MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-04-2002, 12:53 AM   #1
The Deuce
Registered Member

Thumbs up I love Minnesota!

I got back Sunday afternoon from spending a week in the cities. Ok, so I was in Wisconsin for part of the week playing on some lake. But I had a blast.

Didn't see one riced out import the whole week. Did see three big Mopars and a number of Mustangs. People were way nicer than in LA, and there was about 700k in both Minneapolis and St Paul.

I must say I was a fan of the area before I spent an evening of dinner and dancing with some of the local girls. After that I was a big fan of the area.

Now I'm playing catch up on sleep and at work. But I had to share my excitement about my trip with y'all and I am really looking forward to hitting the road with my Cobra, although it's two years away.

Sorry this is kind of rambly but there is a lot of country out there, and I'm itching to see it. Are the people outside CA as nice as I found in MN, or are Minnesotans freakishly nice people?

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2002, 09:24 AM   #2
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Smile Those mid-west farmers daughters really make you feel alright!

I've been around a lot of the country and most folks are pretty decent outside of New York and L.A.

Southerners are generally pleasant and warm if a bit clannish. Texans are a bit over-the-top sometimes but good-hearted. New Englanders are fairly uptight and aloof and New Yorkers are good people (I grew up there) but very aggressive and can come off as rude if you're not used to the 'New York attitude'.

Midwesterners are generally very pleasant folks - especially the women - at least in my experience.

Did you know that the guy voted MW's biggest PITA was Unit 5302 (Kell) - who's from Minnasoooota (as Gov. Ventura says it). Go figure.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2002, 06:19 PM   #3
Unit 5302
Registered Member

And most sarcastic, and most likely to start a flame war!

There are some really cool people here. jimberg, and fordgasm pop right up in my head. Should have dropped us a line, might have been able to hook up. Though I've never met those guys and I only live like 15min away.

I was at an all day paintball war on Saturday. Still sore even today. 5hrs of non-stop running, crowching, jogging, etc. It was a blast, I took most of the hits in the noggin.

Too bad you didn't come a week earlier while the cherry tree's were all blooming and the lilacs were brighter. Really nice here sometimes.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2002, 02:49 AM   #4
The Deuce
Registered Member

Smile

Yeah, I should have let you guys know I was coming up there. I was pretty much stuck following our crowd around all week, though I did get to escape for about an hour in a rented focus.

If all works out, I will be back up there probably in the winter. (Trying to work my majic on one of the ladies from the wedding) I don't know if it will fly, or if she will for that matter, because I'm trying to convince her to come play in the Pacific with me

Have to wonder if they knocked any sense into you Unit. I hope not too much.

Anyhow, if y'all make it down to southern California, I'll show you what the fuss is all aboot.

Old 06-05-2002, 02:58 AM   #5
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

oh mr 5.0 what is this about midwestern woman , heheh, sorry i had to bust you on that one, uuuhhmm explanation? just joking hey us southerners are nice, unless you pop off with an attitude, then forget it. btw i am married to a yankee-nj type, but she's a sweety, i love her. uh oh i guess im booted off here now

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2002, 06:50 PM   #6
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Southern girls rule.

Hey, just because I'm hostile doesn't mean I don't have any sense. Got that pal? Hehehe.
Old 06-05-2002, 06:51 PM   #7
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Hehehe. Oh, coming here in the winter is risky business. Could fly in to -20* highs or two foot snow dumps. Heh.
Old 06-06-2002, 01:26 AM   #8
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Unit 5302
Southern girls rule.

Hey, just because I'm hostile doesn't mean I don't have any sense. Got that pal? Hehehe.
heheh, for some reason unit southern girls didnt work out for me, i had better luck with northern girls, or when i was in europe, it was spanish girl's, oh crap i better hush, oh well i WAS single then, spain rules,

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2002, 01:45 AM   #9
The Deuce
Registered Member

Quote:
Hehehe. Oh, coming here in the winter is risky business. Could fly in to -20* highs or two foot snow dumps. Heh.
Can't imagine it would be much worse than Buffalo (my birthplace - Go Bills!). Anyone I tell about my affection for the area, and some of the people, tell me I wouldn't be able to handle the winter. The fact is, there are some people there (one in particular) that being 2,000 miles away from kind of sucks. Actually you could make that 200 (or 20) and that would still be too far.

It's like Mr. 5.0 said, "Midwesterners are generally very pleasant folks - especially the women "

Ok, I'll shut up know, before I get myself into trouble. As long as the plane will land out there don't really care if get stuck there for some extra time. Being snowed in can be fun, you konw

Old 06-08-2002, 07:39 AM   #10
fordgasm
Registered Member

Quote:
There are some really cool people here. jimberg, and fordgasm pop right up in my head. Should have dropped us a line, might have been able to hook up. Though I've never met those guys and I only live like 15min away.
Hey Unit....American Ford is having their annual all Mustang show this Sunday (6-9), it runs from around 9 to 3. It's totally free and a pretty good show. Anyway, I'll be there all day showing my car, if you have the time stop in and look me up, 87 GT with T-Tops and a street wise performance windshield banner, can't miss me, I'm the guy with no hair on my wedge. Jim Berg will probably be there also, at least the last time I talked with him he had planned on going.

Oh yeah, Deuce, your right, MN is great, well, at least in the summer it is Although it looks like I might be relocating to North Carolina this fall, I bet one summer down there and I'll be praying for some of that MN winter
Old 06-08-2002, 09:30 AM   #11
jimberg
Registered Member

Yep, I'll definitely be there tomorrow. The weather looks like it's going to be perfect, too. I may even be hitting the car show at Red Rooster in Crystal today. Unit, you better show up tomorrow.

Minnesota is a great place to live. It has its problems, but the good stuff outweighs the bad.
Old 06-08-2002, 01:21 PM   #12
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jimberg
Yep, I'll definitely be there tomorrow. The weather looks like it's going to be perfect, too. I may even be hitting the car show at Red Rooster in Crystal today. Unit, you better show up tomorrow.

Minnesota is a great place to live. It has its problems, but the good stuff outweighs the bad.
Very well.... I shall show. I'm warning you guys right now. The rumors are true. I'm actually a robot that spends the entire day on the internet. I'll have to get my online girlfriend to throw my processor in a wagon and haul me down there in the trunk of the car. LOL.

Seriously, any time frames you guys plan to be there?

Later,

Kell
Old 06-08-2002, 04:07 PM   #13
jimberg
Registered Member

Yeah, good question. Steve, what time is judging? I was thinking of getting there about 2 hours before they present the awards.
Old 06-08-2002, 07:41 PM   #14
fordgasm
Registered Member

Well, last year they handed out awards around 3 or so as I recall....
Old 06-08-2002, 09:49 PM   #15
Sknight579
Registered Member

If your in Texas, the attitude of the people differs from place to place, we're a BIG state.

Now in West Texas (were I live) almost everyone is as friendly to you as they can be, but thats not always the case.

Generally in the Big cities like El Paso, Dallas, Houston or San Antonio (where i was born)the pople are nice, sometimes tempermental.

STAY AWAY FROM AUSTIN, as much as I like the city, the people are well...... abounch of Politicains. But the city is great looking, but as the saying goes don't judge a book by it's cover.

Almost everywhere you go in Texas people will be kind, but don't try and take away our guns, or (in some places) mention your from California, they Might run ya out of town, J/K

Lots of Fords and Chevy's driven Texas Streets, not alot of that crap from Asia.
Sknight579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2002, 12:56 AM   #16
The Deuce
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Sknight579

STAY AWAY FROM AUSTIN, as much as I like the city, the people are well...... abounch of Politicains. But the city is great looking, but as the saying goes don't judge a book by it's cover.

Almost everywhere you go in Texas people will be kind, but don't try and take away our guns, or (in some places) mention your from California, they Might run ya out of town, J/K

Lots of Fords and Chevy's driven Texas Streets, not alot of that crap from Asia.
Don't I have to hit Austin if I want to hook up with Jenna? I thought A&M was there.

As far as telling people I'm from CA, I don't like doing that HERE. So people who's car is slower that mine will know (the plate) and that's about it. I have two prez (W and Heston) so don't sweat me grabbing guns.

I still figure just about anywhere other than here is going to have nicer people. But that's enough lamenting about the sad state of this state for now.

Old 06-09-2002, 01:16 AM   #17
Mach 1
Registered Member

Well, I have to hand it to Mr 5.0 once again.

I have lived in 5 different states (Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, New York and Georgia) and have visted and traveled through just about every other state, and I find his general description to be extremely accurate.

Mid-western woman are the best (yes, even better than southern woman) New Yorkers will give you the shirt off their backs, but they can be extremely rude and cold if you dont know them.

My favorite city is still Pittsburgh PA. Its not to big and not to small. Has all the "big city amenities" with a "small town atmoshpere and freindliness". It is the best of both worlds.
RHC member #142
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2002, 04:20 AM   #18
srv1
Get down.....

Default NY? dont mess with!

anyone got a problem with New Yorkers? i will personally break your kneecaps if you do! got that? capeche? haha, j/k
Old 06-09-2002, 10:57 AM   #19
Mach 1
Registered Member

lmao...good one!
RHC member #142
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2002, 09:04 PM   #20
The Deuce
Registered Member

srv - I am originally from upstate. Have been a Bills fan through the good years and the bad. Anyone who disses the city, or the state out here gets dealt with. Where is Binghole?