MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-10-2002, 05:55 PM   #1
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Smile I took some stranger for a ride in the Fox

I did a weird thing this week.

On my way home I stop by Racetrack to use the bathroom and when I come out, there is this guy in a van who starts asking me about my car (he was kinda excited). I told him a little about it (kinda reluctantly). He seemed like a cool guy. Then he asks, "Hey Man, take me for a ride in it!" I was like, okay, I don't think I would've been that bold...

I told him, "Aah," and just started laughing, but then he asked again, "Come on man, just a quick ride" I told him "aah, I'm on my way home" (in a nice way), but he asked again, "Just up the road" (a side street). Knowing how I can be crazy about other people's Mustangs, I understood totally. So I said "OKAY, C'mon" and let him in.

I knew what he wanted me to do, so I did it. I pulled out of there at full throttle, fishtailing a lot and burning the tires 3/4 of the way through first and let it shift in to 2nd. Got up to about 55 and let off after he started screaming: "Okay, okay, man that's enough, slow down!" HA HA HA AH ha ah ha it was soooooo stinking funny .

(My purpose is not to brag. For me, it was just a different - and funny -event.)
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2002, 06:07 PM   #2
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

A lot of people always used to ask me for rides in my car too. It was mainly people I knew though, but they hadn't ridden in my car. I guess I pretty much know everyone in my town...only about 6 or 7000 population....I'd almost never do burnouts for them though, I'd wait until I'd get up to about 30 or 40 mph before I dropped the hammer. It's fun to have a car that a lot of people realize how much work, time, and money is put into it, and to know they appreciate it. I have the Nissan now....hehe....but the fastback will be done in about 3 months or so...
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 12:31 AM   #3
Unit 5302
Registered Member

LOL!! I know what you mean. Some of my friends g/f's hated my car. All the guys would get together at parties and want me to take them out on drives, leaving the chick (that didn't understand) behind.

Some of the girls loved my car as well. Always a bonus there!
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 09:26 AM   #4
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Talking Your braver than me!!!

THAT'S TOO FUNNY!!! I cant believe a TOTAL stranger asked you to do that!!!!! I dont know if I'd have done it!!! You're alot braver than I am!!!! But, I'm glad he enjoyed the ride, and I'm glad for YOU that he wasn't some kind of wierdo with ulterior motives!!!!!! But, I know how good it makes you feel to know that someone appreciates your car!!!!

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 02:08 PM   #5
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Yeah, I get alot of people asking too, and some actually want to drive it!! LOL That'll never happen!
Old 01-11-2002, 02:20 PM   #6
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Smile

Topless, I am careful about who I take in my car and it is not something I do often, but it was in bright daylight and he seemed like an okay guy. To tell the truth, I am able to discern the character of people (by just talking to them for a while) to a greater extent than most people and I trust my judgement. MOREOVER, when I'm driving I am in control. The passenger is at my mercy.
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 06:12 PM   #7
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Wink

Yah, I hear ya!!! Thats cool. That was a very nice thing to do. And I"m sure it made his day!!!

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 05:04 AM   #8
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

Quote:
MOREOVER, when I'm driving I am in control. The passenger is at my mercy.
Ya, thats the good thing about having a fast car, if he pulls out a gun, u just go faster till he changes his mind-hehe
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am
mustangman65_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 11:06 AM   #9
John
Registered Member

A similar thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago. I was going to the street races about 10pm and stopped for gas. The slicks were on and race gas from fri. night was still evident in the exhaust. These older fellows at the pump next to me heard and smelled me pull in. They were reminicing(sp?) about their younger daze, admiring my steed (she's pretty). They were wanting me to roast them a little bit. I dont normally roast my tire upon request, but would have for them, most requests are from younger folks. The FHP in the parking lot put a dampener on the smoldering rubber being laid out. John
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 08:48 AM   #10
mean81GT
Registered Member

Funny Story from my past. alot like what happenned here. In 1997,a friend of mine was looking to buy a car for his wife. We went to the Nissan dealer (she liked the altima). In the lot was a 200 SX SE-R. Decent little car, kinda cramped for me though. Anyway, we looked at the 200, dealer asked if we wanted to take it for a test drive. He said it looked like we knew speed (dumbass dealers, i had the stang with me). So we went for a drive, the dealer came with us. Car was qwuick for what it was. it would hang with a v-6 mustang. So we get back to the dealership. Dealer dude says "fast car, huh? bet it's as fast as that Mustang!" I said "not even close". He kept egging me on, until finally I said" wanna see what a fast car is like?" So he got in. I took him down the street, 1/4 throttle, then 1/2 throttle. At 1/4 throttle my car was faster than the 200. So at 1/2 throttle, i said "what do you think, faster than that nissan?" he says " about the same" and i floored it. I love it when you can pin your passenger to the back of their seat he at first was silent, and then he started freaking out. so i slowed down, and went back to the dealership. he got out, and i noticed his knuckles were white from holding the handle on the door. the only thing i could say was "told you so". friend ended up buying the 200, felt bad foir the guy
Old 01-17-2002, 12:34 PM   #11
Rob23
Registered Member

Hey 81 my sister has a 200sx SE-R..
it's my rice loving family's version of
a sports car (silly people)

Anyway, on the topic at hand....

Giving rides is one thing but letting
a friend behind the wheel of your beast
is a huge mistake. A buddy of mine let a guy
who claimed to have "racing" experience take his
Z28 six speed around the block. A crowd of about
10 watched as he laid the car sideways right into
a fire hydrant!! After that I've been the only one
who ever sits in the drivers seat, even on long road trips.