MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-30-2002, 01:14 PM   #21
rbatson

I was delivering to the NAPA on my route one morning and this customer says "I'll find out" and walks out as I'm coming in and the part guy says "It would help if you new what kinda car you have!". I just started laughing and said what's that all about? The parts guy said the customer walked in and said he thought he needed something (I can't remember what part he was needing) and the parts guy said he didn't even know the make of the truck he had!! He said it was a little red pickup!! I just busted out laughing and the parts guy says "We get all kinds!". This customer was easily in his mid-50s and all I could think was... how did this guy make it this far in life?!?! We still joke about that, I'll come in a say I need a part for a little black sports car
Old 06-30-2002, 04:17 PM   #22
Rev
Registered Member

This wasn't a parts person or a customer, but a wrecker driver. After adjusting my sending unit for the fuel guage, my car wouldn't get over 60 mph without cutting out and actually stalling. I knew it must be fuel starvation from what I had done but on the side of the freeway, I was pondering the situation. The hood was up with me poking around under there when a voice said "Let me just tow it to a shop".

I looked up and there was this wrecker driver looking over my shoulder. I said no, it would run but was cutting out at speed. He said no, it would never start or run. I said it would and that I didn't need a tow.

He insisted that it wouldn't run and that I needed a tow. I was getting a little perturbed about then as I wanted to be left alone to try to figure out why the cut out/stall.

Finally I said , " Why do you think it won't start/run?". He said "simple, it ain't got no battery".

To make a longer story shorter, the battery is mounted in the trunk, and I had kinked a flexible fuel line when I worked on the sending unit.

I fired it up and drove home at 50 mph where I found out the problem.

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe

Last edited by Rev; 06-30-2002 at 06:13 PM..
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2002, 06:58 PM   #23
jimberg
Registered Member

Platinum plugs are less likely to misfire since they will fire at a lower voltage. That, and their long life, is why the auto manufacturers use them. Fewer misfires over a longer period of time mean lower emissions and better gas mileage. Platinum plugs also have copper cores. They only have a different electrode.