MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-29-2001, 05:11 AM   #21
1965GTO
Registered Member

Our backing of Israel is the real reason behind all this. I would not say they are our strongest ally or that they are the nicest people in the world. I would say that we been interferring over there for too long trying to get them to have peace talks and it will not work. Let them take care of it themselves. Now we need to take care of our own business we were attacked and need to kick some *** . Are we going to have peace talks with bin laden? Hell no! So why do we keep telling Israel to have peace with the f***** PlO?
1965GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2001, 09:28 AM   #22
PKRWUD

Honestly? To keep the price of crude oil down.

Take care
~Chris

------------------
Retired Moderator
MustangNet

My site: JimPorterRacing

RACECAR spelled backwards is RACECAR

HEY !!! Are you ASE Certified ??? If you are, ask me about iATN. The best tool you'll ever have, and it's free !!!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2001, 10:01 AM   #23
jimberg
Registered Member

They hate us because we are free to be sinners if we want. They hate us because we allow women to be educated and show their faces. They hate us because we are wealthy despite our sinfulness (in their eyes). They hate us because our culture is spreading. They're just evil people full of hate for freedom. These morons are completely intolerant of anything that isn't part of their twisted view of Islam. That's why they kill people for teaching Christianity. That's why they destroyed priceless Buddhist monuments.

To say that we should change the way we are and who we support to avoid such attacks is like saying that we should stop earning money so we can't be robbed. Our support of Israel is the right thing to do and we should continue to do it. I do agree that we should stop trying to force Israel into peace since the person they are trying to negotiate with isn't even in control of the people causing the problems. Arafat clearly isn't their leader.

If we let just a few thousand people dictate how we should behave in the world for fear that they may try to terrorize us, we should just as well surrender to them and live under the same laws that the Taliban enforces.
jimberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2001, 02:32 PM   #24
84_GT350
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by myred86gt:
It's my belief that Israel has gotten enough
help from us. They are one of the reasons
why we're in this situation. Let's face it,
we are dealing with a place the size of NJ,
why bother? Is it really that important to us? I realize that 3 major religions came from there, but why all the fuss? Let them
fight for themselves! We (USA) have enough
problems of our own!
Absolutely. This is exactly what gets us into trouble elsewhere in the world. If we're giving Israel all these weapons and money to pummel the sh!t out of the Palestinians, does it really matter who pulls the trigger? Without our help they'd actually have to learn to fend for themselves. And ya wonder why we're helping Israel and not Palestinians? My guess is it has something to do with the fact that there are many more jewish voters than muslim voters. We need to learn that sticking our noses where it doesn't belong ALWAYS comes back to bite us in the *** .

------------------
1984 1/2 GT350 (#842 Hatchback w/ T-tops), 302HO, Comp cams Xtreme Energy cam, Carter 625cfm carb, Weiand Stealth intake, MSD distributor, MSD coil, FMS 9mm wires, 1 5/8" MAC unequal shorties, 2 1/2" MAC Prochamber H-pipe, Flowmaster 2 chambers, KYBs, 16"x8" 4 lug Cobra Rs, Falken 245/45ZR16s

So I pushed it up to 110,
That flathead motor was about to give in,
I crossed my fingers and prayed to the lord,
Don't let me down you fuct up ford!"

"5-Oh Ford" by The Reverend Horton Heat
84_GT350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2001, 02:42 PM   #25
mustang marty gt

Thumbs down

isreal does not need our help, iv'e seen their military first hand ,they are in a lot of way's better equipped than we are, no dis to our military -12 year member. but they can handle their own ,they don't need us at allthe un & the usa needs to let them alone & quit telling them to give up their land, send the plo to iran or somewhere they belong.

------------------

[This message has been edited by mustang marty gt (edited 09-29-2001).]
Old 09-29-2001, 02:52 PM   #26
rbatson

Chris,
I thought about it and that was the conclusion I came to many years ago. Hmm.. we covered some of this in college as well, now that I think about it. I think I've once again shared too much, I gotta quit drinking and posting..

As far as the sister(LOL), 'fraid not You can have my ex-girlfriend tho..

[This message has been edited by rbatson (edited 09-29-2001).]
Old 09-29-2001, 07:23 PM   #27
Motorhead302
Registered Member

The best way I can think to interpret this is:
Israel is the dog behind the fence, and the Taliban and their allies are the little kid that throws rocks at it. The UN and the USA (same thing, really) are the gate. All we need to do is open the gate and let the little sh*t get his *** chewed off, and he'll learn to stop throwing rocks.

Either that or I'm and idiot. Either way, I liked the analogy, lol.

Later

------------------
95 GT, Pulleys, headers, off road, 3.55's, Tremec 3550, Cobra Clutch 14.4's @ 96mph before exhaust. Visit my homepage
95 Mustang GT: $13,000. Heads, Cam, Intake, etc:$3,000. Incon Twin Turbos: $3,500. Seeing the look on that Porsche owner's face at the next light: pricless.
Motorhead302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2001, 08:10 PM   #28
mustang marty gt

Thumbs up

no you are not an idiot you pretty much said it the way it is ,it's just we are the second one behind the fence.the plo & the taliban need to move in together in afghanistan then , mushroom's all around for the brainwashed towelhead's . by the way did you go to the brickyard this year, grat race except the end. me & my wife enjoyed it , but it was hot that day, i had to keep throwing water on a drunk gordo fan, he kept falling out , offered him bottle's of water all day but no he kept swilling bud's. oh well see ya.
Old 09-29-2001, 09:58 PM   #29
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

Guys...I'm not going to try and convince you one way or the other. Just going to share my experience....

I have quite an extinsive background in the study of Biology and human physiology. I've studied the science of how life works, how the brain stores information, how a muscle contracts. I can tell you exactly how a nerve sends a signal. I've disected a human cadaver and seen, held, and cut everything that is contained withing the human form.

And in all my years in studying the workings of human life...with all the science and theory that goes behind it...everything I have seen has only served to strengthen my belief in a higher power.

It's my belief that science and religion complement each other and my experiences have seen that to be true.

Like I said, I'm not preaching to anyone here, just sharing my thoughts as it is my right to do. Believe what you want, but ask yourself why many of the greatest objective and theoretical thinkers of science in all of history have never gone as far as to rule out a higher power. In fact, those that have made it their mission to disprove God have become believers.

My statement: "I believe in Jesus Christ as the Son of God who is the savior of this world."

Anyway, my soapbox is now collapsed. I will make no more posts on this thread.

--nathan

------------------
--silver_pilate

'91 GT, Built 306, Wolverine 1087 cam, ported Windsor Jr. Irons, and all the goodies...click the link to the left to see a full list of my mods...

Tried and True 302 Being Built to Outrun You! heh heh heh...
--Texas Panhandle--
Check out my site
silver_pilate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2001, 12:48 AM   #30
rbatson

I usually don't go into this except with someone that I really know, when we are questioning existance and the beginning.

Silver plate,I believe you are 100% right, there is not a doubt in my mind that there is a higher existance or "power". I just don't know if it has anything to do with humans. Ok, Im not gonna tip toe around this subject so.. I'll just say what I think about the whole situation and try to say it without sounding like a nut.

Ever notice how things seem to work in a cycle? "All matter is composed of atoms." Hmm.. So we are all made of atoms. What are protons made up from?? More atoms?? Hmm.. The planets rotate the sun and the moon rotates the planets. (Sounds like an atom.) We know there are many more, uncountable, universes out there. Is it possible that we are living IN an atom?? Is it possible there are other lives in the small particles that all matter is consisted of? I think the answer to this is YES. I think we are composed of atoms, there are atoms within those atoms, that we in fact are part of an atom which makes up another atom and so on. Where does it end?? We are so insignificant, there is no way I think we will ever know. We could be part of a pebble, grain of salt, electricity, there is really no telling. Anyhow, this discussion could go on for 80 years. Which leads me to time, it really is relative. A life time to us may be a second in the bigger scheme of things, a second to us may be a life time for someone/something else. We know this is true, we can look under a microscope and watch other cells come to life and end in a matter of seconds. We know the 'half-life' of different substances, is there something watching us?? Good chance!

Well, I meant to stop at anyhow but once I get going its hard to stop a thought.. one just leads to another..

I believe there is a high power, I just don't know if its how everyone preceives it.. I'm not an athiest, I'm a Marxist. I don't claim there is or isn't a god, I simply claim not to know. I think the best we can do is live and be happy, make the most of our time(this is our time whether it be a second or 80 years).

Disclaimer; I could be completely wrong! I'm just stating some observations I've made, which led me to this conclusion.

Sorry, 4 years trying of avoiding this subject here and I have to open my BIG MOUTH.. Peace

[This message has been edited by rbatson (edited 09-30-2001).]
Old 09-30-2001, 01:14 AM   #31
rbatson

Old 09-30-2001, 01:16 AM   #32
rbatson

Oops!

Old 09-30-2001, 03:10 AM   #33
84_GT350
Registered Member

Rbatson...you drunk dood? That sounded way to philosophical and existential to be coming from a sober man. But how did this become a religious issue? I don't know who or what or even if god is...but I don't believe that he is the great creator we make him out to be. After all...by the rationale that we all had to come from somewhere, ok...that's true. But where did god come from? And the human body I have trouble with. If evolutionists are right...then millions of years don't seem like much time to get us where we are. But sometimes it seems like the human body is too perfect to be created by chance...the way one part compliments and sustains another. I also don't see us being molded out of clay and just *poof* turning out perfect. My major beef with religion rest in all of it's texts. Why doesn't the bible make mention of dinosaurs? You think you might want to include a chapter or two about enourmous fuking lizards. And we keep finding fossils that support more of an evolutionary basis than creationist basis. It's amazing what kinda sh!t you can find when ya dig stuff up, huh?

As far as Israel's concerned...who cares what kind of "bond" we have with them? It still doesn't justify the acceleration of violence and killing that will inevitably wipe them and the Palestinians out. Or will we jump into that too? We've become the mafia of the world...selling protection to anyone who can help us out (not necessarily financially). And look what it took for Americans to sit up and take notice of what's been going on. 6000+ people had to die to make us realize we had a problem. Nobody wih any comon sense or a brain cell in their head would say we asked for this or we had it coming...but the country as a whole needs to wake the hell up and realize we're not the innocents we think we are. People are just too busy with their cell phone, corner office, Jerry Springer lives to see what wrongs we commit in the name of peace. We did it in Vietnam. We did it in the Gulf War (by pretending we were there to help them instead of protecting our oil interests. You think anybody asked us to show up there?). And we're still doing it.

------------------
1984 1/2 GT350 (#842 Hatchback w/ T-tops), 302HO, Comp cams Xtreme Energy cam, Carter 625cfm carb, Weiand Stealth intake, MSD distributor, MSD coil, FMS 9mm wires, 1 5/8" MAC unequal shorties, 2 1/2" MAC Prochamber H-pipe, Flowmaster 2 chambers, KYBs, 16"x8" 4 lug Cobra Rs, Falken 245/45ZR16s

So I pushed it up to 110,
That flathead motor was about to give in,
I crossed my fingers and prayed to the lord,
Don't let me down you fuct up ford!"

"5-Oh Ford" by The Reverend Horton Heat
84_GT350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2001, 09:14 PM   #34
mustang marty gt

Angry

you could be right 84-gt350 i went to the big desert storm after awhile i wondered what the hell am i doing here, it made no sense , i talked to a nam vet not long ago he told me he hated the gook's , sorry his own word's- then he told me , they were right they did not wany us there, i thought about it and , when iraq took kuiwat , why did'nt saudi arabia kick their a$$ out they had a larger army etc , no let's call in the usa but now it's different they have attacked us so ,let's rock.

------------------
Old 09-30-2001, 09:29 PM   #35
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Unit 5302:
History shows that it is the UN holding Israel back. If the UN wouldn't keep messing with them and telling them to give their country up for peace Israel would have blown Lebanon to bits again. Egypt learned first hand how powerful that little nation is. Israel has given up it's land in a vain attempt for peace, yet the UN and President Clinton were still telling them to give up more.

What do you think our reaction would be if Mexico was causing **** and the UN and Israel told us to give up Texas for peace? As far as I'm concerned we should back Israel 100% and let them deal with the arabs as they see fit.

Texas would be the wrong state to Phuck with there are enough armed civilians in Texas to put up a damn good fight with a low tech country like Mexico
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote