MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-03-2004, 11:33 PM   #1
MEDIK418
Registered Member

Default Info about Slowpony

I was reading the post concerning 82GT a minute ago and thought I would let everyone in on a member that goes by the name of Slowpony. I posted a message about looking for a set of AFR heads for the oldest son's mustang a while back and in a day or so received a PM that read basically, hey. . .have I got a deal for you!
He claimed to be able to get the heads I wanted at a good price so I bit. From the post, he already knew I didn't want the spring or retainers that usually comes with them and quoted me a price that was cheaper than my lowest quote by a hundred bucks.
I'm thinkin.. . "wanna buy a bridge?"
Bottom line is, I got the heads exactly as he described them with the upgraded valves he included at the price he quoted. I'm impressed! Thank you to Slowpony and the folks at ET Performance. I will admit that even having seen him on the boards for some years now, I was still skeptical but he came through and the big boy couldn't be happier.
See. . .you guys thought I was gonna rag on the boy. . ..didn't ya?
1986 four-eyed LX coupe, 358 Cleveland, Tremec TKO600/centerforce clutch, dish cut Probe forged pistons, comp cams hyd.roller cam, .579/.588@224/230, Edel.performer, 670 holley street avenger, CPR custom built long tubes, ported and polished 4bbl heads, manley valves, beehive springs, MSD peo-billet dist/MSD6AL, fluidamper, 5 lug conv. with 17x8 bullits there's more but it's still not finished yet.
Oh, and the oldest boy is turning his 89 GT into a FFR cobra this next summer.
MEDIK418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 04:18 PM   #2
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Default Re: Info about Slowpony

I have had both good and bad luck buying stuff online from private parties.

My latest purchase from ebay sucked though, i bought a cowl hood for $240.00 and never recieved it. Thank god for paypal protection, they refunded my money 1 week later.

My brother bought a turbo from a guy on a 300zx forum for $1,200.00. I just knew he had got ripped off but it showed up and looked great.

You never know,
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 08:40 PM   #3
Rev
Registered Member

Default Re: Info about Slowpony

I for one am very glad to hear that Slowpony sells a superior product at a good price. I got a little sideways with him for making critical comments about an advertisement he tried to post in the BOL. I thought it belonged in the classified section and it did get removed from the BOL. I got a scathing PM for making those critical comments, LOL.

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote