photos plus talk on the phone if it was all a scam. Too much work with no benefit.

Just be real sure she's not underage (if that's an issue here) and hope she shows up but don't be disappointed if she doesn't. She may just chicken out...it happens. Have a good time anyway and don't make this 'internet girl' the focus of your holiday.

Good luck.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2002, 06:21 PM   #8
gt lee

Not trying to scare you but I will tell you a little story about my neice. She met this guy on the internet too. And they talked and talked well she decided to go to Ill. and meet him. And she brought him back with her, to make a long story short. They married and he whacks her around. He's weird. But if thats what she wants who am I to say. Just be careful.
And if it all works out. Have a good time. You never know. I have heard of others that have met and they clicked. So good luck. Odie
Old 07-01-2002, 06:24 PM   #9
PKRWUD

Hehehe, I guess you could say i have a little experience when it comes to this subject. It has happened twice, and was definately both ends of the spectrum.

Exactly one year ago today, on eBay, I accidently found a girl I had a crush on in elementary school, but who I hadn't seen or heard from since 1977. Her brother was bidding on a post card that I wanted, and the name was so unique, I emailed him privately, and asked if he had a sister named Nancy, and I explained who I was. To make a long story short, 2 months later, she flew out here from N.J., and I discovered she was a mental case. It was a huge disappointment. She was married, but expected me to move her, and her kids, out here to live with me to escape her "abusive" husband. As it turned out, she was full of it, and had grand visions of ripping me off. Nuff said.

Then there was Christine. I have "known" her on here for 6 months or more, but never really got to know her. A few months ago, we started talking privately, and she ended up flying out here to see me about a month ago. She was everything I expected, and more. I still contend that it was the best weekend of my life, and I will always cherish those memories. I have never felt so comfortable, and so at ease, with a "stranger" before, and it made for an extremely fun weekend.

With all that said, I think you will be fine. The less you expect, the more likely you are to be pleased.

Enjoy!

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2002, 06:37 PM   #10
OnMy3rdStang
Registered Member

Ive met quite a few people off the internet one of which is my bf of 2 years. Most of them are now my friends and the rest I'd rather not see ever again. I was cautious about meeting people I never met them at my house, I always had a friend go with me and I would meet them a fast food place or someting away from my house.
Just be very careful!!! I was talking to this one guy and he started talking about him being a vampire! I was like "click" ignore!
Old 07-01-2002, 11:39 PM   #11
FivepointOH
Registered Member

Well she didn't show or call, I kind of expected as much. Oh well I'm still gonna have a great time at the lake with my friends and there will be plenty of other women there.
Old 07-01-2002, 11:43 PM   #12
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Quote:
Originally posted by FivepointOH
Well she didn't show or call, I kind of expected as much. Oh well I'm still gonna have a great time at the lake with my friends and there will be plenty of other women there.
well, that sucks... give her hell (good-hearted) when you talk to her next! Have fun at the lake!
Old 07-02-2002, 03:19 AM   #13
PKRWUD

That does suck. Oh well. Maybe she was a he afterall.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002, 06:32 AM   #14
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

As for the "everyone is a creep on the net"...those people that say that seem to forget that to someone else, THEY are the wierdo net freak I'm usually met with sullen silence when I bring this point up As long as you "trust" them (so far at least) and meet in a safe place, no biggie!
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002, 06:57 AM   #15
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

I've met some weird people on the net and some really nice people. I met my g/f 1 year yesterday for the first time, she only lives a town over. I met her on the internet, well she found me on the ICQ Whitepages, long story short we started talking on the phone then met, after I met her we started going out 2 days later, so it'll be 1 year tommorow that we've been going out. I honestly can't really complain about metting people over the internet but I've talked to some real crazy people on the internet. If your going to visit someone bring someone with you, let everyone know where you are, and go in a very public place. Just read she never showed, but don't worry it's all good. It's alot easier for a guy to go meet a girl then a girl to meet a guy.

§am.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote