MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2002, 09:49 AM   #1
wildneg
Registered Member

Default 83' Mustang (Sell?)

Well, I have posted before about selling it and did get quite a few responses. I never really gave a price or anything. Its a 83' with 91' interior and 91' front end. The block was totaly redone by the guy before me (which is the block out of the 91 he stripped down). His dad's friend at a machine shop did all the engine work. Its tough to keep cool but prob just me with the timing and no air circulation. If you read posts I wrote about, you can see I was thinking about trying that Mach VIII fan. That would probably do it. It has factory T-tops, inside isn't in that great of condition but it runs and moves! It is pretty damn fast. I'm not really totaly sure whats all in it so I am not selling it for much. I'm going to ask 3800$ OBO. I paid 6000$ for it. Car is very clean underneath and such. I'm pretty sure it has the stock rearend. Even with that its fast and gets up and goes once warmed up. It has nitrious enjectors and such but that was with the car before the kid before me bought it. He drove it with the original engine and then ripped it all apart to put in the 91' rebuilt / bored block. He put the injectors back on but never hooked up the computer. The computer is still in the car and everything (so i'm told). I have never bothered with it either. I'm serious, anyone who wants it 3800$ takes it. I want to buy this 91' EFI one a guy by me is selling and work on that.

The car i'm selling was totaly stripped down by the way. No heat or anything. So prob needs a little work but runs fine the way it is! Pictures at http://www.techsi.net/kevinp/ Anyone serious about it please call (877) 879-4254. My name is Kevin and if you call that number, it should track me either @ work, home, or cell phone. I"m guess this is more for people in IN and IL. I live right on the border of IL/IN. I live probably 10 minutes from 41/30.

Also, anyone in the IN/IL area (North East IL/North West IN) know a good transmission shop or have any connections to get a AOD rebuilt with a large shift kit on it? This new mustang will need a transmission rebuild. Motor is healthy on it even with a 100k+ miles. I'm also thinking about purchasing a regular ol' crate motor. How much does a stock 5.0 motor cost? Maybe with a little bit of a performance piston? Any where can I go to check that out? Thanks! Anyone have any questions about the car, feel free to email me @ kevin@techsi.net or you can call the number above. I'm going to wait a few days before I post it in a mustang magazine/car trader magazine to try selling it! I would also be interested perhaps in trading, for a stock Mustang to work on. I want to redo the body a little, repaint, and I can get a super charger fairly cheap. So I just want a semi fast street car that looks very nice. I have a guy ready to paint and everything. I'm going to redo the interior and everything! Thanks for reading!

-- Kevin P
-- Kevin@techsi.net
Closed Thread