MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-27-2002, 11:16 AM   #1
#1 Pony
Registered Member

Default I NEED ALL input on this, PLEASE!!!

I've got a school project and I need all of your input. _
_
Why are you into cars?
Have you been into cars your whole life or just reccently, could you explain why?
You like racing or are you just a fan?
What type of racing do you like and why?
If you street race what are the cautions of it and what are some stupid things you know people do?
What's you fav Domestic or Import?
You like rice cars, why?
You like rice people, why?
Know any information about nitrous, you use it, what type
(wet/dry)? Your Pro/cons of different kits?
You modify your car, light, medium, or heavy?
What are some of the best and worst products and why?
_
_
That's all I have for now, also tell me is you want me to use your screen name, fake name or real name. _
Thanks everyone!!!!!
#1 Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 12:45 PM   #2
DAN-MAN
Confederate Cowboy

Quote:
originally posted by #1 pony
I've got a school project and I need all of your input. _
_
Why are you into cars?
Have you been into cars your whole life or just reccently, could you explain why?
If you street race what are the cautions of it and what are some stupid things you know people do?
You like rice cars, why?
_
_
That's all I have for now, also tell me is you want me to use your screen name, fake name or real name. _
Thanks everyone!!!!!
Here's my answers:

Why are you into cars? Cause I like them, alot.\

Have you been into cars your whole life or just reccently, could you explain why? Most of my life.

You like racing or are you just a fan? I like drag racing and plan on competing next year.

What type of racing do you like and why? Drag racing. Going around in a circle all the time is just boring to watch.

If you street race what are the cautions of it and what are some stupid things you know people do? I don't street race. It's dumb I think.

What's you fav Domestic or Import? domestic. most imports suck.

You like rice cars, why? No.

You like rice people, why? No, I've never met any good ones yet.

(wet/dry)? Your Pro/cons of different kits? I don't know much about n2o. I have a small understanding of it and how it works. I might use it on my car in the future.

You modify your car, light, medium, or heavy? Light right now, but it will change in the future.

What are some of the best and worst products and why? Neon lights that ricers put on there cars. Foglamps.

Hoep this helps.

Daniel.

RHC MEMBER #25
DAN-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 01:45 PM   #3
The Deuce
Registered Member

I'll give them numbers to make it easier.

1. Because I can't think of living life a different way. They just make sense.
2. My whole life and then some. We've been a car family for generations, I guess I'm lucky that way.
3. I like racing, and I'm a fan. If I'm not doing it or working on a car, I'd rather be watching Speedvision.
4. I like it all. Grew up focused on SCCA type open track, now I'm beginning to appreciate the art of Drag racing more, as I get more first hand experience.
5. "Street racing" is stupid. There is a difference between cruising and finding a race, and going to a 'race scene'. The latter is too risky. I will only run on a street I know fairly well, both where people would come out, and where cops will hide, and I never do it very long 1/8 mile maybe.
6. The Mustangs, Cobra's, Deuce, Fairlane and Falcon. Imports, Sunbeams and Porches.
7. No. Z cars are a different story. They're true road machines.
8. No.
9. Very little. I know to stay away from it on my motors, because I don't want to blow them up. Wet mixes with the gas, dry shoots into the cylender, I think. Foggers go through the injectors? I'm just trying to reason through the descriptions there.
10. Always at least a little. Looking for a car to go heavy into..
11. Best: Koni's, the ultimate shock. Worst: Platinum plugs, I've never actually have a car run better with them. The reputation to performance is so far out of whack, it sullies my opinion of them.

You can use my real or screen name. Mike or The Deuce. The latter is an old nickname.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 02:58 PM   #4
TransAm86
Registered Member

Why are you into cars?
- Driving a decent car makes me feel good

- For 4 years. I'm now 20. My theory is that everyone needs a father figure. Having none at all since I was born, my father figure began with hockey, then when I quit that, I got into cars. I have now resumed playing hockey so my interest towards cars as diminished a little.

You like racing or are you just a fan? Like I said before, I like the feeling of driving. So like more to participate than watch.

What type of racing do you like and why? For me, drag racing is more impressive.

If you street race what are the cautions of it and what are some stupid things you know people do? I beleive there is a place called a track/strip that is intended for racing. But I dont deny people that do street race as for I have some friends who do it; I chose not to participate.

Domestic

You like rice cars, why? No, posing ain't my thing!

I beleive that there a 2 categories of rice people; the true rice fanatic and the beginner that will soon realize what he's into and therefore convert. It's like religion. They should be allowed to beleive what they want.

I would only buy a wet kit for main power adder. I would use a dry kit for secondary purposes. EI: with turbo or S/C.

Now. Light

I beleive in Edelbrock.
I have had fitment issues with headmen's headders and y-pipes.
I'm scared or buying used heads. Beware! Problems can set you back for a long time, thus creating a mental depression

My name is Nik, AKA, TransAm86
Old 11-27-2002, 04:42 PM   #5
this is not cbring
Registered Member

Q: Why are you into cars?
A: I really don't know, it just happened. I can't imagine feeling any other way

Q: Have you been into cars your whole life or just reccently, could you explain why?
A: My whole life. All the adults used to marvel at how I'd memorize the different makes and models when i was about 4. My enthusiasm for cars kinda slacked off when I started school, but the potential of driving really renewed my interested around the age of 15.

Q: You like racing or are you just a fan?
A: I like autocrossing and kart racing. I am yet to drag race at the track, but plan to start in the spring. One of my goals for 2003 is to attend some sort of racing school.

Q: What type of racing do you like and why?
A: Road racing. I like curves.

Q: If you street race what are the cautions of it and what are some stupid things you know people do?
A: I like to "run" with people, but I never get involved in high speed "races." Many people out there don't seem to understand or care about how easy it is to make a mistake and how dangerous that mistake can prove to be.

Q: What's you fav Domestic or Import?
A: It really depends on the specific car. I like anything with adequate power that takes a turn well.

Q: You like rice cars, why?
A: What is a rice car?

Q: You like rice people, why?
A: I find that question inappropriate. What do you mean by rice people?

Q: Know any information about nitrous, you use it, what type
A: I'm not much of a drag race kind of guy. I like to spend my money on things that I can enjoy more frequently.

Q: You modify your car, light, medium, or heavy?
A: Light right now, but I've only had my daily driver for about 8 months and the payments still hurt and my project car for about 6 weeks.

Q: What are some of the best and worst products and why?
A: Best: Autotech sway bars (for volkswagen) and for domestics, I like what I've experienced with Edlebrock and Comp Cams. Worst: Plastic diverter valves for turbos.

edit: you can use my screen name if you like.
Old 11-27-2002, 05:48 PM   #6
Janeofalltrades

Jane's view: Answers are directly after the question....

Why are you into cars? - Like engineering and machines.

Have you been into cars your whole life or just reccently, could you explain why? Most my life. My dad was a machinist and aerospace engineer and he liked to "tinker". I was his biggest fan and I wanted to be just like him.

You like racing or are you just a fan? Both...

What type of racing do you like and why? Informal "off the line" street...not above posted limits and not against cars I fundamentally know will smoke me... Exhiliration. Fight or flight reaction. Feels good!

If you street race what are the cautions of it and what are some stupid things you know people do? A mutual consent to take a line at a light up to posted speed, nothing exhibitionist. Up to limit and back off.... I won't comment on stuipid. That is a personal issue and not for me to approve or condone.

What's you fav Domestic or Import? Like both. Favorite is a Mustang. Love German Engineering. Audis/BMWs/Mercedes?Porsche. It's "all good" as long as it is engineered well and the vehicle is applicible to the use/intent. Race, Family, tour, 4x4 etc.

You like rice cars, why? Don't like this term or commenting on it much. What someone does with their car is as personal as how you style your hair or the clothes you wear. Not my issue. I wouldn't allow my son to use savings or college money to purchase a $1,200 body kit on a $1,000 car or make irresponsible modifications to the vehicle that would void a warranty or that wouldn't be insured.

You like rice people, why? No comment.

(wet/dry)? Your Pro/cons of different kits? Can be volatile if not handled properly. Havn't been interested in it for my daily driver.

You modify your car, light, medium, or heavy? light.

What are some of the best and worst products and why? This is a wide open question. Application will determine product. Best and Worst can vary by product, by company. Really depends on the quality of the engineering for the cost and whether or not the product purchased is installed properly and stands up to the marketing.
_
Hope this helps in your research. Actually, most of us are certified nuts about our cars. It's a Ford Family thing! Henry would be proud.....LOL

Jennifer
aka Jane of all Trades
Old 11-27-2002, 06:29 PM   #7
NotchJohnson
Registered Member

1. Its a good productive hobby.
2. Ive been into cars since I can remember, my dad has always had some kind of a "hot rod" around
3.Both
4. all types, car, boat, airboat, swamp buggy, atv,ect.
5.I dont go excessive speeds around town, ill race someone to 55 or 60 but thats it. A perfect example of a stupic thing is the damn ricers who do 110mph fly-bys despite a 45mph speed limit and moderate traffic.
6.Domestic indefinitely. The only imports i like are the ferraris and all that other jazz none of us can pay for. If its got a 4-cyl its not for me.
7.are you kidding?no. why? slow, annoying, ugly, did i mention annoying?
8.no. why? this is a bling bling. nuff said
9.I have a dry kit on my car. I know its pretty safe if you use it correctly. Such as colder plugs, timing, proper fuel pressure,ect. I also know that is bad@ss!
10. light for now, but medium in a month
11.best products - parts that make you quicker, worst products-fart cans, wings, neons and clear lenses.
later, John
Old 11-27-2002, 07:58 PM   #8
Mustanguy

Cool

Why are you into cars?
Fun hobby,meet alotta new people,challenging as well

Have you been into cars your whole life or just recently, could you explain why?
Yup my whole life

You like racing
Yes I love the adrenaline rush

Drag racing for the most part,helped alot in circle track racing for awhile,got tired of the fixing dents every weekend

If you street race
Don't street race much

Domestic

You like rice cars, why?
You like rice people, why

I don't classify people with this whole "rice" phobia,I get along with everyone majority of the time.

Don't use it myself,but many people do and love it.

Medium at this point

Janeofalltrades answered this question perfectly

This is a wide open question. Application will determine product. Best and Worst can vary by product, by company. Really depends on the quality of the engineering for the cost and whether or not the product purchased is installed properly and stands up to the marketing.

_
Old 11-27-2002, 08:20 PM   #9
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

Why are you into cars?
Its alot of fun, passes time away, meet alot of good people

Yes, i have been reading magazines and memorizing statistics for longer than i can remember. My dad was always into mustangs and it probably rubbed off on me

I have yet to run on a track yet. I will be soon if parts of my car stop breaking

I mainly am into drag racing but road racing looks like alot of fun too

Ive never come across anyone wanting to race me on the street. I believe street racing can be done correctly using spotters and blocking off lightly populated roads. This however can only be done very late at night. Many people around here do it in broad day;light on populated streets. the problem also is my local track is only an 1/8 mile and isnt even a real track. its a portion of the parking lot at qualcomm stadium that at most is open only friday nights. this is not enough time.

Domestics, but i like European cars and respect anything fast
You like rice cars, why?
I dont like cars that are riced out as in have ugly body kits wings etc on cars that werent made to be performance cars. This is not only imports its domestics too. There are plenty of japanese cars that are very nice and fast (skylines, silvias, supras etc)
Most "ricers" i have encountered do not no anything about cars. My friends and i have tried to tell them the truth but alot of the time they dont listen. Import enthusiasts are not "rice people"

never used it, dont know a whole lot about it
light as my daily driver for now. Eventually i want to build it up possibly as a road racer

I have alot of respect for JBA headers and Edelbrock and Trick Flow. I dont have much experience with bad parts
1987 Toyota Pickup
Ricer Haters Club Member #33

Want a custom gauge cluster for your Vintage Mustang?
www.jmeenterprises.com
MidNiteBlu 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 08:21 PM   #10
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Why are you into cars?
Keeps me out of the house and out of the wife's hair

Have you been into cars your whole life or just recently, could you explain why?
Ever since I joined the service. A buddy got me into Mustangs.

You like racing
Definately

Drag Racing, NASCAR

If you street race
Not very often. I prefer the track.

Domestic

You like rice cars, why? If you are speaking of imports in general, there are some imports that I like. It's the 20 inch cambered-out wheels and 8 foot wings on stock Civics I have a problem with.

You like rice people, why
Generally not. Most I have run into are generally much younger than I and have a warped view of reality..... But hey, so did I when I was 17...

A dry kit with a small shot is usually safer to use on a near stock car.

Medium

Best: True exhaust products like H\X-pipes, gears, and a shifter

Worst: Cold air kits and large exhaust tips
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 09:12 PM   #11
0h n0 5.0
Registered Member

Why are you into cars?

beats drugs, alcohol, tobacco.

I think all people are into cars, it jus takes certain incidents to fuel that fire for, "love of cars". i'm no mechanic, i'm an artist first off, an I derive beauty and happiness from the sheer aspect of creation. music, art, sandwiches.. whatever.. I can't stand being normal or leaving things alone. I love to create, scheme, dream.. to shake up people's perceptions of beauty and to push the limits of what "possibility" actually is. my uncle is into cars, has a 69 Torino Gt, several choppers..really knows his stuff. Got into mustangs strictly through one incident, a high school buddy of mine took me for a ride in his GT..i was hooked. The sound, the look.. I knew i had to have one.

some, strictly 1/4 mile. it jus seems more psychology and talent go into piloting 2000 horses down a thin strip of asphult at 300 mph..than goin around in circles for 500 laps.. but to each his own..

NHRA, IHRA, bracket racing.

the problems as old as cars themselves. ignorance. racing in heavy traffic, adverse weather conditions, limited visibility.. its sheer common sense, but people throw that out the window when it comes to the reputation of "pride". I don't provoke invitations. but its tempting tho. I'll wax you if you come lookin for a fight, but i'm not out lookin for trouble either. i got other things to do than waste the gas on humiliating the loser in a honda with the 80,000 watts of lights. theres no challenge there, an thus no great reward for obtaining the obvious.

domestic, we created this sport, these lil import kids need to respect the founders of true automotive performance. but I believe we are in the turning of the tide, the tuners, the industry. the business of automotive performance...its moving forward. the technology of import performace is truly amazing. its the future of our sport, due to the the depletion of worldwide oil as a commercial source of power, cubic inches will be replaced one day with something. its sad, but true...

but a Honda civic never was, has never been, or will ever be a race car.

You like rice cars, why?

no, the people who drive them usually are trying to imitate faster cars with real power, but are usually executed all wrong, stepping out side the relatively sound factory design for something god only knows what "beauty" means is in the eyes of the driver of the said vehicle. there are cars for track duty, show duty, an specialty competitions.. you can mix an match, but have to compromise in places for more of one said division.

jerks are jerks, i don't care what you drive. the developing trend seems to be that the people who drive these abominations are imitating the popular culture, but lack the sufficent know-how, talent, or money to obtain the idea they have in their head of the "dream" car...i want to say that 90% of it has to do with money. other wise you'd see flocks of 8 second cars on the roads

not really. i think its amazing technology. wet systems, solenoids, its gotten so high tech. i beleive the n20 when sprayed supercools the engine allowing for very cold dense air for combustion and thus more power. i 'd love it, i know. probably use it in combination with supercharging. its important you got a strong stout engine, drivetrain other wise it'll rip yer block apart peice by peice.

as much as money allows. thats why its a hobby. your not supposed to get done fast. i think you plan to go heavy, but money is a huge factor. I try an concetrate on a specific area,(SUSPENSION, ENGINE etc.) obtaining parts and replace that entire area at one time. so your not backtracking when somthin goes wrong case like you forgot to put in a bigger MAf for that 70mm throttle body. you got to be smart about it, escpecially if its a daily driver, downtime sucks. it take fun away from DRIVING the car.

stay away from no name companies, and retail chains. you need to have a good reputation for said products. Diversified products Marketing, Brothers performance, Ford Racing Products, Bassani, Edelbrock, Saleen are real good. haven't really run into a bad company yet. buy from a specialty shop, not a retail chain.
_
That's all I have for now, also tell me is you want me to use your screen name, fake name or real name

Jase

1994 GT 5.0l

Last edited by 0h n0 5.0; 11-27-2002 at 09:22 PM..
0h n0 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 09:52 PM   #12
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

Default Re: I NEED ALL input on this, PLEASE!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by #1 Pony

Why are you into cars?

Because I love fixing them up and making them go faster. A car is a lot more fun to drive if you can modify it to perform the way YOU want it to.

I have been into cars since I was about 12 years old. It started when my brother took me for a ride in his 75 Mustang which had a 302 in it. At the time it was a very fast car =)

I'm not really a fan of any type of racing.

I like drag racing a little, but I really like road racing. I live in an area that has some pretty hairy roads to drive on and I guess that has given me a little more respect for the guys racing these tough road courses.

Don't street race in town. Don't do it near intersections. And don't lose! Some stupid things I have seen was when I raced another Mustang down the highway doing 130mph. That was really stupid.

Domestic

You like rice cars, why?
I don't like many things not made in the US.

I don't hate them, but I don't like the way they act. The way they talk is really disturbing and even kind of funny at times. It's like they think talking the way they do makes them "cool" rather than just illiterate.

The only thing I know is the abbreviation for nitrous is not NOS. It's NOČ. NOS stands for Nitrous Oxide Systems which is a company that makes nitrous kits. NOS

Heavy. My tastes for the way my car should perform is pretty far gone. It has to smoke everything else on the road in every way possible =)

Best - anything made to not rust, break, and look like crap after it's been on the car for 2 weeks.
Worst - MAC products (don't ask)
Project: 1988 Coupe - EFI 5.8L Twin Turbo with Victor intake, Canfield heads, F303 cam, March aluminum underdrive pulleys, TKO (or T56 if funds permit), PBR twin piston calipers and 13" rotors up front, 94 Cobra rear calipers and 12" rotors on the rear, 3.73's, Griggs K-member, tubular front control arms, torque arm and panhard bar, polished 99 Cobra wheels.

"The GR-40 kit installation is now complete, and the humble Fox-chassis car will now out-corner and out-stop a ZR-1 or a Viper, and support massive horsepower additions with perfect balance."
Griggs Racing

ICQ# 42269241
2FastLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2002, 02:15 PM   #13
#1 Pony
Registered Member

Thanks!!!! This helps alot, I thought no one would relpy..I'll let you all know how the project goes!!!
#1 Pony is offline   Reply With Quote