MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-03-2002, 03:07 AM   #1
rustang girl
Registered Member

Talking I'm back, anyone miss me?

Well, I went on vacation for a month+. So, I put the Mustang on hold. I got it outa the shop a few weeks before I left, but the balance was off, so we needed to send it back to get the engine removed. The flex plate, balancer and water pump had to be replaced. Flex plate and water pump, because it's a weird engine, can't think of the word, but I think it's "fuel injected". So, it needed some conversion parts. We didn't know about that before it went in. Since the flex plate and balancer were incorrect the balance was off and broke the water pump.

I was supposed to get it back today, but they found out the water pump was broken and so I get it tomarrow, I hope. IF the balance is ok I get it. If it isn't, we don't know what to do.

Tomarrow the insurance company is coming out to inspect it the rear end. I got rear-ended about a week before I left. (Drove the car w/ the balance off, which is what broke the water pump.) Anyways, was stopped on the freeway (traffic jam) and I got rear-ended. Insurance is covering it. :-) So, they're looking @ the damage tomarrow. Got a kink in the crome bumper, and the under bumper got dented. While it's on the lift tomarrow, we're going to check to make sure the exhaust is ok, the under bumper got dented where the exhaust tip is. So it may have gotten dented somewhere. The exhaust system was rebult in July. The guy who rear-ended me didn't come out so lucky. It was his fault, so his isn't covered. What happened was he went right under the back of my car, his hood got crunched real bad and he was leaking fluids. I'm surprised he was able to drive it away. I was pissed and so my fiance talked to the guy, when he asked for his insurance he gave my fiance his prescription for glasses, which he wasn't wearing. Later when we asked for his lisence him and his wife kept giving us hers. Finally the cop got it from him. It's not as if he was trying to be a jerk. He was Japanese, and rather old. They were really sorry.

Anyways...

Yes it's still overheating. Ordered a 7 bladed fan, but they sent a 6 we also got a fan shroud. We're not too worried about it overheating though, now that we have the truck, we're ganna drive it. And I'll use the Mustang for stuff in town. The brackets that came w/ shroud don't work, I don't know what we'll do about that, they don't fit right.

No, the Mustang isn't our only vehicle, while in Ok. we bought a '87 Chevy Truck (I believe an '87) and drove it back. It stayed under a quarter the whole way home, except for a few hills, there it got a tad over 1/4. I like that truck, no overheating probs w/ it, if only it wasn't stick. :- ( Oh yeah, Earles mom is the original owner, so that's cool.

Oh bag case of bad luck. While out of town I got 2 or 3 car insurance bills. They said if I didn't pay they would cancel my insurance. Well, I was going through the mail and came across that notice, I looked @ the date and realized I had been driving for 3 days w/out insurance. :- ( I sent the check right away. I'm going to call tomarrow to see if I'm insured yet.

Incase anyone cares, you may remember Earle got his lisence suspended for 2 tickets, driving in excess of 100. 111mph was one of them, I think the cop wrote 120mph was the other. It isn't suspended anymore. He has his special insurance, now he has to go take the written test agian. Something funny, Earle's insured ans I have a lisence, and Earle doens't have a lisence and I don't have insurance. Pretty funny. Put the 2 together, and we're legal. hehe

Anywho.....I talk too much sometimes. hehe

How r u?

Incase you're wondering, visited a few friends for a few days, then my fiance and I drove to Oklahoma (with his sister) and visited his mom and step dad for 2+ weeks, then we got back to Ca and visited w/ my parents for a few days, then visited w/ the friends again, then went to Vegas for my younger bros wedding after that visited friends then came home. I've been gone for MW for a while, bet no one missed me. :-P

Anywho, take care, thanks for listening. :-)

Hope I didn't bore you too much.
http://ricehatersclub.com/
http://MechaPS.com/
rustang girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 03:29 AM   #2
PKRWUD

We started a birthday thread, but when you didn't reply to it, I guess we kinda felt shunned

Uhm, as far as you engine and it's "balance problem", dear, I went to great lengths tring to get you two to listen to me about that. I told you repeatedly that there was going to be a problem, but you insisted your people knew what they were doing. Anyway, as far as that's concerned, you get no pity from me. I tried to explain it to you several times.

Sounds like things are going well for you guys.

You still have two chances to come see us race. They're trying to shut the track down permenantly after this season, but the people are very much against the idea. Still, it's money that does the talking, and it's a multi-million dollar business that wants to build an amphitheater there.

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 04:14 AM   #3
rustang girl
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PKRWUD We started a birthday thread, but when you didn't reply to it, I guess we kinda felt shunned
Awwwww, I'm sorry. I should have mentioned I would be gone. I wasn't expecting to be gone so long. I could have taken a few moments to mention it. And after the first 3 weeks I had the internet back. So, I could have gotten on then. Thanks though.

Quote:
Originally posted by PKRWUD
Uhm, as far as you engine and it's "balance problem", dear, I went to great lengths tring to get you two to listen to me about that. I told you repeatedly that there was going to be a problem, but you insisted your people knew what they were doing. Anyway, as far as that's concerned, you get no pity from me. I tried to explain it to you several times.
I know, I know, and I'm sorry. It was too much for me, I was confused. Then u and Earle got started talking and I got more confused. I don't know what happened. I don't even know what you were trying to say. It's not your fault, and you know it. You tried, and I thank you for that. I don't believe I was asking for sympathy, I believe I was just trying to let people know what's happening w/ me and my car. I guess it did sould like it. Opps.

Quote:
Sounds like things are going well for you guys.
You being sarcastic? It's hard to tell online...

Quote:
You still have two chances to come see us race. They're trying to shut the track down permenantly after this season, but the people are very much against the idea. Still, it's money that does the talking, and it's a multi-million dollar business that wants to build an amphitheater there.

Take care,
~Chris
E-mail me the info and I'll see. Now that we have the dependable truck, that pulls to the right when you press on the breaks. Now that we have it, we should be able to go. Earle's planning on taking the written test this saturday, so he'll be able to legally drive again. Can't wait, I hate that truck. I want my Mustang back. It felt sooooooo good driving it too the shop. I felt sorry for it, it wasn't happy.

Sucks about them possibly shutting down the track. I'll see what I can do about going. I know other people who might be interested in going, doubt they'll be up for the drive though.
Old 10-03-2002, 04:27 AM   #4
PKRWUD

You didn't sound like you were looking for sympathy. I just remember going to extremes trying to get you two to listen to me about that, but hubby seemed to think it was all under control. Did he learn a lesson this time, or is that concept still a pipe dream?

I wasn't being sarcastic. Travelling to Ok, and spending that much time with each others families, and you both are still alive to talk about it, tells me things are going well. Correct me if I'm wrong. I haven't checked, but I assume your interests are still the same.

We're racing October 12th and October 19th.
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 10-03-2002, 04:29 AM   #5
PKRWUD

BTW, have you been to RiceHatersClub.com since I became the webmaster? It's a little bit different.
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 10-03-2002, 04:53 AM   #6
rustang girl
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PKRWUD You didn't sound like you were looking for sympathy. I just remember going to extremes trying to get you two to listen to me about that, but hubby seemed to think it was all under control. Did he learn a lesson this time, or is that concept still a pipe dream?
K, just makin sure. Yes, I know you did. He thought it did, and no, he generaly doesn't learn from his mistakes, that's one of the things that bothers me about him. He's learning to learn from his mistakes. Like when I'm driving, I only half listen to him, and when I ask him to repeat hisself, he gets pissy. I always have to remind him, he generally says sorry and explains his self, other times he just drops it. He's doing better. As for him and cars, no he doesn't really learn. He always takes what he call the Jews way out. Well, it's almost 3am, gotta go to sleep now.

Quote:
Originally posted by PKRWUD I wasn't being sarcastic. Travelling to Ok, and spending that much time with each others families, and you both are still alive to talk about it, tells me things are going well. Correct me if I'm wrong. I haven't checked, but I assume your interests are still the same.
Ok, I was just making sure. Yes, I had a great vacation. It was nice spending time w/ my family and friends. As for Ok. I got attacked by miquitos, the last night I was watching the news and saw the thing about the West Nile virus and there being nor cure. god was I afraid I was ganna die. I figured if I got a cold I had no chance. After vegas I DID get a cold. hehe But, I'm still alive and my cold's gone.

His mom is crazy, his sister is a witch, hi step dad wouldn't talk to me. He doesn't like his family eaither. He wasn't the nicest of kids so him and his family didn't get along. His step dad made his mom kick him out when he graduated from high school when he was 15. And his sister was always causing problems. And his family blamed a lot of the financial probs on him because of his cleft pallet. So, that's why he doesn't like them. I don't like em cuz of how they treat him, plus they're backstabbers. Be nice to you to your face then talk about you behind your back. Quite a few things in OK sucked. It was nice seeing the place he grew up though. Nice area too. I couldn't live there tho, too many bugs. They were SOOOOO loud at night.

The rest of the vacation was great. I really enjoyed it.

We might be moving next month.

Quote:
Originally posted by PKRWUD We're racing October 12th and October 19th.
K, I'll remember that and see if we can make it.

Blah, I talk too much.
Old 10-03-2002, 04:57 AM   #7
rustang girl
Registered Member

Quote:
BTW, have you been to RiceHatersClub.com since I became the webmaster? It's a little bit different.
hmmmm, didn't know you were the webmaster. I just glanced at it, I'll loook again tomarrow (today) after I wake up. :-P

It reminds me of your site.

Looks good. :-)
Old 10-03-2002, 08:46 PM   #8
DAN-MAN
Confederate Cowboy

Have we missed you? Umm, no!

YOu know I'm just joking.

Sorry to hear about your bad misfortunes. I hope that everything gets cleared up soon.

Good luck to you and happy birthday.

Daniel.

RHC MEMBER #25
DAN-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 09:01 PM   #9
The Deuce
Registered Member

I thought you had just gotten tired of dealing with us. I don't know how that could ever happen though. Welcome back!

12 and 19, eh Chris? I'm putting a call into a lady friend tonight about the 19th. I should be there.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 11:38 PM   #10
rustang girl
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DAN-MAN Have we missed you? Umm, no!

YOu know I'm just joking.

Sorry to hear about your bad misfortunes. I hope that everything gets cleared up soon.
Awww, I feel so loved!

Thanks, but that's life, right? Just makes all the good times that much better, right? Sounds like I'm trying to convince myself.

I washed my baby then went to the grocery store. GOD! It's nice having it back.

I can't wait to take it for a real test drive!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by DAN-MAN
Good luck to you and happy birthday.

Daniel.
Thanks alot!
Old 10-03-2002, 11:56 PM   #11
rustang girl
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by The Deuce
I thought you had just gotten tired of dealing with us. I don't know how that could ever happen though. Welcome back!

12 and 19, eh Chris? I'm putting a call into a lady friend tonight about the 19th. I should be there.
Awwww, I'll never get sick of you guys.

Thanks for the welcome!
Old 10-04-2002, 12:06 AM   #12
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

welcome back, quite a few people have been mia lately, hope everything goes ok for ya.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2002, 04:48 PM   #13
rustang girl
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Crazy Horse GT
welcome back, quite a few people have been mia lately, hope everything goes ok for ya.
Thanks. Yeah, that's what I heard. It's weird. I'm going away for a few days again. Not as long this time. I generally always go outa town on the weekends, so nothign different. Might get back Monday night.

Thanks. Things are good.

I forgot what it's called, I keep wanting to call it a clutch, the thing that lets the gas into the (distributer?), (on top of the engine) it keeps sticking, I guess. My baby doesn't always start on the first try. I actually got stuck @ the gas station last night, ended up walking home for my fiance. I just live around the cornor from the station.

Another prob, still having probs w/ the electrical system. Shorts, I guess. The battery was dead this morning.

The last one is the shroud, it was made to fit on w/ the ac's radiator on also. We have the ac one, but it's in VERRRRRY bad condition, needs to be rebuilt, long story short, I can't get the shroud on. Fiance's working on rigging it so it will work. Blah.

Anyways, I'm in a grouchy mood today. I hope everyone has a great day and a great weekend. Make sure you do at least one fun thing this weekend!!! You better, otherwise I'm ganna come get you! j/k

Take care,

Heidi
Old 10-04-2002, 05:39 PM   #14
The Deuce
Registered Member

It's the carberator (sp?) on top of the motor that gets stuck. Sounds like there all sorts of demons on your baby that need to be exercised. I would love to get my hands in there and play for a day or two. Maybe some day we can have an intervention for that car.

Have a good weekend, I know I plan on it.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 01:31 AM   #15
rustang girl
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by The Deuce
It's the carberator (sp?) on top of the motor that gets stuck. Sounds like there all sorts of demons on your baby that need to be exercised. I would love to get my hands in there and play for a day or two. Maybe some day we can have an intervention for that car.

Have a good weekend, I know I plan on it.
Yah!!! That's what it is. I can never rememebr all those names.

Ya, I think someone has it out for my car.

He's threatening to put a chevy engine in it.

It's an '87 5.0 HO in a '66 coup. We may be getting a new intake and 4 barrel carb.

We put the shroud on today. It wouldn't fit right, the holes wouldn't line up right and the fan blades kept hitting it. We had to custom fabricate our own mounts. Found what looked like parts from a steroe system in the trashcan out back. We assum it was from Kevin, our neighbor, he fixes radeos and stereo systems for a living. Anyways, we cut a chunk off of it w/ a dremmel (sp?) and put a couple new holes in it. Went through quite a few bits. Ran outa bits, so one of the brackets didn't get finnished, that spot is getting held on w/ zip ties till tomarrow. In the alley it sounded happy and felt happy, lots of wind. But, when we took it for a test drive on the freeway it went back to it's normal temp spot. So, either it's still running hot, or the gage is off. While in the ally it was on cold, but the time we got back home, (20 miles?) it was the almost half way mark.

Since it has it's power prob, it's sitting on the street with the battery disconnected.

Once we get the new crome bumper, or the old one fixed, we're ganna get more things to replace for the exterior, then get it painted. It should be painted by the end of the year. YaY! :-)

Hmmmm, I guess I just rambled on again, sorry. I bet there aren't too many people who stuck around long enough to read this sentence. hehe

That's enough from me for now.

Thanks, I already know I'll have a good one, if we ever leave LA.

Goodness that's funny, left Bakersfield to get away from that yucky town and moved to LA. Now everytime we wanna go do stuff, it's up to Bakersfield we go. Go figure. :-P

Have a racing meeting/party/b-day party to attend. Among other things.

Take care everyone!

BTW: My bad mood's gone.

BTW2: I talk too much.
Old 10-05-2002, 05:30 AM   #16
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

If it's an '87, I thought those were fuel injected, am I wrong here? I thought the last year of the carb was '84?
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am
mustangman65_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 05:34 PM   #17
rustang girl
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mustangman65_79
If it's an '87, I thought those were fuel injected, am I wrong here? I thought the last year of the carb was '84?
It is a fuel injected engine, but it isn't fuel injected yet. Down the road we're planning on making it fuel injected, that's all I know for sure.

Last night @ the party, a friend of ours said he knows someone who can paint my car for cheap, I even got to check out 2 cars he painted and talk to other people who knew the guy. I can't wait to get it painted!!! He's planning on talking to the guy today, then either e-mailig me or posting to another board. CAN'T WAIT!!!

CVSR

Oh, and the car's running great!

The fan? is making noicecs and it still has the power prob. Could the fan need to be oiled? Could it be too hot? It's a screeching noice. I believe it has done it in the past.

Anywho, I'm still in Bako. Earle's taking the test tomarrow. I can't wait!!!

God, there were SOOOO many drunk people there last night. hehe Too many underagers tho. They were being idiots.

I still had fun tho.

I hope u have a great day! TTFN

-Heidi
Old 10-06-2002, 05:39 PM   #18
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

sound's like you have a worn out fan clutch, or a belt problem, just trying to help.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002, 11:34 PM   #19
rustang girl
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Crazy Horse GT
sound's like you have a worn out fan clutch, or a belt problem, just trying to help.
The clutch was replaced recently, so I hope it's not that.

We're going to try to tighten the belts, but we don't have anythign to do it with. We've decided the belts got loose, probably from when we installed the new fan blades and fan shroud.

Other than the noices it's doing good. It doesn't get hot anymore either. I wish we had done it sooner.

Take care,

Heidi :-)
AKA Rusty

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: