MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-30-2005, 11:00 AM   #1
MLMike25
Registered Member

Talking I got Mustang love from a motorcycle cop??? WTF?

So I'm driving to work and I get pulled over by a stationary cycle cop (thanks radar detector BTWsad and he asks for my info. He shows me the radar that says I was doing 56 in a 45. ("Big deal" I say to myself) He then asks me what year my car is... I tel him 93. So, he walks around to the back of my car and checks my tag... its expired, but I show him my new registration ticket (I was just too lazy to remove my plate cover and put the sticker on... it only expired a few days ago and I was trying to wait until the weekend to put it on when I wash my car).

So, he tells me that he's gonna "see if he can help me out..." I said ok, but saw that he was STILL writing out a ticket. I said to myself, "how much 'help' can he be giving me, he's still writing the ticket." He walks back over to my car and tells me that he's overlooking the speeding, and overlooking the registration expired, but he's giving me a ticket for not having the registration on... which will be reduced to $7.50 if I physically show my proof of registration within 30 days... and NO points on my license!

He says that when mustangs were being used by the Florida Highway Patrol, he drove 3 of them, but the 93 was his favorite b/c of the top end speed.

I ALWAYS thought that it was a job requirement for motorcycle cops to be azzh0les, but i was pleasantly surprised by this guy. I can't help but wonder if he would've let me go scott-free if i did put the sticker on my plate when I got it... prolly not. He got to write out a ticket for his quota but give a mustang guy a break at the same time. Win-win!
Old 09-30-2005, 12:26 PM   #2
HoodStrype
Rearview Mirror Haze

Default Re: I got Mustang love from a motorcycle cop??? WTF?

Holy crap! The last comment I got on my Mustang was, "Put a good coat of wax on it and put it in the garage 'cause you ain't gonna be driving for awhile!"

I think he was jealous
He got me for racing two hot girls in a 92 GT conv and gave them a ticket for speeding! He asked them if I was bothering them... THEY WON THE RACE! They were ahead of me! (Sad to say but mine was a stock 86) Oh well, his case didn't hold up in court anyway and I got off with driving school

I wish I had the luck you did!

...the epitome of Murphy's Law
HoodStrype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 01:45 PM   #3
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

I think it's a Florida thing.
I've never gotten a ticket in the Stang, but I've gotten plenty in the Olds. Every time I've ever been pulled over in the Stang, even for tickets I deserved, the cop starts asking about the car and I wind up getting a warning and that's it. Every time. I've really deserved a few, too!
Old 10-01-2005, 08:41 PM   #4
Capri306

That's it, I'm moving to Florida, hurricanes and crazy people be damned.

1979 Mercury Capri
1987 5.0L Mustang LX Notchback
1993 5.8L Eddie Bauer Bronco
Capri306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 08:52 PM   #5
redsn95vert
Registered Member

I think it is a Florida thing.....I used to live in Tampa. One night I was coming home from work in Clearwater Beach and got cought doing 65 in a 35 leaving the beach (had a little too much to drink after work) and only got ticketed for 44. It was one of the luckiest nights I've had.
95 GT convertable, ported+polished GT40 heads, port matched upper and lower Cobra intake manifold, Flowthech headers, Catco hi-flow h-pipe with 2 hi-flow cats, Mac true fit catback exhaust, 3.73 gears, underdrive pullies, Edelbrock 70mm throttle body, Mac cold air intake, FMS 24lb injectors, Granatelli 75mm mass air
redsn95vert is offline   Reply With Quote