MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-31-2002, 12:48 PM   #1
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Thumbs down Interesting convo I just had with a C5 owner

A husband of a coworker just dropped by the office. I see him pull up in a red c5 (auto) vette. He walks in and we get to talking. I mention that on my way to work this morning I was in the cobra and there was a vette in front of me, and when we messed around, he couldnt shake me. The vette owner then tells me, "Oh no, that can't be, the dealer told me that there's nothing on the road that can touch a corvette." I pointed out that stock for stock, the vette would hand the cobra it's ***, but that the cobra now has many mods, and seems to do ok on the street. He pointed out that the cobra has 400hp and 400 torque. I said, "Oh, you have a z06?" He said, "no, it's a 99..." At this point I realized arguing was futile, and I asked if he'd like to go run em. He said no cause it would be a waste of time I HATE cocky/uninformed car owners!!

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2002, 01:16 PM   #2
bald guy 90gt
Registered Member

Default c 5 vettes

you should have smacked him like a little biatch
Old 08-31-2002, 01:31 PM   #3
The Deuce
Registered Member

Quote:
He said no cause it would be a waste of time
At least he was right. That would have been a waste of your time. You would have handed that guy his arse, since he obviously has never really driven the car.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2002, 01:46 PM   #4
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by The Deuce
At least he was right. That would have been a waste of your time. You would have handed that guy his arse, since he obviously has never really driven the car.
LOL, yeah...he also was telling me the story of the one time he floored it... He's all, "Man, one time I was on the highway, and I needed to pass this guy up...so I pulled around him and put the pedal all the way down...big mistake...it was like, 'WHOOM' and it scared me, so I let off..."

I just looked at him like, "please, for the love of god, give me your unappreciated c5 and you can go buy a civic..."

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Old 08-31-2002, 02:14 PM   #5
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

You've just described 80% of all corvette owners....

Usually they know nothing about the car that they drive, or even cars in general. All they know is that its supposed to be fast, its cool, and its expensive....

I've had my share of run ins with vette owners... (never a good one either...)

The best one was at the 1/8 mile track...
Doing a test and tune run, and realised as I was staging that I forgot to take some tire pressure out of the drag radials in the rear.... oh well, I'll just have a little fun.

I look over in the next lane and I see this mid 90s vette.... car looked stock, and the guy looked serious....

Lights go down the tree... we launch, and I'm roasting tires in first.... he pulls half a car. I get a little traction and go into second.... again, loss of traction almost all the way through second yet I reel him in a little anyway, as he now has only a fender on me. Third gear, mercifully I hook up and walk this stooge hard. I had at least 2 car lengths and still pulling when we hit the 1/8th trap.....

I come around, park the car and pop the hood to let her cool off. (and let some tire pressure out...)

Here comes this dude in the Corvette.... His eyes are wide as he comes up and asks: "What the heck is in this thing?"
"A little bit of everything..."
"I used to have a Mustang exactly like this..... but it was too slow, so I bought the vette."
I smiled... and the only thing I could say was... "Oh... I see..."

True story folks....

Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2002, 03:47 PM   #6
RBatson
Registered Member

Default Re: Interesting convo I just had with a C5 owner

Quote:
Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
"Oh no, that can't be, the dealer told me that there's nothing on the road that can touch a corvette."
What an idiot! Maybe his wife will drive it to work and you can get her to play alittle. Image his ego when he hears his car got spanked.
RBatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2002, 03:57 PM   #7
429mustang
Registered Member

Damn, I can't stand f***ing idiots like that, I went to give some guy an estimate on building a back porch and I saw a car in his garage under a car cover, I figured it was a cobra or an old vette. He tells me it's his "TOY". (then he offers me a blowj*b)jk
It was a Cobra replica, so I ask him whats in it, hoping he's got a big block or something serious. Oh wait, it's a 302 H.O. with a stupidas* cobra plate on the intake. He said it goes 0-60 in around 3 seconds. (so then I ask him for a b.j.) I thought it was funny his kit car was faster 0-60 than a Mclaren F-1 which is 4 wheel drive and had somewhere around 600hp. I can't stand Stupid f***s with money that think your stupid when they tell you bullshi* that they just heard from some other idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about. I wish I could have set his toy on fire!
Old 08-31-2002, 04:04 PM   #8
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 429mustang
Damn, I can't stand f***ing idiots like that, I went to give some guy an estimate on building a back porch and I saw a car in his garage under a car cover, I figured it was a cobra or an old vette. He tells me it's his "TOY". (then he offers me a blowj*b)jk
It was a Cobra replica, so I ask him whats in it, hoping he's got a big block or something serious. Oh wait, it's a 302 H.O. with a stupidas* cobra plate on the intake. He said it goes 0-60 in around 3 seconds. (so then I ask him for a b.j.) I thought it was funny his kit car was faster 0-60 than a Mclaren F-1 which is 4 wheel drive and had somewhere around 600hp. I can't stand Stupid f***s with money that think your stupid when they tell you bullshi* that they just heard from some other idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about. I wish I could have set his toy on fire!
Lol, my uncle still swears that his 99 BMW automatic 540i goes 0-60 in 4 seconds, and would smoke the GT or the cobra!! Yet he WILL not race me!! Put up or shut up!!

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Old 08-31-2002, 08:23 PM   #9
429mustang
Registered Member

I forgot, that same idiot also gave me the b.s. about how he could put a $100 bill on the dash and I wouldn't be able to grab it if he mashed on it! You bet your as* I'd grab it, I don't really care how fast his car is.
Old 09-02-2002, 09:41 AM   #10
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Quote:
Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
He's all, "Man, one time I was on the highway, and I needed to pass this guy up...so I pulled around him and put the pedal all the way down...big mistake...it was like, 'WHOOM' and it scared me, so I let off..."

You hit him right?....hard

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2002, 07:54 PM   #11
82 GT
Import Slayer

Vette owners seem to think that any car that cost less than there's is not worth their time to race.
I can only imagine what those dealership salesmen tell potential corvette owners about vetts.
Yes, they are fast, cool and expensive but not the fastest.
I think the corvette is way overrated anyway.
If you want to talk about impressive cars then the first car that comes to mind is the Dodge Viper and then the Saleen S7
Screw the vetts!!
'82 GT 351W (.060)Comp Cams 274* Extreme Energy cam, ported & polished heads w/ 1.94/1.60 valves 10.3:1 flat top pistons,stealth intake, Mallory dizzy,Holley 750dp carb, BBK shorties,Flowmaster exhaust,C-4 with 3700 stall converter, B&M pro shifter,8.8 rear, 4:10's, subframes, electric fan, powermaster alternator, 4 core radiator.
82 GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2002, 06:23 AM   #12
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
You've just described 80% of all corvette owners....

Usually they know nothing about the car that they drive, or even cars in general. All they know is that its supposed to be fast, its cool, and its expensive....

I've had my share of run ins with vette owners... (never a good one either...)

The best one was at the 1/8 mile track...
Doing a test and tune run, and realised as I was staging that I forgot to take some tire pressure out of the drag radials in the rear.... oh well, I'll just have a little fun.

I look over in the next lane and I see this mid 90s vette.... car looked stock, and the guy looked serious....

Lights go down the tree... we launch, and I'm roasting tires in first.... he pulls half a car. I get a little traction and go into second.... again, loss of traction almost all the way through second yet I reel him in a little anyway, as he now has only a fender on me. Third gear, mercifully I hook up and walk this stooge hard. I had at least 2 car lengths and still pulling when we hit the 1/8th trap.....

I come around, park the car and pop the hood to let her cool off. (and let some tire pressure out...)

Here comes this dude in the Corvette.... His eyes are wide as he comes up and asks: "What the heck is in this thing?"
"A little bit of everything..."
"I used to have a Mustang exactly like this..... but it was too slow, so I bought the vette."
I smiled... and the only thing I could say was... "Oh... I see..."

True story folks....

LOL I remember that. The guy started off by saying he was "stock" (I think he was trying to come up with excuses for his loss). It turned out he had head work done and some other stuff. That was awesome. Although, Hammer you didn't get much better traction that night, even with less air in your tires

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote