MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-05-2001, 03:20 PM   #1
Stang_Crazy
It's never clean enough!

Post I was shot at Friday night!!!!

Listen to this:

I went with a friend of mine to make a dealer trade. We had to take a 2002 Explorer Limited from Pittsburgh down to Charleston, WV to pick up an Explorer Sport. The trip down was fine and we kinda hung out in Charlestown for a while. We were heading back to Pittsburgh at like 2am and were going through some highway construction. It was only one lane for a couple miles and there was a car with a couple of drunk guys behind us. They kept coming up on us, then swerving onto the shoulder, then back onto the road. My buddy got pissed and almost came to a complete stop on the highway. When the road split back into 2 lanes, they came flying by us and we heard 4 loud "pops". One of the shots hit the driver side door but the rest missed (thank god). It turns out it was a little pu$$y .22 that the guy had. That was probably the scariest thing I have ever been through.

------------------
91 GT AOD: 14.71@91.78mph
SOLD!!
01 GT 5-speed on order: Ordered: 06/13/01
Stang_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2001, 09:47 PM   #2
#1 Pony
Registered Member

Was there anyone in front of you driving?

I know it's hard going though construction, and one lanes are killers (no joke entened).
When driving in construction or just really late at night like that. Never provoke anyone if they are acting stupid or crazy, because that could have turned out worse than it did. He could have really hit you two (with the car), the gun could have been abit more powerful and really do some damage to the truck and you two. I'm glad it did not.

I'm not trying to give any advice or say your friend did anything wrong, I'm just saying be cautious- road rage and stupidity
(of other divers) can land you in alot of trouble and pain. Glad your safe, and it is scary.
#1 Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2001, 01:09 AM   #3
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Damn! That's some scary **** . Did you get the guys plate #? Glad you guys didnt get hit. Drunk hicks + Guns is not a good combination.

------------------
Black 2000 GT
Bassani X-pipe, Magnaflow Mufflers, Steeda Pulleys, K&N Filter. Steeda Weld in Subframes, Strut Tower brace, Sport Springs, Caster/Camber Plates.
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2001, 01:58 AM   #4
smokedchevy
Registered Member

Don't try to be macho and hold your testosterone back. There are some crazy people out there who will kill you for "dissin" them. Get it? The world's a scary place.
smokedchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2001, 10:06 AM   #5
dinomite
The Dude

ya, i'd say be careful in hick territory. and why do you say a pussy *** .22? everyone thinks that just cause its a small caliber that it is useless. they don't have the energy of a larger round, but its still enought to kill you easily. and do you know what 5.56mm (m-16/ar-15 round) translates into inches (caliber)? .223, the same as a .22 for all intents and purposes. granted the 5.56x45mm is 70gr and propelled by a much larger charge. my main point is that a .22 is enough to kill you.

------------------
90LX AOD Convertable: Lakewood control arms, FMS springs.
Best 1/4: 15.277@92.25 (2.27 60')
AIM: dinomite1, roadracestang
dinomite@softhome.net
dinomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2001, 10:43 AM   #6
Stang_Crazy
It's never clean enough!

It was stupid of my friend to provoke the guys, but that is the way he gets. He has road rage BIG TIME and one of these times, it's gonna get him into some real trouble. He knows he has road rage too. He carrys a samurai sword beside his seat just incase anything would get out of hand.

We didn't get the plate and there were no other cars around us. Just our two cars. It was scary, but we had a good ol time down in WV.

------------------
SOLD!!
Old 08-06-2001, 10:45 AM   #7
Stang_Crazy
It's never clean enough!

dinomite:

I don't think a .22 is useless. I mean come on, a gun is a gun right? I just figured that those crazy hicks would have had a shotgun or something.

------------------
SOLD!!
Old 08-06-2001, 01:26 PM   #8
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

Actually, I'd rather get shot with a large caliber than a .22. Larger calibers have the energy to blast on through you. .22's will hit bone and bounce around inside of you tearing the crap out of you (literally sometimes).

--nathan

------------------
--silver_pilate

'91 GT, Built 306, Wolverine 1087 cam, ported Windsor Jr. Irons, and all the goodies...click the link to the left to see a full list of my mods...

Tried and True 302 Being Built to Outrun You! heh heh heh...
--Texas Panhandle--
Check out my site
silver_pilate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2001, 02:07 PM   #9
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

Silver-I'd rather take my chances being shot with a 22 then get shot with a 30 30 and have it go all the way through me, but have a huge hole rip inside of my body. Anyway I don't really want to get shot at all. But a 22 can be pretty deadly, Hell a BB gun pumped 10 times can kill you pretty easy, Later everyone.

------------------
1989 GT, 3:55's, full exhaust, 4 in. hood, Pro 5.0, etc... etc...

1989 Chevy S-10, EX. Cab-383(500+hp on motor), trick flow heads, trick flow pistons, etc... autometer phantom gauges, "built" 700R4, roll cage, lexan back window, corbeau seats, R.H.S. 5 harnesses, Fuel cell, convo pro wheels, 15x14's with 29x18.5 M/T'S on back, 15x4's on front, nitrous, and so much more!

http://www.geocities.com/i8urvpr/JM.html
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2001, 04:44 AM   #10
Vector
Registered Member

Aren't those M-16 rounds 7.62mm? I think they are at least that. Those rounds are armor penetrating and will tear a huge chunk out of your back as it leaves. Probably take half your spine with it.

Silver_Pilate, have you seen the pictures of large calibre rounds as they blow through things like semi-set concrete and wood? They have a small entrance hole but from that hole onward it creats a huge cone that gets bigger untill it leaves your body, usualy several times bigger than the hole which it created when entering. Result is you lose a whole lot of stuff which sprays against the wall behind you. I do not think you want to be shot by a 44 magnum than a .22 round. Magnum will knock you flat on your a$$ after propelling you a few feet. At least you'll have a cushion of your own flesh to land on. I'm sounding a bit morbid here but those big guns are not to be messed with. You get shot once and you will go down, and you will die. There's no getting back up like in the movies.

People even make fun of 9mm guns, saying how punny they are. I for one would not want to be shot by anything that big. A marble is about 9mm across, picture a steel marble being propelled through your body, yeah it would suck. You probably aren't gonna live unless your in a hospital within 10 minutes. Oh and there are plenty of fun bullets like mushrooming heads which carve out your insides or hollowtip which will literaly slice and dice your major organs.

After considering all that, if I absolutly had too, then I'd rather be shot by a .22. But of course those will kill in the heart or the head too.
Vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2001, 08:45 AM   #11
dinomite
The Dude

no, the m-16/ar-15 fires a 5.56x45mm round. http://www.snipercentral.com/223.htm that page has a lot of information about that round, but note that it is talking about the effectiveness of the round in SNIPING which is much longer range than most other shooting. the 7.62x51mm NATO round (http://www.snipercentral.com/308.htm) is used in the american m-60, as well as many other weapons. i am not sure, but i doubt that you can get "armor-piercing" rounds in 5.56 NATO or 7.62 NATO, though maybe in a larger 7.62 round (7.62x63mm == .30-06 springfield).

on the wound note, you make a good point. there were actually NATO talks about redesigning the standard NATO 5.56 round because as soon as it enters the body (impacts a soft obstruction) it breaks apart into many smaller pieces, creating a large definently lethal wound instead of a hole. now about the .44 caliber (handgun) round given its relatively small size (length) and shape, it actually stays together on impact. odds are it would simply create a hole and pass on through, cause when it hits hard things (metal backstop at range) it simply flattens out, whereas the longer rifle rounds mentioned earlier dissapate when they hit the same target. that is assuming that the handgun round is jacketed.

------------------
90LX AOD Convertable: Lakewood control arms, FMS springs.
Best 1/4: 15.277@92.25 (2.27 60')
AIM: dinomite1, roadracestang
dinomite@softhome.net
dinomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2001, 11:17 AM   #12
Coupe Devil

Ok so all you guys are talking about how you'd rather be shot by this or that and why. Personally I had rather not be shot. I have been shot at once, and it was not fun at all. I got a little drunk, a little pissed off and said the wrong thing to a guy of a different race if you know what I mean. Lets just say I am alot more careful when i am drinking now because it would just ruin a good day to get shot.

------------------
'93 lx 4 banger, wrecked '90 lx 5.0, w/ t-5. .030 over fully ported and polihed (did that just to see if I could-first attempt at it).

Cocked, locked and ready to rock

Pony Power Forever
Coupe Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2001, 02:59 AM   #13
84LX89GT
Mustangs

Hey Stang_Crazy, maybe now your friend won't be as much of an @sshole. I just let people be idiots and if they tailgate me, cut me off, whatever....i let the cops deal with crazy people, i have enough crap in my life i don't need to be in a wheelchair or a coffin. His anger could have gotten you killed. I have a friend who's like that and i told him if he pulled that Sh/t with me in the car, i'd help the other people kick his @ss.
Well.....at least no one was hurt.

------------------
previous name: 84stangLX
'84 Mustang 5.0 LX
my LX
'89 Mustang GT
my GT

84LX89GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2001, 02:04 PM   #14
Stang_Crazy
It's never clean enough!

He's always had bad road rage. I don't think he'll ever get rid of it. It's funny because he is teh nicest kid and wouldn't hurt a fly but if he is driving and someone is being a dick, he'll let them know without thinking twice.

------------------
SOLD!!
Old 08-08-2001, 02:23 PM   #15
RAGE_5.0
Registered Member

I would rather get sdhot buy a 22 calibre rifle then a larger rifle

my brother, dad and me hunt......we have a 22 calibre rifle among our guns.....the holes they leave are tiny even compared to my semi auto 280 remington(7mm) in canada at least all the 22 ammo are hollow points while my 280 is mushroom tips......the 22 to my knowlege will go through bone(not sure how many though)......anyways my buddy has a 300 ultra mag remington(7.62mm).....we were target shooting when he put his bullett through 6-8 inches of ply wood then the bullet traveled through a wooden fence post almost ripping it in half(mushroom tip).......are u telling me u would rather be hit buy that.......u would damn well explode practicly......until u have shot a high powered rifle and looked at wut u shot through afterwards u can see why we are saying this

anything that will drop a 1000 pound bull moose in 1 shot would certainly kill a human being if shot in the mid section(hospital or not)...........especially close range....it will leave u limbless also.....no matter wut i shoot i can never find 1 of my bulletts after i shoot it( i want to so bad) i found a bunch of my .22's though they get very sharp because they brak apart.......

------------------
Black 1990 gt cobra bonestock
not for long
RAGE_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2001, 04:38 AM   #16
Vector
Registered Member

Exactly Rage, that's what I was talking about. Those large calibre rounds would rip huge holes in you while the hollowtip turn into razor blades.
Vector is offline   Reply With Quote