MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-30-2001, 02:34 AM   #1
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Thumbs up Another Employee asks me out!

For starters, I dont think much of myself. Especially in the looks department. I think I'm pretty dorky looking. I dont want you all getting the wrong idea.

I dont know what it is that I do, but I've had a total of Five girls ask me out from Fed Ex. One was a manger from the Raliegh Terminal, Four others my employees.

A few weeks ago, the guy incharge of hiring people let me know that he found me a replacement Swaker (Person who scans the boxes going down the belt.) that I needed. Fine, no problem.

Well Last Monday I was so busy that I forgot the new girl was supposed to start. I was switching out trailers (Moving the trailers that we have unloaded with a Yard Tractor) when I see this really Pretty girl walking into the building.

A minute later my Check In clerk (Checks in the drivers paperwork) tells me she needs a little help in the office. So I think the pretty girl is a customer coming to pick up there box. Man, I jump out of the yard tractor, run into the building, jump over two of the conveyor belts and Run into the office.

I was totally out of breath, it was like 1/2 mile of running and jumping. I run in and try to catch my breath. I see the girl in the waiting area. I ask her between gasps for breath "Hello, How can I help you?" Gasp GASP...

"Oh, I'm Blah Blah (No real names here), I was supposed to start today." After I make this really stupid look, it hits me that I had forgot about the new girl starting that day.

Anyway, she starts working and of course, Every guy in the building has to go up and introduce themselves. Drivers, Managers, Package Handlers.

I had her train with one of the more Experienced Swakers for the night. I stopped by from time to time to see how things were going, I'd watch for a minute, crack a joke, then leave.

At the end of the night, the Trainer told me that the new girl said I was pretty cute. No big deal.

The next 3 days that the new girl worked, I worked with her because I actually had the time to.

Before I get to the point, let me say, this girl is Beautifull, I mean, Really pretty. Pretty face, pretty smile, pretty eyes, pretty bod.......Ummmm Everything...Is just beautifull. Long dark hair.

Well tonight, I was working with her agian, making sure she wasnt making any errors or mistakes. We talk, and chit chat all night. I was looking down the belt to see what the unloader was unloading when I thought I heard her call my name.

I turn and ask her "Did you call me?" She said." No, but you can call me this weekend."

I thought maybe I missunderstood her, so we keep talking, when the subject of the weekend comes up.

I innoccently ask her "Whatcha got planned this weekend?"

She gave me this pretty smile and aksed "I dont know, what are we going to do this weekend, its up to you, I'm game for anything."

I had to have this absolutley idiotic look on my face, because she laughed giggled, saying I was such a cutie.

I'm still kinda shocked ( I dont know why, I get to feeling like a little kid thats asking his first girl out, everytime.) I make some kind of Sasquatch (Big Foot)/Chewbaca sound, and mumble about "Gotta check to see if one of our trailers is in." THen make another Mouth Numb with Novacaine sound and run off to the yard.

After a quick cigarette, I go back inside, and make sure everythings going smoothly first, then go back to work with the new Girl. We talk, and I find out that me and her have ALOT in common. She's into stargazing (I love doing that) Astronomy, Hard Sci-Fi, Movies, Racing, paintball, and writting. She also has a similar personality as me. Except she doesnt make Wierd Chewbaca grunts and groans when surprised.

Since I'm single again, I'm serouisly considering it. I mean not just because of her knock out looks. (Did I mention shes Pretty, Real Pretty).

My guys couldnt believe it, they all basically said the samething "Man why do you have all the luck.. We need to hang out with you more."

I dont know what it is that I do, I think I'm some little Dorky man thats the prime example of all thats Dweeb like.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2001, 02:56 AM   #2
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

ahhh Mercury....you're so CUTE!!!...and you're such a little STUD!!!
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2001, 04:15 AM   #3
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Talking

hey uhh chewie,uh imean merc go for it what have you got to lose,you might get lucky, dont take that wrong your single go merc go

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2001, 07:33 AM   #4
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

Your one lucky sob. Well done buddy, I'd say go for it, but remember it can be hard going out with a co-worker especially if your with her like all the time. But if you have alot of similar intrests it can work out very good.
Good Luck man, and I'll be looking at my local book store for
Merc 10 Secrets to Getting Woman.

Take it Easy Bud,

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2001, 08:37 AM   #5
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

I say go for it. What do you have to lose. Your single now it's time for you to move on.

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2001, 09:05 AM   #6
Coupe Devil

Pour it on it man. Go after her. What are you gonan lose? - Nothing What are you gonna gain? - A hot girl to at least hang out with on the weekends and after work. You work nights dont you. If you want to really win her over. Invite her back to your place sometime and make her breakfast. you do that and your "In like Flynt".
Brad

Built Ford Tough Moderator
Coupe Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2001, 11:36 AM   #7
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Yeah, but theres one small problem....I'm her boss. I'm gong to have to check in on the Company policy about dating employee's. I know theres no law against it.

Plus I gotta think about my Job, If me and her go out, then It will be hard handling that at work. Some people might think I'm giving her special treatment. Might make for a real awward situation.

I dont know..Man she's hot.
Old 11-30-2001, 11:43 AM   #8
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Have fun, live some!! Go for it!
Old 11-30-2001, 11:57 AM   #9
89LXFLEA
Registered Member

Unhappy EMPLOYEE

OK I WOULD BE SUPRISED IF THEY DO NOT
HAVE A POLICY ABOUT DATING EMPLOTEES
UDER YOUR SUPERVISION. IS SHE HOTT ENOUGH
TO LOSE YOUR JOB OVER. PROBLY NOT
NOT TRYING TO TELL YOU NOT TO GO FOR IT
BUT JUST BE CAREFUL !!! ME
DO NOT WANT TO MAKE CONFUSING
SORRY KEEP US POSTED GOOD LUCK!
89LX 302 C4 4:10GEAR X CAM,GT40
IRON HEADS,PERFORMER RPM 650
HOLLEY NO STALL YET, GRIFFEN RADIATOR,MAC EQUAL LENGTH SHORTIES,H-PIPE,PRO DUMPS NOW
IT IS A LITTLE FASTER AT 12.94@106.38
RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER # 47
89LXFLEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2001, 01:35 PM   #10
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

89LXFLEA.

Yeah, I know, No women is worth getting fired from a good job. The other employees that asked me out before, I knew I could trust, but I was dating some one else then.

This girl, I'm not sure if I can trust, and to be mature about things. I think I'll have to pass. DAMN Why cant I meet these women outside of work!

My guys (Loading dock employess) are going to start thinking my ......You know.....My door swings the other way or something. They dont understand, when your the boss, you have to weigh and consider matters like closely and with a level mind. Or else you'll wind up Fired, unemployed, and handed papers to a lawsuit. Not exactly what I need.

I'm going to have to get to know her a little more to see if I can trust her. So far my Gutt (Instincts) hasnt given me any kind of warning or feeling. I'm not going to let a pretty face....and pretty body....and pretty eyes....and pretty hair....and.....Oh yeah, I'm not going to be fulled.

If I wasnt her boss, I'd be all over that like Stink on Sh!t. Like a Richard Simmons on a QVC Program (Dont ask)
Old 11-30-2001, 01:52 PM   #11
Capri306

Cool What is wrong with you?!?!

Merc, dude, wake up. Who gives a crap if you're her boss? That automatically makes you the dominant one if you two hook up!!! ***** company policy on this one. Take her out this weekend...or if you wanna give it some time just tell her you're busy this weekend and ask if she wants to see a movie, hit a bar, test out your couch for durability (that one's optional), etc later. Don't rush it, keep cool, and you will succeed, my friend. May the forks be with you.

1979 Mercury Capri
1987 5.0L Mustang LX Notchback
1993 5.8L Eddie Bauer Bronco
Capri306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2001, 01:54 PM   #12
Skyman
I need 110mph Trap Speed!

Sasquatch sounds LOL!

What I would do is tell you that it puts you in a situation because of work and you being her boss.

She obviously seems awesome and you shouldn't pass up your chance. Tell her you want to go out and be friends for a bit till you work out how you can handle it with work. You can always say you met before she worked there.

Just talk it out between the two of you, if you want a solution you can always find one, just try!

Skyler

RIP
----
1993 Notch w/ 98 4V 4.6 Fasttt...

-1989 Saleen Mustang #406-
12.32@109

-1999 Black Cobra Coupe-
JBA Shorties, Bassani Cat-X, Magnaflow 3", Pulleys, 85mm Pro-M, Ported Intake, Soild Rear w/ 4.30s, Tubular Front End, X2C arms, 13lb batt, few others.
Skyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2001, 03:18 PM   #13
mustangdon2k
Registered Member

Don't be a fool. Have you ever heard of sexual harrassment? This is a problem waiting to happen. Even if she seems cool now, things can change. Be VERY careful.

1966 coupe
200 CID
Automatic
Candy Apple Red
mustangdon2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2001, 06:48 PM   #14
TXinPA
Registered Member

Fire her, and then see if she'll let you ****** her too.
TXinPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2001, 06:56 PM   #15
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

Ahahahahahahaha.
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2001, 07:30 PM   #16
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Red face

wow TXinPA hahahaha what a answer, hhhuummm merc sounds like THE plan hehe

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2001, 09:15 PM   #17
rbatson

I agree with txinpa, you are just asking for trouble. The guy that hired me told me that women hit on him all the time to get the job, offer 'favors' and such. I wouldn't mess with anyone from work, I've actually had a clerk after me for many many years now, wanting me to take her downtown for drinks and....

If I was you, I'd stay away and tell her you have a friend(me being the friend).

I'll take it from there...
Old 12-01-2001, 01:21 AM   #18
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

HEy Rbatson, why would I send the goods to the competion...UPS.. We Fed Ex guys need some kind of incentive to keep from seeking a job at UPS.

A few of the higher ups actually said go for it. I dont know what to do. She called me today, and asked what the schedule is, when I told her, she said "No I mean for this Weekend."

Geesh.........I need a beer..Dangint...Only one left..Argh...Hey Cobra, ya got any spare beer man?

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. Stage 2 CNC heads with Large Valves, Comp Cams (270-274 dur .550 lift), Forged Crank, DRP pistons, Manly H-beams, Pro M 87 mm Mass Air, 24lb Inj, 75mm TB, Plenum Spacer ,Long Tube Headers, Homemade H-pipe, 2 chamber Flows, 4:10's, Steeda Tri-Ax, LKW 70/30's, Eibach Drag Springs, Steeda SubFrames, Battle Boxes, Rear Girdle, Adj uppers, Alunimum Drshft, Southside Lift Bars.

Project Cars, 64 1/2 6cyl coupe, 1930 Model A Nostalgia Rod.
Old 12-01-2001, 03:28 AM   #19
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

TXinPA.

Thats kinda harsh. I dont know her well enough yet to know what her motivation, or intentions are. Who knows what they are, but I usually keep an open mind. I'm not going to dive head first blindly into anything, well at least do my best not to.
Old 12-01-2001, 10:29 AM   #20
Mach 1
Registered Member

Come on man, her first week at work, and shes already trying to have sex with the boss.....stay away from this woman!

On the other hand, maybe shes your soul mate?

Dam, lifes a *****, aint it?
RHC member #142
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote