MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-16-2002, 10:36 AM   #1
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Unhappy I don't know what to call this. Is it extremely sad or just plain funny?

Saddam's "Election"

Man that's one hell of a quick count considering they're all using pieces of paper....
(Man, this low-tech computer balloting thing we have here is too slow. I think Florida should be a test bed for write-in paper balloting!)

Get this:
Quote:
On Tuesday, it was apparent that the vote was different from what most people know in democratic societies. Some voters stuffed bunches of ballots into boxes, saying they represented the votes of their entire families.
Is anyone surprised about the swiftness of the count or the amazing 100% result? Hehe, yea... right...

And people are cheering in the streets! I've come to the conclusion that these folks have just gotten what they deserved. A shitty little tyrant in charge of a spineless, media driven\right-wing miltant religion\government enforced people.

Ahh yes... A lovely little nation with a GREAT leader...

Sometimes I think it might be better just to leave these morons alone and leave them with their shitty 16th century lives while their despotic "president" kills them a few hundred at a time for weapons tests.

This would be pretty funny if it weren't so damn sad....
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2002, 11:31 AM   #2
this is not cbring
Registered Member

if you were an Iraq native living there and you were trying to lead a life and support your loved ones.......

what would you do, hammer?
Old 10-16-2002, 12:15 PM   #3
jj_jonathon
Trisket

the campus paper printed an article about it too...

Quote:
"I came to put my paper in the box and say I don't want America to come here and to say I hate Bush, because he wants to attack me," Ahmed Jawad, a parasitologist, said in a village outside Tikrit."
I completely understand the perspective, but that guy is completely ignorant if he thinks Saddam is there thinking about his people's best interest. America wouldn't need to go there if it wasn't for the guy he voted for and it wasn't for what their country tends to stand for: anti-freedom and hatred.

Quote:
In Tikrit, one stooped Bedouin woman shrouded head to toe in black cloth pushed her way though dancing throngs of Hussein supporters. A vote-organizer stopped the woman, unfolded her ballot to make sure she had checked the "yes" box, noddedand handed the ballot back to her.
Now that is quite the election. Not only do you only get one person to vote for, you are choosing vote "yes" or be punished.

People who stand up for Iraq tend to completely brush off the fact that no one really can live their own life. Women are wrapped up, forbidden from public display; children are taught that hatred is a way of life and that anyone from the Americas should be killed; people can't have an opinion, they're given one....and the list goes on. I do agree, however, that it isn't right to go in there and destroy everyone since there are thousands of people trapped in these countires and would love to live in a land of the free, but on that same note, there are just as many or more in these countries who know nothing but hatred, and would gladly kill hundreds or thousands or people because they were told to. It's scary that human beings can act so stupid and have no real feelings towards other people or nations, but this is how they've been raised and there is no reversing them. I believe turning the country into a parking lot would be beneficial to world safety, but only for the short course, because it could start a chain reaction of "it's ok to destroy a country". Granted they're a major world threat, but the problem is that after this one would be gone, we'd need a new one.

I just don't understand why countries fight on all their citizen's behalves. It's all about power. There should be no such thing. But then we'd be in a perfect world where everyone did the right thing, etc etc. So life goes on, and hopefully we'll survive another day I guess.

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Ricer Hater's Club Member #1/2 (30) http://www.ricehatersclub.com/
jj_jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2002, 12:41 PM   #4
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

They're so stupid it makes me sick.
Old 10-16-2002, 01:24 PM   #5
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

Quote:
All 11,445,638 of the eligible voters cast ballots
Yeeeaaah....right.

The only reason people claim to support Hussein in Iraq is that they are on his payroll or they're scared of getting their balls cut off, their wives raped, or their children murdered by this sick little machiavellian tyrant.

Get a bead on the bastard and pull the trigger for the sake of the entire free world.

--nathan
'91 GT, Coast 347, 9.5:1 compression, full intake, Wolverine 1087 cam, exhaust, Keith Craft ported Windsor Jr. Irons (235 cfm intake, 195 cfm exhaust), AOD, PI 3500 converter, Lentech valve body, 3.73's (4.10's in the works), and Yokohama ES100's out back.

Daily Car: '04 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT
silver_pilate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2002, 02:34 PM   #6
MTU 50
GOT TORQUE ????

That tyrant needs to go and he needs to go soon. He isn't getting younger and his life's mission seems to be destruction of the United States and Israel.

After these weapons inspections fail because of Iraq's lies and doubletalk, we need to eliminate him for good.
190 LPH fuel pump, 3-row radiator,
Maximum Motorsports full length subframes

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada(wife's car)
2005 Ford Taurus SEL (company ride)

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS !!!!
MTU 50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2002, 03:13 PM   #7
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Quote:
if you were an Iraq native living there and you were trying to lead a life and support your loved ones.......
what would you do, hammer?
If I was in my present situation, with a wife and child, the first damn thing I would do is LEAVE. Hell, there are safe zones in the north and the south. Get my family there. Life may be harder that way, but at least we would be free to think and say what we wish....

If I truly BELIEVED in the country of Iraq and its people, I would join the opposition in the safe areas and try to push for the day that madman was taken out of power.

If I didn't give a damn, the category I think most of the Iraqis are, I'd live with my wife and child away from the grasp of that oppressive regime.

I mean, what would happen if we ALL were just trying to live life, without pushing for what was right?

Would we still be an English colony?
Would Blacks still be slaves?

There are times where we have to decide whether we are going to put ourselves out on the line for a cause bigger than ourselves. The line and time is different for every one of us.

I myself will stand up on that wall with a weapon next to every other patriot. Everyone who knows me will affirm that's true.

That is the difference between someone who knows freedom and someone who knows nothing but the butt of a rifle.

Just my opinion...
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2002, 03:42 PM   #8
this is not cbring
Registered Member

that's cool, i respect that.............a lot

sometimes people cast judgements without thinking things through or looking at things from other perspectives
Old 10-16-2002, 03:48 PM   #9
DAN-MAN
Confederate Cowboy

We had a chance to take him out when the other Bush was in office and we didn't. He's got weapons. He's also housing al Quiada and Taliban people and sympathizers. Hussein is a madman and a tyrant. I wish I was the one taking the sob out.

Daniel.

RHC MEMBER #25
DAN-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote