MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Blue Oval Lounge (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   how rare of a stang do u think this car is? (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=44884)

scootro 12-09-2004 01:03 AM

how rare of a stang do u think this car is?

I just bought an 1988 stang gt thats white with white and black interior, and T-TOPS....the only thing i noticed defferent is the door mirrors are the pedestal mirrors like the convertables. I've only seen two 1987 ttop stang with the regular mirrors were all used to seeing.... Just what u all think... Im so happy i found this ttop stang i can't wait till next summer to drive it with the ttops off. Hopefully santa clause will give me some cool stang parts. So now my ford collection i own are a 1994 ford lightning, 2000 stang gt, and the 1988 stang gt t-top...... what more could a guy ask for????????? well???? HEHEE i could think of something maybe next year like a 1964 ford fairlane THUNDERBOLT CLONE that would be awesome...... i soon as i get some pics up i'll post ''em....... thanks for the replies

OnMy3rdStang 12-10-2004 04:18 AM

Re: how rare of a stang do u think this car is?

I think t-tops are pretty rare. I would love to have one. Cant wait to see pics

Mr 5 0 12-10-2004 02:57 PM

The T-top option is pretty rare and '88 was the last year for it, as you already know. I would strongly suggest investing in a set of stout, aftermarket frame-rail and strut tower connectors if the car doesn't already have them as the T-tops have a lot of body flex, for obvious reasons. Even a roll bar would not be overkill.

Sounds like a nice ride. Good luck with it.

Unit 5302 12-10-2004 05:52 PM

There were about 800 left over 1987 Mustang T-Top cars that were rebadged as 1988s. The white exterior was pretty common, but black interior is almost impossible to find. White/white was really common, as was White/Maroon.

Sounds like a real rare combination to me, either that or somebody did a little customizing.

I agree with Mr 5.0, I've heard subframe connectors do wonders for the cars. Incidentally, the weatherstrip was about $300 each side for the cars last time I checked, so take care of it.

82 GT 12-10-2004 07:47 PM

Hmmm...how rare is an '82 GT with T-tops? :)

Antnydude47 02-25-2005 12:40 PM

i have an 88' GT Hatchback :) :)

tireburner163 02-25-2005 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antnydude47
i have an 88' GT Hatchback :) :)

ALL GT's are hatchbacks.

-Josh, aka the tireburner

p.s.......you might want to ease up on the size of your sig, it can make posts are to read.

Unit 5302 02-25-2005 09:15 PM

You know it. All those 88GT verts were custom one offs. :D

tireburner163 02-26-2005 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unit 5302
You know it. All those 88GT verts were custom one offs. :D

DOH!!!!!! Brain cramp :D

Unit > Tireburner

84LX89GT 03-15-2005 10:31 PM

Speaking of T-tops, This sunday i just bought my newest project car, a 1985 LX t-top auto. It's real odd too because it has the "premium sound" package, 2.3L with auto trans (will be going bye bye), it's white with maroon interior, it has (not working of course) air conditioning, cruise, power windows and power door locks. I went cruising with the tops off yesterday in fact....can't wait to get it all put together.
I'm definately going to have to get connectors and braces of every sort for the 400.

nastyn8 04-04-2005 01:45 AM

i was lookin at an 87 gt with t tops. it had suffered from a fire and was in pieces. one of the t tops was busted 2. it would be a total restoration, but other than that it was a beautiful car. and hey man it was a hatch back 2. haha

StrokedStang 04-09-2005 07:25 AM

Definitely an 88 T-Top car is rare because they stop making them in early 88. So production was definitely limited. They were very prone to leaking and getting new rubber seals for them can be quite pricey if you can find them.

PowerSlideGT 04-09-2005 10:56 PM

I have two 87 gt t-tops one 5 speed one Summit auto...... Ones red, ones white. Both red interior... and im thinking about selling the red one.