View Single Post
Old 09-30-2005, 11:00 AM   #1
MLMike25
Registered Member

Talking I got Mustang love from a motorcycle cop??? WTF?

So I'm driving to work and I get pulled over by a stationary cycle cop (thanks radar detector BTWsad and he asks for my info. He shows me the radar that says I was doing 56 in a 45. ("Big deal" I say to myself) He then asks me what year my car is... I tel him 93. So, he walks around to the back of my car and checks my tag... its expired, but I show him my new registration ticket (I was just too lazy to remove my plate cover and put the sticker on... it only expired a few days ago and I was trying to wait until the weekend to put it on when I wash my car).

So, he tells me that he's gonna "see if he can help me out..." I said ok, but saw that he was STILL writing out a ticket. I said to myself, "how much 'help' can he be giving me, he's still writing the ticket." He walks back over to my car and tells me that he's overlooking the speeding, and overlooking the registration expired, but he's giving me a ticket for not having the registration on... which will be reduced to $7.50 if I physically show my proof of registration within 30 days... and NO points on my license!

He says that when mustangs were being used by the Florida Highway Patrol, he drove 3 of them, but the 93 was his favorite b/c of the top end speed.

I ALWAYS thought that it was a job requirement for motorcycle cops to be azzh0les, but i was pleasantly surprised by this guy. I can't help but wonder if he would've let me go scott-free if i did put the sticker on my plate when I got it... prolly not. He got to write out a ticket for his quota but give a mustang guy a break at the same time. Win-win!