MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-31-2001, 01:41 PM   #1
LOCASH
Registered Member

Post I think I'm gonna be sick

I just shelled out $700 for doors for my car. I have been looking for a long time and I want to get the bodywork done before summer. They were really hard to find. Here is the good part... the doors are in Vegas, I am in Italy so I have to wait until March to fly out and bring them back. The people here think I am nuts. All I hear is "get a new car blah blah blah." Just wanted to whine. Thanks.

------------------
86 GT T-tops, AOD, B&M shift kit and hammer shifter, ROH wheels, K&N, Timing,MAC headers, 2.5 off road H, 2.5 American Thunder, 87 spindles, rear disc,SS lines, BBK 1.5, poly bushings, Steeda G-trac and subs, Strut bar.
"DRIVE LIKE YOU STOLE IT!"

[This message has been edited by LOCASH (edited 01-31-2001).]
LOCASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2001, 02:16 PM   #2
cleangreenmachine

Are you gonna check those doors at the gate for your flight back to Italy, or will you try to sneak them aboard in your carry-on bag?

Is it too impractical to have the seller ship 'em to you in Italy? Just wondering...

------------------
Greg
91 LX Convertible
Old 01-31-2001, 02:34 PM   #3
LOCASH
Registered Member

One of the nice things about being in the Air Force is airplanes.....lots of them. When we go to Vegas I can bring them back on the plane. This way I don't have to go thru customs with them. Another nice thing is that I get to stay in a Hotel in Vegas for 5 weeks and get paid for it. It's still a pain in the as$ to get parts though. I have to drive from Vegas to Phoenix to pick them up. Shipping something that large would cost alot of money.
Old 01-31-2001, 02:38 PM   #4
LOCASH
Registered Member

Oh yeah. Let this be a lesson to everyone who has T-tops. GET THE WEATHERSTRIP ON THE TOP OUTSIDE OF THE DOOR REPAIRED IF IT IS ROTTED OUT!!!! IT COSTS ABOUT $30 PER SIDE! The jack@ss who had the car before me didn't replace them so the water just sat in the bottom of the door and rusted them out.