MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2001, 12:27 AM   #1
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

This thread is from 2001 some newb brought it back from the dead.

So just move along instead of making yourself look lika an @ss like others have.

Thank you,
------------------
88 mustang gt convertible bored to 306 BBk equal length headers mac cold air fender kit 3.73 FMS gears cowl hood nitto drag radials ford racing clutch flow masters h-pipe 160* thermostat 16 degrees of timing electric fan off 94' t-bird jacobs electronics cap and wires. Edelbrock 1 1/2 inch drop springs.

Last edited by Dark_5.0; 03-22-2005 at 08:48 PM..
Old 09-03-2001, 01:03 PM   #2
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

Don't you DARE compare your two own cars! From my recent experience you can only talk about mustangs! WTF. If you don't know what I'm talking about look at my post in Windsor. But forget all I just said. I think that is awesome and good luck to your you and your cars.

------------------
1989 GT, 3:55's, full exhaust, 4 in. hood, Pro 5.0, Have many other parts 4 sale. All parts for sale now.

2000 Camaro SS-A4, 13.7's bone stock.

1989 Chevy S-10, EX. Cab-383(500+hp on motor), trick flow heads, trick flow pistons, etc... autometer phantom gauges, "built" 700R4, roll cage, lexan back window, corbeau seats, R.H.S. 5 harnesses, Fuel cell, convo pro wheels, 15x14's with 29x18.5 M/T'S on back, 15x4's on front, nitrous, and so much more!
Old 03-20-2005, 10:34 AM   #3
Paul 69 Mach I
Registered Member

Default Re: "I BOUGHT AN ABUSE VICTIM"!!!

Dark 5.0
I have a 94 Prelude V-tech besides my 69 Mach I. If you want good advise on Honda's I'd go to Superhonda.com. There are some real knowledgeable Honda people to help you there
Old 03-20-2005, 11:14 AM   #4
LX5liter
dude5l

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_5.0
it runs great and has a good tranny except 5th gear doesnt work.

I wouldn't really call that a "good" tranny!

Brad R.
1992 L.X. 5.0 coupe
MODS: A few little bolt ons
New Best time ...11.60 @ 128 mph @ 2000+ ft altitude.

Rice Haters Club member #39

Users rides #2542
Old 03-20-2005, 05:05 PM   #5
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Thumbs down Re: "I BOUGHT AN ABUSE VICTIM"!!!

I'm sorry to rain on your little Prelude parade but who cares what you do with some old Honda?

This is a Mustang site and posting about some POS Prelude you bought is a bore, if not an insult to our membership. Buy what you want and drive what you wish but don't waste MW's bandwidth bragging about some ricemobile and the NAWWWWWASSSS you wanna stick on the thing to make it get out of it's own way.

I own a Honda too, for transportation, but I don't post here about it because I have more respect for the site. Something you might consider trying.
Old 03-20-2005, 05:34 PM   #6
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

Wow, Jim. Someone jumping up and down on your last nerve?

I don't really see the problem as this is posted in the blue oval. Isn't telling everyone you got a different car kinda like (or better than) telling everyone you got a different girlfriend .

Not that I would know....

Hope you get that thing running fast, Dark. You should see John's (84GT350) plans for his '84. All I'll say is that it involves a big ol' blow-suck-blow (turbo) and a larger than stock 302. Can you say 700 hp at the wheels? Yikes.

--nathan
'91 GT, Coast 347, 9.5:1 compression, full intake, Wolverine 1087 cam, exhaust, Keith Craft ported Windsor Jr. Irons (235 cfm intake, 195 cfm exhaust), AOD, PI 3500 converter, Lentech valve body, 3.73's (4.10's in the works), and Yokohama ES100's out back.

Daily Car: '04 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT
Old 03-20-2005, 08:35 PM   #7
Paul 69 Mach I
Registered Member

[QUOTE=silver_pilate]
I don't really see the problem as this is posted in the blue oval. Isn't telling everyone you got a different car kinda like (or better than) telling everyone you got a different girlfriend .

Hey beats telling him you have his girlfriend.
I really don't understand the whole import V. US war thing. The love for cars should be able to cross the boundaries. I own both & I've dusted a number of Stangs with it. Would I rice it out.... HECK NO! I'd look as stupid as that Stang with a dinner table for a spoiler. The VTECH engine is slicker than hot snot on glass. Anyway I directed him to Superhonda.com which will take care of his needs.
Old 03-20-2005, 10:32 PM   #8
rwhite65
Ride Hard

Well, beings this is the Blue Oval lounge, I can see why you might post about the honda here. BUT....unless it was too say I picked up a beater and I am gonna beat it to death, it will not be well received on THIS board.

