MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-15-2001, 06:15 PM   #1
Taqus
Registered Member

Question I want to buy a mustang and redo one can someone please tell me how i can learn?

Hello, this is actually my first post so i will tell you some quick info on me. I am 18 years old and im a senior in high school. my parents own a ford dealership and all i can ever get is demos. they won't give me my own car and i usually drive trucks. but what i want to do is buy an older mustang like between 65-75 and redo it. we also own a body shop so painting it won't be too hard but to learn how to do the rest i will need help with. it will be doing this mainly on my own cause i don't want to involve the dealship i want to prove to them that i can do someone with cars w/o their help. so if any of you know of any way i can learn out of a book or anything please help.
and so can you tell me about how much of an investment i am making if i get a mustang of that year like how much it will cost to buy a decant one and how much extra should i spend on parts? like at least how much money should i have to start this prodject?

Thanks
Taqus

Taqus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2001, 06:32 PM   #2
marisa98
Registered Member

join some old mustang clubs in your area...it is best to know the 'profesionals'
also pick up a bunch of back issues to mustang world, muscle mustangs etc...they have good info. car shows are the best place to meet fellow mustang men! ps...if you know anyone who wants a 98-- let me know
marisa98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2001, 06:57 PM   #3
NoSlow5.0
YOU HAVE NO MARBLES!!!!!!

Cool

Welcome to Mustangworks first of all. I can't believe how many youg people are here.(i'm 19) You'll learn a ton of stuff here and we are all very nice people who will be willing to help. Try some posts in the classic mustang forum. If you decide to go with a newer one i'll give you as much info as i can. Light Em Up!!
NoSlow5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2001, 07:40 PM   #4
kvpony
Registered Member

Buy lots and lots of mustang magazines and get a supply catalog. These contain many helpfull ideas and tricks of the trade.

------------------
1988 lx 5.0. goood pony, good good pony. Whoa girl whoa
kvpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2001, 08:21 PM   #5
wd302
Registered Member

Cool

Yeah thats your best bet is too just get some magazines and just read up on stuff to do.

------------------
91 GT Procharger, Bassani X-pipe, 2800 stall, 4:10's, gt40 heads, B&M shifter, Cobra ground effect kit, ss pipes, etc.
wd302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2001, 04:55 PM   #6
LX XLR8R
Dirk Diggler

honesly i pretty much tought myself with some help from my dad with stuff unEFI related..i was bumed that the second day i had it it blew its headgasket so that was my first project..after that i pretty much wasnt scred to do anything else..now i can do anything and ive just finished a 4cly to 5.0 swap to add to my collection..so just takle little things at first and you will learn

------------------
1987 black notch(ex 4 banger)
DSS 306 w/ main support...Elderbrock 6028 heads..gt-40 intake..24# injectors...70 mm tb..77 pro-m...accel 300+..mac full legnth..tremec w/ pro5oh...full MAC exhaust,off road h-pipe,long tubes, catback...ron davis radiator..subframes, control arms...CFDF II..o yea holley FPR sucks..dont buy one..
LX XLR8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2001, 05:10 PM   #7
smithbling
Registered Member

I think to do everything right you will need at least $8000. A decent classic and it's parts costs a fair dollar. IMO your better off buying a 87-93 5.0. Good Luck!

------------------
C ME FLY

88 coupe
14.75 @ 98 mph
Traction Limited

smithbling is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: