MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-08-2001, 11:18 PM   #1
bluemustang
Registered Member

Post Im A NewBie

Hi everyone im new here so ill intro myself. My name is Eric im 17 from New Britain CT . I own a 2000 mustang. its metallic blue with metallic silver running horses on the sides. This was a birthday present to myself ive worked my *** off at JCPenneys to buy this car because it was something ive alwayz wanted as a kid and basically my dream car.
Its basically all stock till spring comes. i have a Borla duel quiet thunder exhaust very nice sound. and an audio system that consist of 2 boston rally speakers in front and back and 2 10 JLW3 sub woofers wit a kenwood amp.
for effect ive added a neon blue undercarriage that i only use for shows. also headlight black outs

soon to get are differ gear ratios a paxton air gear supercharger and NOS. this i shall have done during the monmth of march. when all goes well

i have plans of making this car as close to a 10 second car cuz i do love racing. i wanna get my car ready to go 2 LVD or E-town

thats jus a dream for now

i have a lil website on my car when i first got it and all
http://www.angelfire.com/indie/bluebeast/site.html
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2001, 01:14 AM   #2
347MOM
Registered Member

LET ME BE THE FIRST TO WELCOME YOU TO THE BOARD. WE HAVE ALOT OF FUN HERE. HOPE TO POST WITH YOU SOON!!!
347MOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2001, 04:29 AM   #3
Vector
Registered Member

Ok first off, how the hell does someone at your age afford a 2000 Mustang? Those things are around 25000 second hand *canadian* so how? I'm 17 too so I'd like to know how I can get this car
Vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2001, 09:30 AM   #4
Stefan
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Right on man. If you worked your @ss off for it you deserve it. It's too easy for most people your age to utilize mom and dad for the funds so be proud of yourself for being self sufficient. I didn't get my GT until I was 29 ( all my money was going into my 66 at the time) but I paid cash.

BTW welcome to the board.

Brett

------------------
66 Tahoe Turquoise Coupe
Laser Red 96GT Ragtop
30 Years & 30 inches apart in the driveway!
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2001, 09:59 AM   #5
ronny50
Registered Member

Welcome to the Board!

Everyone here is great and willing to answer any questions you may have about your car.

------------------
1990 GT 5k Original miles!!
Ripper,Pullies,73 MM C&l Mass Air,9mm Wires,Piaa Headlights,MAC Cold Air (Fender)
ronny50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2001, 11:02 AM   #6
bluemustang
Registered Member

Vector. i afforded this by working my *** off at JCPenneys as Package Pickup i worked full time from aug till april and all i did was save and thats how i got my car

to everyone else thanks for the welcome
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2001, 12:43 PM   #7
gt-hunter
Registered Member

The good thing about this story is that he knows the "value" of money. He knows how much the car cost..and how hard it was to get the cash to buy it...so he will not take it for granted.

I ran into this guy the other night who was given a 2000 Lightning for his 18th birthday...

and although he's my boy and all and I like him a lot...there is a guy on my home board with a 2000 WS6 Trans Am who is 18 also and it was given to him and is maintained (insurance and payments) by his parents.

I just think that if you have to work for it...you will enjoy it that much more.

Congrats on your new ride man.

Mike

------------------
1999 Z28 M6 Arctic White, MTI-Clear Lid w/K&N, FTRA system, B&B Triflo, BMR STB, Pro 5.0 Power Tower, 160 Powerstat, HPP3, Harlan shift light, TB Coolant bypass, Ported MAF, Accel 9000 Extreme wires, NGK TR-6s, Redline Synthetic Lubricants, K&N oil filter,
BEST E.T. 13.27 @ 106.39, 2.022 60'(n/a on street tires)
323.1rwhp, 333.9 rwtq n/a

[i]If we are to accept the fact that Con is the opposite of Pro, then it would also serve to assume that Congress i
gt-hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2001, 01:05 PM   #8
RAGE_5.0
Registered Member

i also worked my *** off but all i could afford was a 1990 cobra..........sometimes i would be working 50 hours a week after school.....i hate to say it but if i could afford a brand new car it would probably be a 2001 firebird formula.......i always loved the f bodies......don't get me wrong the new gt's kick *** but i just love the firebirds
the low 13 second 1/4 mile time don't hurt either

JAMES

------------------
Black 1990 gt cobra bonestock
not for long
RAGE_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2001, 10:50 PM   #9
Vector
Registered Member

Well damn that sure is some mighty fine inspiration. When I get a job I'm going to be looking at used cars in the range of 6-8000 canadian. Gonna get a loan from somewhere so I can get the car as fast as possible. The insurance costs scare me as well and I just don't think paying insurance on a 2000 GT is realistic for me! Besides insurance I don't want to have a shiny new car that I might screw up somewhere... plus the 5.0 engines are probably easier to work on for a beginner. Also my parents would probably ***** that I was blowing all my money into a car and not saving it for university or college

[This message has been edited by Vector (edited 08-09-2001).]
Vector is offline   Reply With Quote