MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-27-2002, 02:31 AM   #1
PKRWUD

Thumbs up I Am Thankful

With Thanksgiving quickly approaching, I started thinking about some of the things I'm thankful for. It's been quite a year, and it's had it's share of ups and downs, and I am truly thankful for all of it. I am thankful for the friends I've made this year, and the people I've met. I'm thankful that my Mother is healthy. I'm sad that I won't get to see her this year, but I'm still very thankful that she's doing well. I'm thankful that the hurricane force winds that have hit So Cal the past 2 days haven't caused me any harm, other than being in allergy hell. I'm thankful that I'm not in jail. I have spent three Thanksgivings locked up before, and it sucks. I'm thankful that 6 of my 7 cats are happy and healthy. I'm thankful that we survived another year racing, and no one got hurt. I'm thankful for all the help we received in our effort to keep Ventura Raceway open for another year. It paid off. We have several new restrictions and rules to deal with, but the track will be open for at least one more year. And most of all, I'm thankful that the second season of the Osbournes has started.

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 02:46 AM   #2
Coupe Devil

Thumbs up

Good topic Chris.

Makes me think of what im thankful for, thankful for my family of course, my friends. Being able to live in the country we do. Thank you to all the veterans and current serving military personel. Im thankful for this website. Ive made alot of good friends here, and wouldnt change it for the world. Im thanksful that I have what ive worked hard to get and achieve and that I can continue to do so. Had some up's and downs this year myself, but it will all work out in the end.

Bradley

Built Ford Tough Moderator
Coupe Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 02:47 AM   #3
Skyman
I need 110mph Trap Speed!

Good post Chris! I'll keep mine short.

Im thankful for my Friends, Family, Girlfriend, my work, and everything in my life, I'll take all the bad with the good, its all worth it.

Skyler

RIP
----
1993 Notch w/ 98 4V 4.6 Fasttt...

-1989 Saleen Mustang #406-
12.32@109

-1999 Black Cobra Coupe-
JBA Shorties, Bassani Cat-X, Magnaflow 3", Pulleys, 85mm Pro-M, Ported Intake, Soild Rear w/ 4.30s, Tubular Front End, X2C arms, 13lb batt, few others.
Skyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 08:44 AM   #4
gt lee

Good post Chris,
Mine is simple...I am thankful that I am alive and that I have been blessed with a wonderful husband and family and for all the new and old friends I have made here at MW..I truly hope that each and everyone of you have a wonderful THANKSGIVING..Hugs Odie
Old 11-27-2002, 10:11 AM   #5
WADS56
gear banger

Default Re: I Am Thankful

Quote:
Originally posted by PKRWUD
I'm thankful that the hurricane force winds that have hit So Cal the past 2 days haven't caused me any harm, other than being in allergy hell. I'm thankful that 6 of my 7 cats are happy and healthy.

Take care,
~Chris
Sound like to me that the hurricane isn't the blame for your allergy problem

Wade
Ricer hater's club member #49
WADS56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 10:51 AM   #6
DAN-MAN
Confederate Cowboy

I'm thankful that my family is in good health (cept for my grandfather), my cousin has a healthy marriage and child, that I've got a great car to drive instead of that old tank, and most of all that I'll be 20 in January!!

Daniel.

RHC MEMBER #25
DAN-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 12:59 PM   #7
scott93gt
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Great topic!

I am thankful for this thread. Reading it has caused me to reflect on the past year and really take stock of my life. Having done this, I am thankful for my family, my fiance (getting married Feb 8th 2003), my Mustang, my health, my Greyhound (Sadie), my fiance's Weimariner (Jack), and my job.
I believe I am truely blessed to have all these things and many, many more.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
5 speed, Hurst Competition Plus, 3 chamber Flows, 3.08's.

2010 VW GTI 2dr 6MT
(no pictures yet)

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee
scott93gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 01:24 PM   #8
SMOKE
Old School ROUSH

Cool

Great reflection thread.

I'm thankful for a lot of the same things listed above.

Wife, family, career, the internet and this electronic community of Mustang fans and owners.

Least of all my deployed military brothers and sisters like this guy.

God Bless America and all those who defend and love her.

Last edited by SMOKE; 11-27-2002 at 01:29 PM..
SMOKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 06:34 PM   #9
lysacat
Registered Member

I'm thankful for my health and the health of my family, I'm thankful that I am still loving my career, I'm thankful for the new friends I have made on mustangworks, I'm thankful for my husband of almost 15 years now and how supportive he is, and last but not least I'm thankful my husband decided I could have the car I've always wanted .
Happy Turkey Day!!!!
C-ya, Melisa
Old 11-28-2002, 03:19 AM   #10
ultraflo
NX dealer-man

It's good to be alive and well. I wish the best for those who serve our country, those who are deployed and are unable to be with their families.

I am most thankful for my wonderful family... hard telling what trouble I'd have myself into without them.

God Bless us all.

And Thank You for the opportunity to reflect.

All differences aside... have a happy Thanksgiving everyone.

-Ryan

93 LX
9.20 @ 147mph

03 Mach 1
12.39 @ 116mph
ultraflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2002, 03:53 AM   #11
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Smile Happy Thanksgiving!

In a year that has seen SOOOOO many changes and emotions, some good, some not so good, there is ALWAYS soooo many things to be thankful for, cuz, at times no matter how bad we think we got it...there are others out there that have it so much worse and are so much less fortunate to not have what we have...

I'm thankful that my house is finally starting to like me...I'm thankful for my alter-ego..my daughter...she is a sweetie, and is growing up to be such a good, pretty, lovable and smart girl. i'm thankful that my Topless w/ almost 109K on her is still looking good and healthy, for the most part! That I'm still healthy enough to work...I'm thankful for all my pets, old and new, that bring so much joy to my life. For my best friends, runnin' buddies and confidants, I could not live w/out...and for the oppurtunity for , in the first time in my life to expierience true happiness....and for the oppurtunity to make the next year EVEN BETTER!!!!! And for the many friends that I have met here on MW who have been there for me when the need be.....
THANK YOU! (ya'll know who you are!)

Heres a pic I took tonight while i was making a corn soufflee', Stuffed Jalapenos, and my infamous beans for my Thanksgiving w/ my Best Buddies in the world! This is Racie(had her for 5 days now.) in her new sweater...(they chill easy!) Its COLD here now! Cost me $50 for 3 sweaters!

Hope ya'll have a great holiday, and enjoy your time w/ the people who mean the most to you......I know I will...
luv you guys.
TNT
Attached Images
File Type: jpg racie in her new sweater.jpg (65.0 KB, 10 views)

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2002, 03:57 AM   #12
ultraflo
NX dealer-man

Topless - Love the pic!!!

...that puppy has some purty blue eyes.

Happy Thanksgiving!

93 LX
9.20 @ 147mph

03 Mach 1
12.39 @ 116mph
ultraflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2002, 04:01 AM   #13
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Exclamation illusion!

LOL! thanks Ultraflo!!!
BUT....they are really brown...i guess it was the reflection off the camera, TV or something! she has to go potty now....
Geez...Its been 10 years since i had a puppy...kinda like giving birth to another baby again!
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!
TNT

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2002, 10:23 AM   #14
lysacat
Registered Member

Topless,
your baby is too cute. Keep er warm
C-ya, Melisa