Anyone who tries to honestly claim they beat many stangs with a vtec that was not nicely modified, I have to throw the B.S. flag on.
Ryan

04 Grand Cherokee Freedom Edition

79 Ford F-250 4x4 - Restored
Old 03-21-2005, 04:25 PM   #9
Mr 5 0

Smile Re: "I BOUGHT AN ABUSE VICTIM"!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver_pilate

Wow, Jim. Someone jumping up and down on your last nerve?

Not that I would know....
Well, Nathan, I don't see it that way. No one is preventing 'Dark_ 5.0' from posting about his new/old Honda purchase but it seems a bit out of place on a Mustang site - and I retain the right to criticize the subject of his thread. There are a million Honda/ricer websites anyone can post on to talk about some old ricemobile he wants to resurrect with an NOS kit. However, the fact remains that this site is dedicated to Mustang people and although many of us also own other makes of cars (I admitted I own a Honda Civic - it's listed on my profile) we don't generally post about them because nobody cares. I can go to a Honda-specific website and get all the Honda info I need and receive good info and lots of support - for my Honda. I come here to either talk about Mustangs or interesting non-automotive topics - but not ricers.

The thread exists, the original post was made and I added my criticism. At this point it isn't worth further discussion, to me.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:05 PM   #10
Paul 69 Mach I
Registered Member

Taking over the keyboard for a minute. This is Paul 69 Mach I's son Scott.

Why doesn't everyone quit ragging on this guy for building up a Honda.

Mr. 5.0 -- This goes for you in particular seeing how you're the most avid "rice hater" in this thread. Why do you even care what this guy does with his car. Does it personally cause any harm to you when this guy decides to put money into a car that HE owns? I would understand if he said "Hey! Mr 5.0 has this 86 Prelude and I'm gonna put NAWWWWWWWS (as you put it) on it" and you were offended. The guy can do whatever he wants with his car just like you can.

As a 1994 Honda Prelude VTEC and 1970 Oldsmobile Cutlass S owner, I can proudly say that I respect both sides for their attributes. They both have their pro's and con's.

Personally, I dumped over $5000 into the Cutlass and the Prelude still dusts it with just an intake and header. And let me guess what your response will be: "[southern accent] I don't care what no gosh darn rice mobile can do to some piece of trash GM product[/southern accent]". Ok... well the Prelude will also dust my Dad's 1969 Mach 1... Wait! I know what you'll say now: "[southern accent] well that's some tired old pony car that don't got no go left in her! I'd likes to see some gosh darn 4-banger honda piece of garbage go up against a fuel injected 5.0! YEEEEEEHAW![/southern accent]"

Wait... I did... haha. Beat that car also... Blew his doors off right off the line and pulled hard on him... he finally caught up at 120mph but the quarter mile was over so guess what! He lost too...

I think I know your problem... I think that you suffer from the same syndrome that muscle car owners were infected with when the Grand National came out. You fear what you don't know... and you're too closed minded to do research into what actually makes these cars fast. Instead of looking into things, you just sit back, drink your miller high life, chew on your skoal, and complain about what other people do with THEIR CARS!!!

Who cares if an Import Enthusiast decides to use Nitrous Oxide on their car... it's just another method of forced induction. Some of the fastest street legal mustangs out there run nitrous.

I agree that RICERS are annoying... however, anyone that puts money into a performance import isn't a ricer. Ricers are people who cut off their muffler, weld on a coffee can, build themselves a plywood spoiler in their garage, and think they run high 8's in the 1320. I totally agree that these people are idiots... I'll be the first to admit it! However, you fail to see that there are DOMESTIC ricers out there too...

I think that you are a closed minded bigot who needs to get educated... Your mustang is NOT God... You will roll up next to a 4-cylinder that WILL blow your doors off some day. Why don't you show some respect for people who are different than yourself. Just because you enjoy a fire breathing V8 doesn't mean that someone else can't enjoy something else.

Search the web... you'll find numerous videos of civics dusting Vipers, Camaros, Mustangs, you name it...

Personally... I think that I would rather have a street driven Honda, with a full interior, and nice stereo, that could dip into the low 13's on Nitrous (and a fully built race motor by Golden Eagle) than a Mustang that could lay down 10's, not be driven daily, get 2 gpm (gallons per mile), have 1 seat and no sound insulation, break down on me on the way home, and get me laughed at while I sit on the side of the road with my F.O.R.D. (found on road dead...).

www.superhonda.com/forum is a good place to start your education... they're educated enough to fight back against your "V8 Utopia" arguments too... why don't you read a little and learn to accept that not everyone has a V8 like you because not everyone needs to compensate for their manhood... like you....

~Sincerely,
~Scott (IHIPrelude94 on superhonda.com)

P.S. -- Don't ban my father from the forum because of me... this will be the last time I post here. If you have something to settle with me I'll see you on superhonda.com
Old 03-21-2005, 07:37 PM   #11
Paul 69 Mach I
Registered Member

OK I have to apologize for the last post.

This is why you should not leave your computer unattended.

While I agree with many of his points he could have been more tactful. Maybe it's just my love of cars, I just don't see nor do I understand the whole Import Vs. American battle. Both make some darn nice cars. Again I apologize for his less than tactful (at times) response.
Old 03-21-2005, 08:26 PM   #12
Fat0eknee
I'm slow ...I know.

chill out with the "its a disgrace to post something like that on this board and a waste of bandwidth" i mean ...the guy can post whatever he wants within the rules
hey i dont mind hondas and imports ...a DOHC 1.6 si motor makes close to 1.65 hp/per cubic inch ...i dont see a stock mustang getting over 1 hp per cube ..cept the 05
Old 03-22-2005, 01:19 AM   #13
rwhite65
Ride Hard

Ok, the name calling is B.S. and was not needed. Mr 5.0 made a valid point beings this is the MUSTANGworks.com.

This board has a lot of highly knowledgeable guys when it comes to our beloved fords, and I would suspect we might even be able to find our way around a v-tec should we need too.

Hopefully he will stay over at superhonda.com, cause I personally don't care to see that crap again. With that being said, to Dark 5.0, I would rather see you put that money into your mustang. Good luck with the project.
Ryan

04 Grand Cherokee Freedom Edition

79 Ford F-250 4x4 - Restored
Old 03-22-2005, 09:52 AM   #14
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

ah.......stupid honda owners.......you gotta love em

I'm sure he's proud he can beat a 5.0......most likley a 200K mile, 2.73 equiped, AOD

1998 HD Electra Elide
Old 03-22-2005, 01:40 PM   #15
Mr 5 0

Thumbs down Re: "I BOUGHT AN ABUSE VICTIM"!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul 69 Mach I

Taking over the keyboard for a minute. This is Paul 69 Mach I's son Scott.

Why doesn't everyone quit ragging on this guy for building up a Honda.

Mr. 5.0 -- This goes for you in particular seeing how you're the most avid "rice hater" in this thread. Why do you even care what this guy does with his car. Does it personally cause any harm to you when this guy decides to put money into a car that HE owns? I would understand if he said "Hey! Mr 5.0 has this 86 Prelude and I'm gonna put NAWWWWWWWS (as you put it) on it" and you were offended. The guy can do whatever he wants with his car just like you can.
Get a grip, Scott.

I never questioned anyone's 'right' to buy, modify and drive whatever they choose and I have already stated that in a previous post. I simply questioned the validity of the original Prelude-centered post by 'Dark_5.0' - on a Mustang board. Your hysterical defensive reaction to my original post is borderline ridiculous as is your juvenile and absurd cartoon characterization of who I am and what I think. I have no interest in your dreary little accounts of your beloved GM and Japanese cars. That you feel the need to validate yourself with these vehicles is your option and you are welcome to them if they excite you much. That obviously doesn't take very much. However, the point remains that I never questioned that there are many fast cars on the road other than Mustangs. I simply questioned the wisdom off posting about an old Prelude here. I have the option of doing that, just as you have the option of posting your fevered disagreement to it. O.K.? Try to stay focused, Scott.

Quote:
I think I know your problem... I think that you suffer from the same syndrome that muscle car owners were infected with when the Grand National came out. You fear what you don't know... and you're too closed minded to do research into what actually makes these cars fast. Instead of looking into things, you just sit back, drink your miller high life, chew on your skoal, and complain about what other people do with THEIR CARS!!!

Who cares if an Import Enthusiast decides to use Nitrous Oxide on their car... it's just another method of forced induction. Some of the fastest street legal mustangs out there run nitrous.
You are really becoming a bore here, Scott. I never said what anyone can and can't do with THEIR CAR (as you put it). I simply questioned the propriety of posting it here as I criticized the post, which is my right, too, as a member of this site.

Your totally inaccurate depiction of who I am is nonsensical. My eight years on this forum have defined me as nothing like what you seem to imagine. That you are unaware of this is your error.

Quote:
I agree that RICERS are annoying... however, anyone that puts money into a performance import isn't a ricer. Ricers are people who cut off their muffler, weld on a coffee can, build themselves a plywood spoiler in their garage, and think they run high 8's in the 1320. I totally agree that these people are idiots... I'll be the first to admit it! However, you fail to see that there are DOMESTIC ricers out there too...
No, I do not 'fail to see' that and I also don't fail to puke at them when I do see them. What this has to do with my original post is hard to fathom but then, since we're engaging in amateur psychiatry here, your entire post has been somewhat strange. Mostly juvenile bluster motivated by a sense of bloated self-importance and a distinct lack of self control.

Quote:
I think that you are a closed minded bigot who needs to get educated... Your mustang is NOT God... You will roll up next to a 4-cylinder that WILL blow your doors off some day. Why don't you show some respect for people who are different than yourself. Just because you enjoy a fire breathing V8 doesn't mean that someone else can't enjoy something else.
Ah, Scott, light some incense, breathe deeply and relax a bit, will you? Lose the name-calling, too. It just makes you look foolish and frustrated.

In your misbegotten rush to defend imports you have drifted into the Twlight Zone here. You seem to forget that you are posting on a website dedicated to Mustangs, not Japanese or European cars, GM vehicles or Chrysler products. That I was mildly displeased with a post about a Mustang owners old Prelude he bought was and remains my perogative to indulge and I do not apologize for having an opinion that you don't happen to like, Scott. I suggest that you get over it - and yourself - go play with your GM and Japanese cars and cool off.

Quote:
P.S. -- Don't ban my father from the forum because of me... this will be the last time I post here. If you have something to settle with me I'll see you on superhonda.com
I have no authority to ban anyone and I believe I have responded quite fully to your juvenile little tirade, Scott. Now go play with your toys and leave the folks who actually own and prefer a Mustang to posting about their performance vehicle of choice - on their Mustang site. Thank you.

Boy, the stuff I have to put up with some days!
Old 03-22-2005, 06:06 PM   #16
Paul 69 Mach I
Registered Member

As expected the backlash has arrived. Personally it's deserved, you don't go into someone's home & tell them their wife is ugly. Doesn't matter if it is true or not, you just don't do it.
Sorry I left the computer unattended & sorry it was posted under my screen name. If it occurs again I can guarantee a couple broken legs he'll be sporting. That should slow down his shifting time.
I will say though be careful of the imports, I have one & it is faster than you might think. I love my Mustangs but sure respect some of the other cars out there.
Old 03-22-2005, 08:13 PM   #17
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Boy some of yall should feel dumb.

This thread is 4 years old. I sold that car 3 years ago.

Mr 5.0----As super slow as this site is you shouldnt be picky about any post. 4 years ago when I posted this there were a few members this thread was directed to and you were not one of them.

But thanks for caring.
Old 03-22-2005, 08:28 PM   #18
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr 5 0
I'm sorry to rain on your little Prelude parade but who cares what you do with some old Honda?

This is a Mustang site and posting about some POS Prelude you bought is a bore, if not an insult to our membership. Buy what you want and drive what you wish but don't waste MW's bandwidth bragging about some ricemobile and the NAWWWWWASSSS you wanna stick on the thing to make it get out of it's own way.

I own a Honda too, for transportation, but I don't post here about it because I have more respect for the site. Something you might consider trying.
You might consider trying reading the date of the post and realize this post is 4 years old and some newb brought it back up.

At the time it was posted it was relevant to a few members that used to be on here.

I ended up selling the car for practicly nothing to someone less fortunate.

Dont talk to me about respecting this dead web site. I am probably the most active member on here at this time. I spend most of my time in Windsor power and not cause I need help but to help others.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:10 AM   #19
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

LMAO.....owned by Jim

1998 HD Electra Elide
Old 03-23-2005, 01:27 PM   #20
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tireburner163
LMAO.....owned by Jim

This whole thread is a matter of opinion and I could give a phuck about his.

If the moderators of this site would bother to show up every now and then this thread would have been deleted when it was brought back from the dead.

he will either write a 3 page response trying to defend his very weak position or he will take the easy way out and just not respond either way i could care less.

Anyone that has a problem with this post that I made 4 years ago can suck my root.

Last edited by Dark_5.0; 03-23-2005 at 03:38 PM..
Closed Thread