Old 11-28-2002, 04:44 AM   #14
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Default Dang...FLASHBACK......

Quote:
Originally posted by lx mike
[sigh] the good ole days[/sigh]
NO LIE MIKE!!!!!!
I can relate to all of that!!!!!!!! I remember when I was about 5 or 6 and my big brother had a REEL TO REEL TAPE RECORDER (BEFORE THE AWESOME 8-TRACKS THAT ROCKED!)and was recording songs off the radio.... (the BIG CONSOLE STEREO W/ THE PULL OUT LP PLAYER DRAWER AND THE KNOBS FOR THE AM/FM RADIO) No Dolby or anything like that!
I made my own "reel to reel" out of the covers of my coloring books!!!! (im not lying! I really remember that!)
Ya....OUR kids will NEVER EVER EVER relate to or be able to expierience the things we did or the way things were.
Kinda sad in a way. Life was carefree, innocent, and if it was not, you did not hear about it....
If someones phone was busy, youd call the operator and do an 'emergency breakthrough' cuz there was no call waiting....
I remember trying to win record albums off of radio stations but all we had was those damn rotary phones and it took 3 minutes to dial the damn number!!!!! ( I acutally won 2 of them when they were HOT or first came out...the sound track to THE DEEP and Queen "We are the Champions.." I still have them!
geeez.... I feel old all of a sudden...crap...hang on... my pager is going off, my cell phone is ringing, my pc is crashing, and my car alram is going off. LOL Wheres my Palm Pilot?????????
TNT

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote