MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-14-2005, 07:53 PM   #1
Stang_Girl617
Registered Member

Default Hurricane Katrina

Is is just me or does anyone else think that Kanye West over stepped his bounds. I understand that things that happen in New Orleans were poorly prepared, however that is no reason to run around accusing people of racism. I know its no big deal but I really take offense to that type of thing. The quote that really gets me "If it had been white people they would have been their before the storm hit." Um... No... FLORIDA gets hit four and five times a year, do you hear them accusing people of racism when things don't arrive 3 hours after the storm.

First of all it was not president Bush's fault. He signed the bill to all federal disaster money THREE days before the dang thing even hit. Why not blame your local officals. Its more their fault than anyone else. Do you think they think about that, no they just go on TV and rant about stuff that doesnt even make sense.

Secondly, What kinda idiot governer tells people that even though the Governer has released a mandatory evacuation that they can stay. AND THEN, opens the super dome and convention center for them. DUH DUH DUH! Why undermind your superior that way.

And Third of all WHAT IDIOT decides it is a good idea to ride out a CAT 5 HURRICANE! And the excuse... We dont have a car... 30 bucks and hop your butt on a GREYHOUND the coulda gone to Chicago before the thing hit... but no, Nagin gave them a way out. AMAZING!

2000 V6 Stang
so far only exaust and BBK CAI
Stang_Girl617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 12:34 PM   #2
HoodStrype
Rearview Mirror Haze

Default Re: Hurricane Katrina

HellsYeaH!!!! Well put!
I'm from Alabama and we've been saying the same thing- what moron sits through a Cat 5? "Afraid my store will get robbed"... ever heard of insurance? And who cares about your store anyway, it will not be there most likely when you get back!

Exactly... $30 on a Greyhound and don't reach your hand out and whine about it. What losers!

Oh yeah, Kanye West? I'd like to see him come to the south or midwest and say that crap. People are dying and he turns an atrosity into a "Race Issue." Pssshhhh! He should run for President if he thinks he can do better and always respect the President's position even if you don't agree with him. Especially on national tv.

...the epitome of Murphy's Law
HoodStrype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 07:27 PM   #3
Orange97GTVert
Mustang Fanatic

It's because the Federal government did not hand out $30 vouchers for Greyhound tickets.

By the way, in case you were watching the news and missed it, Katrina tore up the whole coast of Mississippi as well as New Orleans.

1997 Mustang GT Convertible, 4.6L Auto, Autumn Orange w/Saddle Tan Top & Leather Interior, Styling Bar, 17 X 9 Polished Cobra R's on Nitto NT 555's, Ford Racing Bullitt Suspension package, Mac CAI, Steeda UDP's, Flowmaster 40 Series Catback, SCT X-Calibrator II, Zaino Shine, 7 time Show Winner, driven daily
Orange97GTVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 12:36 AM   #4
Unit 5302
Registered Member

There are natural disasters that occur all across the country. Hurricanes are only one. Frequently entire cities are flooded out in Minnesota and North Dakota during the spring floods from melting snow. Of course, there are far fewer fatalities because people are apparently a lot less stupid around these parts.

I make no apologies for being blunt. When we're told that an area is going to be flooded, that a major blizzard is on its way or we're going to be hit by a tornado, we take shelter somewhere safer.

Hurricane Katrina caused massive destruction for sure, and the size of the storm caused a much larger area to be affected than most other natural disasters, but the loss of life and much of the damage could have been avoided if people weren't being so stupid prior to the storm and during it.

As far as the racism card... it's the most overplayed card in the United States today, and I agree, I'm getting sick and tired of hearing it.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 10:47 AM   #5
HoodStrype
Rearview Mirror Haze

AMEN Brother!!!

...the epitome of Murphy's Law
HoodStrype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 01:01 PM   #6
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Post Re: Hurricane Katrina

The backlash from Hurricane Katrina and the subsequent breaking of the levees protecting New Orleans, allowing the city to be flooded, has been pretty well hashed out over the past two weeks.

There were failures at every level of responsibility but especially at the state and local level. President Bush has taken responsibility for FEMA's lapses, as has LA Governor Blanco, who has admitted she waited too long to call out the National Guard in New Orleans. Yet the Democrats are still intent on trying to use this natural disaster to hurt President Bush and lay every death and every loss at his feet when that is simply ridiculous and most sane people know it, even if they may not be fans of the president. As most people realize, it was a natural disaster, not man-made and if you stayed in New Orleans or any other Gulf Coast area during a Category 5 hurricane, you would probably be in trouble, later, if not already dead

The obnoxious race-baiting from the Usual Suspects, i.e. Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and Black Muslim Minister Louis Farrakhan, who, by the way, claimed that 'authoritive sources' told him that the levees were purposely blown up so as to insure that the 'black' sections of the city would be hardest hit, are all contemptable and demonstrate the absurd level of paranoia foisted on black citizens by their useless 'leaders', that guarantees a certain level of racial unrest will always be maintained in this country, no matter what happens.

New Orleans, which is 67% black and has a high poverty level, much unemployment and a very high crime rate, was ripe for the mess it became when the city flooded. A long succession of corrupt stste and local governments, wasted federal money that could have made the levees stronger and a clueless mayor - Ray Nagin - who was so over his head that he was simply pathetic, all contributed to the loss of life, shootings, lootings and general mess that was New Orleans following Katrina. That is what extended poverty and a corrupt government give you. The short end of the stick, every time.

Blaming the president, 'white people' and so on for Katrina's toll is simply a combination of sheer ignorance and/or race-baiting that often comes from ignorance. Rappers are not known for their insights and grasp of political dynamics, either, so we can ignore them. However, when so-called black 'leaders' make outrageous statements that attempt to blame the deaths from Katrina on some imagined institutional 'racism' inherent in America, that kind of garbage should be offensive to all decent people.

Aside from the government's 62 billion (and counting) in aid to the victims of Katrina and especially aimed at New Orleans, private citizens have donated over 800 million (so far) to the flood victims, which is awesome. Almost every business of any size has done something, both big and small to help in some way and churches and other social organizations have opened their homes and hearts to the displaced from Katrina. From the actual rescuers on the scene to those sending money, no one asks what race the people are that will receive this help, both material and financial. No one. That all we get from black 'leaders' is accusations of racial bias in helping them speaks to the lie that sustains these parasites on the black community. Some day, black people in America may wake up and see these frauds for what they are. I hope so, but if history is a guide, I am not optimistic.
Old 09-19-2005, 01:52 AM   #7
nastyn8
Smokes The Dope

First of all you have to remember, Kenye West is nothing more than an "entertainer" and leave it at that. Off the record I have heard a big portion of the people that tried to wait it out were welfare check grabbers anyway. I think that the whole thing is a big caught with your hands in your pocket situation. I'm guessing nobody in that area has ever watched "The Day After Tommorow." The thing I don't understand at all is 9/11 was 4 years ago. Right. Stop and think this area should have already had a plan for emergency disasters. Who's to say a terrorists attack couldnt happen to all the oil rigs threatening the same area?

One other thing that's been bothering me, I haven't heard one peep from anyone from the Tsunami people. USA helped them out tremendously.

I don't think anybody has a right to bring up a racial! Mr Kenye West can kiss my white ass.

Last edited by nastyn8; 09-20-2005 at 11:54 AM..
nastyn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 05:27 AM   #8
Capri306

Let's see what they come up with when Rita hits. I'm hoping it turns into just a nice rain over Texas, but Mother Nature has a habit of being a b!tch.

If it turns out that this storm develops further, and strikes yet another predominantly black populated area, I can't wait for someone like Al Sharpton to blame George W. Bush for this second hurricane....'cuz, you know, it's his fault, he's the president and he steers hurricanes into black communities because he hates them.

I was hoping Mike Myers would punch West in his fat head and do the world a favor.

1979 Mercury Capri
1987 5.0L Mustang LX Notchback
1993 5.8L Eddie Bauer Bronco
Capri306 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: