View Single Post
Old 01-06-2001, 07:22 PM   #1
jezze269
Registered Member

Angry I need some legal advice. Ive been screwed

OK where do I start. I bought my 95 GT from this used car dealership that specializes in sports cars. My was looking at this car in early august but it would pop out of first gear so he looked for a different stang. I really needed a car that would be better in snow than my 89 LX so I went there to check out what they had. I got to talking to the salesman about the car and he told me they just put a new clutch in and rebuilt the tranny. I was really happy about them fixing it and I really liked the car so I bought it. Well time goes by and about a week ago it started popping out of reverse. It concerned me but it still worked and now its getting so bad it takes like 5 minutes to get it finally to catch without grinding or popping out. The car was sold as is but I went back to ask them where they got the tranny from because usually rebuilts have warantees. The salesman wouldnt look me in the eyes or tell me where the tranny was from. He just told me that hed talk to the owner about it and call me rite away. Well 2 days go buy without him calling so I went there today and he was still looking around like he did the other day and he told me that he talked with the owner and the mechanic of theres that rebuilt it(the mechanic is a big camaro guy and does work for them on the side) and they came to the conclusion that I must have tried shifting into 3rd but missed it and got 5th instead and I dropped the syncro for those gears and thats the same syncro as reverse.The mechanic told him that I probably installed the pro 5.0 shifter wrong and bent the linkages which I know is total BS cause theres nothing to adjust besides the stops and I know how to do that seeing ive installed 3 of them in other cars. I was really pissed cause I havent beaten on this car at all and I didnt think reverse was syncronized. I know that the mechanic was trying to shift the blame to me. Ive been thinking about taking them to small claims court, but do I have a chance cause the car was sold as is? I talked to a guy that has seen cases like mine and the car owner still won. I just dont want to give up. I would love to stick them with a nice ford priced tranny and install labor bill.Thanks for the advice in advance. Im gonna go file the paperwork at the courthouse on thursday if you guys think I have a chance.
jezze269 is offline   Reply With Quote