View Single Post
Old 01-05-2003, 01:44 AM   #57
rbatson2
Registered Member

Default Re: Re: Yep...

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr 5 0
There's that 'sir' stuff again. I feel like we're in the 1890's having tea or something
Exactly how old are you?? LOL!! Just kidding Jim. I agree, we are all adults here and I don't see anyone getting too terribly upset. We just have a differing opinion, no big deal.. welcome to the USA. Most of us have known each other for many many years and I don't see a little opinion changing the fact that we are still friends.

I must admit, I was pulling your chain a bit the other night, Jim. I've never been in a political discussion with you but I've read a few and I knew what would push your buttons... heeh.

No way do I believe the Presidency is to be taken lightly. I don't think Bush(jr) was really ready for the office but he had good guidance. Cheney was alot of help, I'm sure, as was his father. His father being in his late 70s doesn't discredit him in the least, in my eyes. My grandpa was handing me great advice right up to his dying day(a week before his 84th birthday)... * sigh*

If you want to 'discuss' something... let's discuss this tax break thing that Bush wants to push through. I know you spend alot of time researching and thinking about this sort of thing and I personally have a few unresolved issues with it. I enjoy the tax breaks and refunds, don't get me wrong but... how is that supposed to stimulated the economy? It seems to me that there needs to be more jobs to accomplish this feat. The free trade agreement that handed alot of our jobs over to the mexicians, people that don't even pay tax in this country.. I think that should be dealt with. Companies moving thier facilities to other countries to save on labor cost and then bringing the product back here for a greater profit. Seems to me that if there were a greater import tax some of these companies would quit contracting out 'our' work.

Bush's latest plan is to give us a tax break but Daschle says, upon further investigation, that a person making $1 million a year will see a return of $24,000 extra while someone making $30-40k will notice a big $76... Who is getting the benifit here?? I know I said I don't listen to political propaganda but... where do you get your info from Jim?

In times like these its real easy to get sidetracked by the war at hand. Easy to change the subject, if you know what I mean. I'm lucky enough to have a secure job but I see my brothers falling around me.. Repo houses going up on the market and folks that can't find a job to pay the rent. Is a tax break and extended unemployment the answer? I don't think so.

Your friend(no matter the differences of opinion),
Rick

Last edited by rbatson2; 01-05-2003 at 02:00 AM..
rbatson2 is offline   Reply With Quote