MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-17-2002, 06:41 PM   #1
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Default I Got Arrested Friday Night.

About four o'clock yesterday afternoon, I had a bad feeling. I had many plans for the night. Go have a little fun, throw a few back, find a kid that's been pulling some stuff on me and maybe we'd roll. I just spaced off my bad feeling.

The night was going as planned. I went and ate a Big Mac, large fries, and a 6-piece McNugget out at McDonald's with a couple guys then went and got in with a friend who I had planned on hanging out with. We went and picked up another guy that was going to chill with us.

My cousin has a double sized storage shed, which is a little smaller than a double car garage is, so we headed up there. We get up there, call a few girls and get them up there and we're just having a gay old time.

Then I start getting a little hyper so I give my friend, uhh, we'll say "Bob?" a call and tell him to come talk to me. He had heard that I was wanting to fight him so he started talking a lot of trash to other people, but could never say it to my face. I confronted him a few times about various things and never had a problem with letting him hear what was on my mind.

He then started telling people that he didn't want to fight me and he just wanted to talk. So when I called him, I just said "We don't have to fight, just come talk to me." He comes up there and gets out of his truck. I'm waiting for him outside. I pull off my shirt in case it gets physical and walk up to him. He just stands there and looks at me and won't say a word. I told him that he came up here to talk so let's talk. I started getting pretty pissed, he just stood there like he was tough and smoked a cigarette.

The guys I was hanging out with were good friends of mine, but were also good friends with "Bob" so they didn't want anything to happen. Whenever I got in "Bob's" face they'd pull me back and hold me away from him.

Finally I calmed down a bit, and got myself to back off. He took off like a bat outta hell in his pickup, which is loud as phuck. A couple minutes later, we see a cop on the road next to the storage units, everyone scatters. There was a lot of people and a lot of liquor there. I take off behind one of the sheds, and wait for him to go by, just as I get out of his sight, I move to start making my way downtown. Then another cop pulls up and yells for me to stop. I turn around real quick and start walking the other way. I get around the shed I was at before and start running as fast as I could down the hill. All of a sudden a cop comes from my right and slams on his e-brake right in front of me.

That was my sign to give up. I stopped, put my hands up and he came and cuffed me. Put me in his car and we headed down to the station. I wasn't driving and I didn't have anything on me so I didn't get charged with MIP or DUI. I could have gotten charged for Consumption but I don't think they wanted to take the time.

Since I'm only 17 they had to call my parents and have my dad come pick me up from the station. My parents were extremely irate. But I don't need to go into that.

So I guess nothing serious happened in the end, didn't get charged with anything, don't have to go to court, nothing on my record. So that's a good thing.

I guess I should have listened to my concious on this one. I should've been a little smarter. Live and learn.

Sorry so long.
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2002, 06:51 PM   #2
69fastback
IRAQ VET

dude good thing you didn't get into trouble. It is funny how cops act sometimes. It is like calm on what do you think a bunch of high school kids are going to be doing on a friday night. I know that is all that i ever did in high school. Hope you didn't get into to much trouble with the parents. I know i was always more worried about that then i was the cops.
91 GT
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2002, 07:05 PM   #3
Unit 5302
Registered Member

So let's break this down.

You knock back a few drinks, get roudy, call a guy up who you've been wanting to fight and tell him to come over because you just want to talk. He comes over and you decide to pick a fight with him instead, and dispite the fact "Bob" is friends with a lot of other people there. He eventually gets out of it and takes off, and a few minutes later the cops show up. You flee the cops but they catch you in the long run, and basically call your parents.

Sounds like you had a chance to have a real enjoyable evening and ruined it for yourself and the rest of your friends there by being a hardass and looking for a fight.

Personally, I wouldn't pull that **** again. People that do what you did generally become outsiders after a few ruined get togethers man. Just take it easy, relax a little and have a good time. Take care of what needs to be taken care of outside of fun time, dude.

At least you didn't get into too much trouble.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2002, 07:13 PM   #4
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Leave it to Unit to break it down

Glad to hear it wasnt as bad as it could have been (i.e. rap sheet) and stay out of trouble!!
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2002, 07:19 PM   #5
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Yeah, Unit's got the system down.

I know what I did was stupid. I'll just live with what I did, suffer whatever consequences I'm dealt, and learn from my mistakes.

I can't do much else besides that at this point in time.
Old 03-17-2002, 07:29 PM   #6
Jeb_Bush_2000
Registered Member

I think it's pretty safe to say that if you're underage (under 18, to boot), and you insist on drinking, you should at least try to attract as little attention to yourself as possible.

When your parents kill you, can I have your car?
Jeb_Bush_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2002, 08:18 PM   #7
Maroon 5.0 LX
Registered Member

17 and drinking? Illegal to start with.

Picking a fight when you told the guy you wanted to only talk? Wait 'til the word on that gets around. Your reputaion will drop to zero.

Run from the cops? 'Bout as dumb as you can be. They would spend thousands of dollars to catch your butt. Helicopters, dogs and the whole police force, just because you were stupid to run.

Best you sit down and have a little talk with yourself, because after you're 18, it won't be such a game. Eluding the police to escape capture is really frowned upon by the law, and jail time is usually the result.
Maroon 5.0 LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2002, 08:45 PM   #8
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Unhappy BUMMER! BEN!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jeb_Bush_2000
I
[/QUOTE
********BBBWWWHHHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAH!!********
Too funny Jeb!

Hey Ben, that bites....but ya, I think a lesson can be learned!!!! You are VERY lucky that its not something that will be on your record....IT could've been bad. I'm glad things worked out okay...I'm sure your parents arent gonna be REAL happy for a while.... but, you sound like you are sensible enough to have learned from it...
But, that stuff happens to everyone. NO matter how old you are!!!!! We just gotta learn by our mistakes!
Glad your okay and everything is cool!
BTW: If you dont wanna leave your car to Jeb, I'll take it!!!!
Take care, and stay out of trouble!!!! Christine

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2002, 08:47 PM   #9
Jeb_Bush_2000
Registered Member

Oh, I forgot about that. Running from the cops is called "Felony Evasion", and...it's a felony. If they know you're over 18, they can whack you with a baton and toss you in the drunk tank. THEN you get to have fun going to court.
Jeb_Bush_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2002, 08:50 PM   #10
srv1
Get down.....

Exclamation

6t9 is 17. 17 acting like a 17 year old. 17 yr old male drinking wants to fight. authorities show up. runs for cover got nabbed. sounds like a typical 17 yr old thing to me. you lucked out big time, 6T9! oh well, been there, done that, nothing to brag about. at least you didnt get into a fight and then the authorities showed up! like i said, you lucked out. so whats on the agenda for next weekend? keg party? can i come?
Old 03-17-2002, 09:49 PM   #11
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Quote:
I suppose.....

Maroon- Man...I must be the worst kid on earth to have even THOUGHT about drinking while I'm underage, huh? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight......

First of all, we both wanted to talk. He showed up, I was calm. He didn't say a word, I got ticked. Got in his face a little, then people got me away from him. My reputation will drop to zero? Are you on crack?

And no, they won't pull out helicoptors and dogs to catch me over something like this. Trust me. I know our cops and their abilities and tendencies. They would have asked people who I was, and the next time I was pulled over or field contacted for some reason or another they would have asked me about it then. It would be less of a deal then than it is now.

Another kid that took off and got caught got to walk away from the police station because he was 18. I was only 17 so they had to call my parents.
Old 03-17-2002, 09:55 PM   #12
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

I wonder what burner will have to say about this....

I can't wait.....

Old 03-17-2002, 10:06 PM   #13
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Maroon 5.0 LX, I think your over reacting a tad. Almost every one drank at some point in their teen years. Also sounds to me like "Bob" was pissed a Ben and started talkin ****, but couldn't back it up. So he THEN wanted to talk.

Next time Pony, find a spot closer to a heavly wooded area. Woods make great hiding places.(not that I would know)

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2002, 11:07 PM   #14
Maroon 5.0 LX
Registered Member

Did I sound a little harsh? I intended to. Yep, I did a little drinkin' when I was a teen, but that was many, many years ago, before most of you folks were even a glint in your parent's eyes. I was always a happy drinker, never wanting to go out and kick someone's butt just for the heck of it.

Today is different. Cops don't mess around, they are serious. They some times shoot a little too quick.

I was an invincable teen ager like most of you guys. I was fortunate to survive to a ripe old age. I was never in trouble with the police except for maybe a traffic ticket.

Many teens nowadays don't survive, because they do things that the cops don't tolerate.
6T9PONY, I read in the paper everyday about teens running from the law, with the results being far from your little escapade. I just don't care to log on here one day and see a "RIP" article about one of you.
Maroon 5.0 LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2002, 01:33 AM   #15
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Maroon 5.0 LX
Did I sound a little harsh? I intended to. Yep, I did a little drinkin' when I was a teen, but that was many, many years ago, before most of you folks were even a glint in your parent's eyes. I was always a happy drinker, never wanting to go out and kick someone's butt just for the heck of it.

Today is different. Cops don't mess around, they are serious. They some times shoot a little too quick.

I was an invincable teen ager like most of you guys. I was fortunate to survive to a ripe old age. I was never in trouble with the police except for maybe a traffic ticket.

Many teens nowadays don't survive, because they do things that the cops don't tolerate.
6T9PONY, I read in the paper everyday about teens running from the law, with the results being far from your little escapade. I just don't care to log on here one day and see a "RIP" article about one of you.
Okay, so now you have the right to tear people up for being exactly like yourself when you were a kid? Also, when did Western Nebraska become Southern Maryland? I would be willing to wager your experience with cops is pretty limited in scope. By the way, might want to pull out a law book. Fleeing while in a motor vehicle when having reason to believe the police are attempting to stop you is felony fleeing. On foot is a TOTALLY different law, and last I checked, it is NOT a felony.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2002, 06:08 AM   #16
RAGE_5.0
Registered Member

Good one Ben. I got breathalized on thursday night but wasn't drinking.We always drink at a friends house or in my one friends bush.

Maroon man why don't you get off his back? Whats wrong with drinknig when your 17??? I've been drinking for a few years now and why is it wrong??? Because the government says it is? Is that a good reason not to drink? NO.

When teenagers are sitting around like Ben and his friends are there is absolutley nothing wrong with that. I could see if they were out driving, but they were clearly not doing that.

Just lay off of him because you admitted doing the same thing when you were 17. What makes you so damn special???
Old 03-18-2002, 10:27 AM   #17
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Quote:
Originally posted by Maroon 5.0 LX
[B]Did I sound a little harsh? I intended to. Yep, I did a little drinkin' when I was a teen, but that was many, many years ago, before most of you folks were even a glint in your parent's eyes. I was always a happy drinker, never wanting to go out and kick someone's butt just for the heck of it.

Yeah dude...chill the hell out. Since you know teenagers SO well, you should already acknowledge that its pretty rare for a 17 year old boy to sincerely say what he did was wrong, and move on with new knowledge, right? Thought so. 69pony is a pretty damn good kid by today's standards.

Southern Maryland? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Eastern shore OR western shore, there ain't **** past Waldorf unless you count farm animals. I almost made the mistake of going to St. Mary's College...population 1200 including the nearest gas station 5 miles away...I really doubt the law force in them parts is a source of experience for you to be wielding like a bad father in this thread.

I don't know you and we've never spoken, but you came in on this thread and tried to make the guy feel bad for something he ALREADY acknowledged was stupid, and that he was glad he made it through as easy as he did...I'm sure his parents already took care of the speech for you.

Rage:

I'm sure we've all done some underage drinking, but just because everyone does it doesn't necassarily make it any more OK. Sure, I think its stupid that a citizen can die for his country at 18, but can't drink until he is 21, but that's the way it is, and better to keep quiet about it rather than catch hell from the 5.0
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2002, 12:19 PM   #18
7000rpmisheaven
Registered Member

I'll second that. He already acknowledged that it was stupid. Everyone makes mistakes. It is better to learn from mistakes at 17 then it is as 18.
milodon water pump, FMS 9mm wires, aluminum driveshaft, king cobra clutch
7000rpmisheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2002, 05:36 PM   #19
Ty'97Cobra
Registered Member

Arrow

Don't do anything that will get you arrested. Especially if you are over 18. That will stick on your record for a long time. That means, if you are filling out a job application, you have to place a 'yes' on the box that says you've been arrested. If you don't 99.9% of the companies will run a check on you. If they find you have been arrested and you checked 'no' on that box, they don t have to hire you. (Falsified application).

Just think of your future. I will wager $$ that in 10 years you will not be hanging with the same people you are hanging with now. So all of that "he said-she said" BS is just that. BS.

#2459 of 5082

Visit my city http://diggstown.myminicity.com/

Ty'97Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 12:56 AM   #20
69fastback
IRAQ VET

Wow this is crazy. It sounds like a typical night for any 17 year old kid to me. I would hate to tell people on here all the things that i did when i was that age damn i would never hear the end of it. I just got lucky and never got caught. Hell it sounds like you had a fun night to me if you didn't get caught that is. I have never found anything wrong with drinking some and getting into a fight. Hell we even had a fight club while i was in korea. Yes a fight club just like in the movie.
91 GT
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote