MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-01-2001, 08:34 PM   #1
90'5.0 Conv
Long time member in and out

Red face I went to the Ford Dealership today......

I went to the Ford Dealership today to take a closer look at the new mustangs, maybe even a Bullit if they had one. Well guess what, I show up drive all around the lot and not one V-8 Stang on the entire lot! I couldn't believe it! So, I drove by one of the salesman and asked him where the V-8 (Real) Mustangs were and he says "Ummm, we don't have any right now but should be getting some in soon" so I say " What kind of Ford Dealership does not have V-8 Mustang anywhere on the lot!!!" Geeeeeezz, whats the world coming too!

James
2 Ch Flowmasters

1/8th ET 9.04
90'5.0 Conv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2001, 08:48 PM   #2
Back Seat Driver
Registered Member

our dealership is the same way
2 v6 stangs and 1 v8
the v8 that is there is an auto and has been there since before summer i believe
if its still there in the spring maybe i will try to get a sweet deal on it
its the dark green
fully loaded
really nice car but its an aod
Old 12-01-2001, 09:03 PM   #3
RAGE_5.0
Registered Member

damn i forgot to log pout of my bros name before posting
i have more posts then him so i'm gonna make him log out from now on when hes done
gotta love little brothers
Old 12-02-2001, 12:53 AM   #4
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

You got it made, about 2 weeks ago I was driving home and I went past the Ford Dealership and I figured I'd stop by to check the stangs out so I broke like a bat out of hell to be able to turn (made sure no one was behind me, I hate ppl that do that. lol) and I pulled in, circled the parking lot acouple times. and NO STANGS! I'm like what is going on. I was rather disapointed. There is one on the other side of my town that I seen with 3-4 GT's and about 3-4 coupes. I'll be sure to check them out this week if I get a chance.

Take it Easy,

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2001, 03:18 AM   #5
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

That is how it is around here too.
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2001, 05:05 AM   #6
OnMy3rdStang
Registered Member

I hate the ford dealerships in Missouri. They are so snooty and stuck up. I to this one dealer, Pundmann Ford, to look at some gt's and cobras and I was looking at this 01 gt and they salesman got into it and procceded to move it. I asked him "are you moving it" and he said yes so I told him "well you just lost a sale". Actually he didnt but it pi$$ed me off. I wont do business there again GGGRRRrrrrr

*haley*
Old 12-02-2001, 09:22 AM   #7
90'5.0 Conv
Long time member in and out

Yeah, you know whats funny is, if I went by the kindness of the dealers to buy my vehicles, I probably woudn't own one. LOL. Every dealer I go to seem to have the capablilty of pisssing me off. It seems to me the ones that do the least talking and the most listenting are the ones I buy from. Imagine that!!!!!!!!!

James
2 Ch Flowmasters

1/8th ET 9.04
90'5.0 Conv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2001, 09:42 AM   #8
Mach 1
Registered Member

car dealers are one of the lowest forms of scum on the planet, up there with insurance companies and lawyers.
They will blatently rip people off for thousands of dollars, and not feel bad or lose any sleep over it.

total scum!
RHC member #142
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2001, 09:43 AM   #9
scott93gt
Registered Member

The reason you are not finding Mustangs on dealer lots is because Ford has scaled back production. I am a sales consultant at a Ford dealer and I also manage the inventory (order the vehicles for stock). We have no Mustangs scheduled for '02 yet and it isn't because we don't want any. We sold over 30 Mustangs last year. That may not sound like a lot but factor in that I live in the snow belt of central PA and our delaership sells about 800 new Fords annually. We just got our production numbers for January and we are allowed to order 3 Mustangs. That is half of all the Mustangs offered to our zone of 11 dealers. The reason you find more v6's is this: the 4.6 is almost over sourced. Consider all the vehicles the 4.6 powers; F150, Expedition, Explorer, Crown Vic, Econoline, Mustang, not to mention the Linclons and Mercs. The common misconception is that the dealer can order what ever they want in as much qunatity as they want. That isn't the case. It is a turn and earn situation. The more you sell, the more production you earn. Unfortunately, even if you earn alot of production, you still have to abide by Ford's "commoditiy controls" which means, for example, of the 17 F150's I can order, xx% have to be regular cabs, xx% have to have 4.2L V6, xx% must be autos, etc. It is a real pain. The real kicker is this, if you don't have a vehicle in your order bank that Ford can build, they schedule their own and it is usually one that you would never order in the first place. Hope this helps and sorry for the length.
5 speed, Hurst Competition Plus, 3 chamber Flows, 3.08's.

2010 VW GTI 2dr 6MT
(no pictures yet)

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee
scott93gt is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: